Why does my chart look all messy?

Patrick Barks

Patrick, can you show us a before (alpari chart) and a present chart picture so we can know the complete story and solve this for you my friend. As it stands, we can't tell you what's wrong if we don't know what the chart previously looked like. Does this make sense?

Hope we can solve this for you.

Try hitting F2 with the mt4 platform open. In the symbols tab, select the currency with corrupted data,it should open to show you all the timeframes.

If they are greyed out, double click each icon until it turns yellow/green. This will force mt4 to update the OHLC data.

On my 5 min chart it shows 9702 records in the database. ( this figure will show at the top of the table, below will be OHLC data of each candle).

If you have less data, you can increase number of bars shown on your chart by going to tools menu, then options, in the charts tab, increase the number of bars in history & max bars in chart. Then hit OK & restart MT4.

Try hitting F2 with the mt4 platform open. In the symbols tab, select the currency with corrupted data,it should open to show you all the timeframes.

If they are greyed out, double click each icon until it turns yellow/green. This will force mt4 to update the OHLC data.

On my 5 min chart it shows 9702 records in the database. ( this figure will show at the top of the table, below will be OHLC data of each candle).

If you have less data, you can increase number of bars shown on your chart by going to tools menu, then options, in the charts tab, increase the number of bars in history & max bars in chart. Then hit OK & restart MT4.

Tried that but it still doesnt work mate, every other pair is ok USDJPY is awful. Someone from customer support said the reason it was like that was because of the different source of data.