I_Trade_Aims

Dear and respected Friend and trader ... " alright "

I humbly apologize as jumped into thread at late time, as I always await for thread to become mature and then I will accordingly see the stage and thus judge whether to study it or not.

I usually just read the PDF's as to me indicators are all lagging .. and I trade 'naked charts" .. pure PA with a few twist.

Thus, I did something that pis***es me off on others.. when they pre-judge .. which I did in this case....

Again, you are a master contributor and very intelligent .. but most of all .. superb good character with down to earth humour ..

Commend you

Thus going 'backwards' picked uip the 'goodies' and will read the PDF accordinbgly.

Please, again, my sincerest apologies and hope in near future we meet personally so you can kick my **s and then with a warm handshake .. I buy dinner and drinks ..:)

Good trading wishes

Thanks. I have to be honest it did take me quite some time before I posted because I knew someone would misunderstand me. But then I said "Heck, too bad. At least I will have shared my view, ad if people are not happy, my skin is hard enough".

I was a bit surprised by your comment though, disagreeing with my opinion about you, but also I was suspecting you hadn't taken enough time to get yourself informed.

Apologies accepted anyway. I share your final hopes and be assured I will remind you of your "dinner and drinks" offer in due time...:))

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again a trade 12:01 long and loss -7

cheers

My view on trades today. Times are GMT +2

9:12 Good for 13 pips. exit +7 pips

9:49 Good for 27 pips. exit +17 or 8 pips at worst

10:57 Good for 6 pips. exit -2 pips

The trade you report could have been avoided for 2 reasons, First, out of advised trading time (2-3 hours after Frankfurt). Second, the market looked already quite choppy by that time. But even including it so far you would be about b/e.

There would be a few more winners if taken against purple, but they're not advised to beginners.

The target is to have small losers, small winners and huge winners.

Edit: sorry but i misread the value on the 10:57 trade. so max was 1 pip and exit -3 pips. Also when i was typing my post I selected all and deleted by mistake, so had to retype and forgot to add a comment on the 9:49 trade which was a setup2.

Edited by alright
addition

but alright, you have at all your trades no setup #1 , so they all not follow the rules, can you tell me your version ( rules ) to trigger a trade

at the time 10:57 my alpari.uk ( thats the broker the author prefer ) show only 5 pips from fractal price move up and if you set a PO +3 so you will only 2 pips in profit before price go back to SL

thanks in advance

I reread the pdf, there the author say at page 13, headline:

" Start at London or Frankfurt Open; Trade 2-3 Hrs"

so my trade will in this time frame because alpari =GMT+2 / London= GMT+1 , so my trades to alpari 12:00 will be in the timeframe

nothing wrong, and for the chop market we have the chop killer in the system, or?

My view on trades today. Times are GMT +2

9:12 Good for 13 pips. exit +7 pips

9:49 Good for 27 pips. exit +17 or 8 pips at worst

10:57 Good for 6 pips. exit -2 pips

The trade you report could have been avoided for 2 reasons, First, out of advised trading time (2-3 hours after Frankfurt). Second, the market looked already quite choppy by that time. But even including it so far you would be about b/e.

There would be a few more winners if taken against purple, but they're not advised to beginners.

The target is to have small losers, small winners and huge winners.

but alright, you have at all your trades no setup #1 , so they all not follow the rules, can you tell me your version ( rules ) to trigger a trade

at the time 10:57 my alpari.uk ( thats the broker the author prefer ) show only 5 pips from fractal price move up and if you set a PO +3 so you will only 2 pips in profit before price go back to SL

thanks in advance

Please read my edit on the above post. Also first trade was a setup1. All the rules matching. Also yours was as well, of course not all of them will win, but the important thing is to keep them small. I didnt trade today as couldnt stay at the PC consistently. A few others in the afternoon and then the decent winner at 16:03. ;) Thats the ones worth waiting for...

I was in the trading room sometimes, but the blackdog kick me out :-), it is a irc room you can go in by guest :-)

but I see someone ask over average price after Immy call a addone to a Trade and his answer was :

"average price don't make sense to me"

be serious that will be a good Trader or a good Seller, I'm not sure

I was in the trading room sometimes, but the blackdog kick me out :-), it is a irc room you can go in by guest :-)

but I see someone ask over average price after Immy call a addone to a Trade and his answer was :

"average price don't make sense to me"

be serious that will be a good Trader or a good Seller, I'm not sure

I dont get you here. What do u mean by average price?

About ur last sentence, I would know what the answer is, as i've witnessed it myself, not in the main chatroom.

I reread the pdf, there the author say at page 13, headline:

" Start at London or Frankfurt Open; Trade 2-3 Hrs"

so my trade will in this time frame because alpari =GMT+2 / London= GMT+1 , so my trades to alpari 12:00 will be in the timeframe

nothing wrong, and for the chop market we have the chop killer in the system, or?

Just about the off time, not splitting hairs. Also, a little discretion about chop market might still be appreciated. Nevertheless, still taking a setup when you see it agreeing with all the rules, will allow you not to miss the big pippers when they come, even if you'll need to pay some "rent" on the way.

If you add a position to a trade then you don't know what is an average price, then better never add.

cheers and good luck

Ah ok, I thought you were speaking about some kind of MA. Well, I understand what u mean. You have to bear in mind the particular nature of this kind of trade. A good trade sees the price shooting like a bullet and never looking back. If you read the pdf you see the different weighed size, adjusted in agreement to the probable feeling of the market at each stage of the move, which makes sense. And anyway adding on doesn't go on forever. That's why that kind of response, according to my humble opinion, and also why beginners are not advised to add on.

• 2 months later...
Ah ok, I thought you were speaking about some kind of MA. Well, I understand what u mean. You have to bear in mind the particular nature of this kind of trade. A good trade sees the price shooting like a bullet and never looking back. If you read the pdf you see the different weighed size, adjusted in agreement to the probable feeling of the market at each stage of the move, which makes sense. And anyway adding on doesn't go on forever. That's why that kind of response, according to my humble opinion, and also why beginners are not advised to add on.

hello, how you are you doing with this strategy recently? are you still with them and is it still profitable?

i would really appreciate it if you could share some insight.

Thanks.

hello, how you are you doing with this strategy recently? are you still with them and is it still profitable?

i would really appreciate it if you could share some insight.

Thanks.

Hi. Although I haven't had the chance to trade much lately, I still use the AIMS levels for my trades although I've added some correlation filter to confirm direction (still under test). Over the time I traded this system I realised that the scaling in technique becomes important to aim for relevant profits although not easy to implement for faint at heart people. One needs big confidence to do that and the author himself recommends not to use it before at least 3 months of profitable trades. But the logic is sound: you risk little at the beginning, and when the trend is confirmed you add on to your stake and get more profit. After all that's the strategy adopted by Bill Williams to make quite some decent money over many years since he devised it. That said, even the single size technique is profitable if used with discipline. The journals posted daily in the forum prove it with real trades shown. Bottom line, this system requires great commitment and discipline, as there could be several small losses which will be made up for by some small wins and finally the big one, which always comes, assuming your stop order is there waiting at the right time.

Edited by alright

Hi. Although I haven't had the chance to trade much lately, I still use the AIMS levels for my trades although I've added some correlation filter to confirm direction (still under test). Over the time I traded this system I realised that the scaling in technique becomes important to aim for relevant profits although not easy to implement for faint at heart people. One needs big confidence to do that and the author himself recommends not to use it before at least 3 months of profitable trades. But the logic is sound: you risk little at the beginning, and when the trend is confirmed you add on to your stake and get more profit. After all that's the strategy adopted by Bill Williams to make quite some decent money over many years since he devised it. That said, even the single size technique is profitable if used with discipline. The journals posted daily in the forum prove it with real trades shown. Bottom line, this system requires great commitment and discipline, as there could be several small losses which will be made up for by some small wins and finally the big one, which always comes, assuming your stop order is there waiting at the right time.

alright.

Do you have any update on this system? I just seen the site there is an update name "The setup". Also what is the purple indi?

The purple indi is the red line of gator on a 5 times higher TF, so on 1min chart it's the red line of the 5 min TF. In post #42 I explained my reason why I can't share. But I have to say that everything has been totally shared elsewhere on similar forums. I'm actually surprised all the stuff hasn't been transferred here so far.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...