Ninja Trader 8

bluepilot

Hi Friends,

NT 8 look and feel is completely changed. Seems that Bid/Ask volume data is getting saved now.

Has anybody tried it? Please provide your valuable reviews.....Thanks

I have been in Beta since B1, its just NT7 but much better most of the stuff is the same as NT7 with a few new things, this is from a casual user prospective, from power user perspective massive performance changes its finally multi-threaded so the more cores and ram you have the better off you are if you run intense 3rd party systems and/or indicators like T3 NexGen. they finally have a cool Dark theme so thats a very welcome feature for me ;D, lol thats pretty much it there is not much to say about it since it looks so much like NT7(its a good thing since it will be a very easy roll over from NT7 to NT8). also its a a lot more friendly for Forex traders with addtion of Forex boards and components ;D

Edited by kishisaki
forex bit

indicators of nt7 works with nt8

Does not seem so, I tried importing some indicators from NT& onto NT8 it says its from previous version and will not work.

So, you have to either re-write the indicators or the developers have to develop the new ones also, with NT8, they will have new security mechanisms in place.

Edited by marketrulez

Unfortunately no.

I think you can but you needs to have 2 data feeds. They are independent of each other and it will automatically import some of the data (instruments, order history etc...) from nt7 when you install it, that is what I read but I am doing it this weekend and I will have better answer for you then.

From a programming standpoint, yeah, it's a completely different world (Windows Forms model in NT7 vs Windows Presentation Foundation model in NT8. Everything is a rewrite.

As we've seen in these forums already, there's a lot of "stuff" out there which is putting a big real-time computational load onto NT7 for far too little beneficial outcome. So OMG, what are these vendors going to come up with next now that NT8 can take on more "stuff" and still keep chugging? Stay tuned!