Interactive Brokers ES margin

Traderbeauty

1. Differences in Broker Policies: Different brokers have different policies and risk management strategies. Some brokers might offer lower day trading margins to attract more traders, especially those with smaller account sizes. This can be seen as an advantage for traders who want to maximize their leverage, but it also comes with increased risk.
  2. Risk Management: Brokers like Interactive Brokers might have a more conservative approach to risk management. By requiring a higher margin, they ensure that their clients have a larger buffer against potential losses. This can be beneficial for traders who want a more conservative trading environment.
  3. Different Types of Clients: Some brokers cater more to retail traders, while others might focus on institutional clients or professional traders. The margin requirements can reflect the typical clientele of the broker.
  4. Regulatory Differences: While there are regulatory minimums for margins set by bodies like the CFTC in the U.S., brokers are free to require higher margins if they see fit.
  5. Other Services and Fees: Sometimes, brokers might offer lower margins but might make up for it in other areas, such as higher fees for data, platform usage, or other services.
  6. Liquidity and Funding: Brokers with more liquidity or better funding sources might be able to offer lower margins due to their financial stability.

Hi Everyone.

I know that this is not the right place for this subject but I love the ninja section lol.

If I am not mistaken - Day Trade margin in AMP for the ES is 400$ but at Interactive Brokers almost 10,000.00 $

How can that be ?

Am I mistaken ?

Thank you all.

Traderbeauty-Jane

its 50% for RTH (830-3 CST), but yes they are very conservative.

• 4 months later...
Hi Everyone.

I know that this is not the right place for this subject but I love the ninja section lol.

If I am not mistaken - Day Trade margin in AMP for the ES is 400$ but at Interactive Brokers almost 10,000.00 $

How can that be ?

Am I mistaken ?

Thank you all.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Hi, do you use AMP? If so can you please share a reliable seller info to get the appropriate NT8 version?

Thank you.