Forexmaths

• 1 month later...

It is nothing to get too excited about.

Here you go:

http://www.4shared.com/document/VSg0nRiU/FOREX_MATHS_STRATEGY.html

I think it will work only in strong trending market that needs to last several days.

Following its rules, I randomly looked at GBPUSD calculations for the last 11 days, but you need 5 previous day's data for next day's calculation, so I can get the trading decisions for the most recent 6 days (including today).

So for the most recent 6 trading days, for GBPUSD on Alpari UK timing, tracking the actual price movement within those days, to see if SL is hit before TP (or vice versa), I have 1 winning day of +92 pips, 1 undecided day (meaning neither the stop loss nor take profit was hit), and if the undecided day I were to close manually at end of day, that will be +50 pips, and then 4 straight days of losses (range from -29 pips to -43 pips). So let me be generous and say I have 2 winners to 4 losers. Now granted the losses per trade was less than wins per trade, but in the end, the net of last 6 days on GBPUSD was a puny +4 pips. And if I include the spread, then it would be a small loss.

I have not looked further at longer term, or at other currencies yet, simply because I do not have the time now to get down all those numbers into a calculation spreadsheet to run an analysis. If anyone does, and find it to be profitable longer term, or on specific currencies, please come back and let us know.

this sytem is not an evidence for a trade, but the market dont use mathematics formula !

It is basically a very simple method of comparing current price with the 5 periods MA. If price is above MA, assume bullish bias and go long, if price below MA, go short. The only seemingly clever (not) part is the MA is the average of 4 different MAs based on slightly different price (Open, Close, High, Low) for the same 5 periods. Basically, you hope a trend will continue.

• 7 months later...