[req] Gold Expert Advisor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got email and they give their version of gold trading EA. website is www.myfxt00ls.c0m, some of you guys are familiar with their CarryGrid EA. Why not try their GoldFinger EA since they give it as beta release source code? Please test in demo first right guys? Get it here hxxp://d3p0sitfiles.c0m/files/svowt8isd

Email (with some instructions):

"Heres a new option for trading you may not have thought about - trading gold using CFD's. We now have a special modified version of the carrygrid EA, now that is designed only for trading gold, now named GoldFinger. As the carrygrid was extremely profitable in rising markets, and gold is generally a rising market, this seems like a great natural pairing. It is driven off a long term (customisable via period and timeframe) simple moving average, looking for upward movements in the market.

This is still being trialled, and not yet fully automatic, but we wanted to provide you with the opportunity to trial it yourself. It is better at this stage to understand and manage the EA yourself and use it as a tool to complement trading, rather than a fully automatic system.

The EA demo is available here. We recommend you run it on the tadawulfx demo platform, which offers gold amongst other CFD's, forex, stocks etc. They seem to have the best reliability for MT4.

The beta phase is expected to last until the end of the year whilst we get the EA tuned during forward testing. We are also planning a similar EA to be used in the gold market also.

If you are running on windows7/vista you need to run MT4 as administrator to get any EA to work.

Key Properties;

GridMesh = the distance in pips between positions to open GridMaxOpen = the maximum number of positions to open timeframe = the timeframe, in minutes, to analyze the market direction on. see below. maperiod = the period of the moving average. 200 is considered long term, 60 short term.

You can play with the timeframe and grid spacing to however suits you. Below is a look up table for the number of minutes in each timeframe.

1 1 minute.

5 5 minutes.

15 15 minutes.

30 30 minutes.

60 1 hour.

240 4 hour.

1440 Daily.

10080 Weekly.

43200 Monthly

We would really appreciate your feedback as we work to refine the EA for the gold and other commodity markets.

Regards

Tthe MyFxTools Team."

No one seems interested in this Gold EA. Even the other thread http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/7136-Req-Blocktrading which the EA is by the same vendor. Maybe the majority of forum members here know something about these EAs that we don't? Anyway, I took the plunge and asked for their demo EA which they sent on condition that it not be passed around. So, sorry guys I can't share it here. Afterall, you can contact them for the demo. There were some 614 views for this Gold EA and 93 views for the Blocktrading thread. Surely some members would have requested the demo. Yet no shares. Guess all of them had the same no share condition. Maybe they are happily profitting from the EAs and keeping them secret? Ha Ha!

Will post the demo forward tests end of this week or if there are enough trade positions to show some activity. Those who can't wait can go to their website and view the forward tests there. The Blocktrading EAs are on the Gold EA website (top right tab). They have both backtests and forward tests, so seems credible enough. I've read a lot of members' post about their concerns when vendors do not posts forward tests. And there's none of the annoying pushy sales pop-ups when you exit their site.

Thanks Stingrayzz. In all fairness, the vendor did advised against small accounts and posted the recommended equities on their website. Guess I still have to continue since I've bitten the bullet. It's demo afterall.

I just got this statement. Seems my nephew had demo'ed their Blocktrading EA way back in June. Makes my job easier! Don't know if appropriate to post here or not. But it is from the same vendor. There's a bit of good news too.

First, the statement is at http://depositfiles.com/files/vk8bw7f0p

He said he demo AUDUSD instead of the vendor's AUDCAD. He wanted "faster action" eventhough it was not recommended as the EA was programmed for AUDCAD. AUDCAD could be safer I guess - the authors would know better. Anyway, seems it's doing okay with AUDUSD. The other two pairs were as stated in the userguide. He's planning only a small live account, so yet again it's against the vendor's recommendation. To each his own I guess.

The good news? My nephew had received an email promotion of the Gold EA. Seems they're offering it for $65 to the first 50 purchasers. If interested, email them at at [email protected] or go directly to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZS4XQ2BV6NYN4

Whatever you do, please demo tests them first. Keep in mind Stingrayzz comments. One of their users did in fact mention it in his comments ".... You need $2500 per micro lot to trade the EA as it is not unusual to have 36 open trades.The EA seems pretty safe if you don't overtrade-even with the huge recent EUR/JPY fluctuations the drawdown never reached 20%.It is currently at 9%.Profit for my first week was 8% which was higher than the suggested 3-6% per month.If you are prepared to make consistent small profits,and can tolerate a drawdown,this EA looks a pretty good choice.... " Again note consistent small profits and can tolerate a drawdown.

36 open trades! Would be great to use in conjunction with a rebates IB such as cashbackforex (http://www.cashbackforex.com/?aid=3997). Sorry, couldn't resist putting that link in... ;-)

No one seems interested in this Gold EA. Even the other thread http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/7136-Req-Blocktrading which the EA is by the same vendor. Maybe the majority of forum members here know something about these EAs that we don't? Anyway, I took the plunge and asked for their demo EA which they sent on condition that it not be passed around. So, sorry guys I can't share it here. Afterall, you can contact them for the demo. There were some 614 views for this Gold EA and 93 views for the Blocktrading thread. Surely some members would have requested the demo. Yet no shares. Guess all of them had the same no share condition. Maybe they are happily profitting from the EAs and keeping them secret? Ha Ha!

i think when someone purchases an EA the authors implicitly asking for them not to be shared. yet they are still shared. post it up and stop being a hypocrite regarding the morality of sharing EAs.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

No shares yet? Guess I'm not the only hypocrite moral person here. Maybe the others were smarter than me to have kept their mouth shut. Ah well, peace! Sorry to have offended you Stomin_Norman. I'll try to get their okay to share here, understandably they would prefer people to email them as every company would need sales leads for their own survival. 9 to 1 is that no one would contact them once they got their hands on the EA. My colleaques would always ask(beg) their clients for contacts whenever possible - luckily I'm not in the sales dept.

No shares yet? Guess I'm not the only hypocrite moral person here. Maybe the others were smarter than me to have kept their mouth shut. Ah well, peace! Sorry to have offended you Stomin_Norman. I'll try to get their okay to share here, understandably they would prefer people to email them as every company would need sales leads for their own survival. 9 to 1 is that no one would contact them once they got their hands on the EA. My colleaques would always ask(beg) their clients for contacts whenever possible - luckily I'm not in the sales dept.

Hello murtamad

Have you tested goldexpertadvisor? What are your results?

Hi Sam, no, not the gold advisor but the V14 block advisor. Sorry, shouldn't have posted here, should have been in the other thread http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/7136-Req-Blocktrading. I think they are same developer as websites linked to each other. I may be wrong. Anyway, still a mistake not to post in the correct thread as this one is about gold advisor. I'll post in the block trading one later. Wasn't interested in the gold as need large account.