In the context of the forex market, the exchange rate between the US dollar and the British pound sterling. Because it is the norm in forex for most major currencies to be quoted against the US dollar on a regular basis, cable is a commonly used term. Cable can also be used to refer simply to the British pound sterling. If you are wanting to join forex market then start your trade with TryMarkets.

• 2 months later...

The various currencies in the forex market has come to be known by by some alias. Almost every major currency pair traded in the forex market has a nickname.  The cable refers to GBPUSD, euro refers to ERRUSD, loonie refers to USDCAD, suisse refers to USDCHF.

• 1 month later...

Only professional traders will understand what cable means. Cable is term. A term that is used for the British pound vs us dollar pair which means GBP/USD pair. It actually refers to the Atlantic Cable laid under the Atlantic Ocean in 1850. This enable telegraphed messages with currency prices between London and New York exchanges. I learned so many facts about forex from my broker AAFX. If you really want to trade peacefully with proper knowledge this is the right broker.

• 1 month later...

When I started trading the equity market, I did not realize how tough it was going to be to decide on and place the types of orders in the CFD market. It was extremely tough going for me until I started using FXB Trading. Its website explained all types of orders quite nicely. The informative articles were easy to understand and the site has been of immense help to me