Velocity Bars

vit007

I have a great use of this indicator . Velocity showes great turning points when one side become more aggressive. I wonder if some one can add a Sound option to this indicator . One for UP move and one for down move . So treder can hear the soud and pay attention to other charts .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9gr97sx6qty2v0f/VelocityBars_V2_NT7.zip/file

Thanks in advance .

Screenshot(110).thumb.png.8b708faa166ac7c38572e45ee0324c99.png

The bar coloring alone on minute and seconds charts looks very good. If you overlay it with what you normally look for I think you'll find that it confirms what you already have.

Did you see that? I actually made a positive comment about an indicator posted to this website! It's been a LONG time. Figures that it came from a private trader and not yet another scam vendor.

I will tell you where I think Okina (guy on futures.io who invented this indicator and passed away in 2016) went wrong in his thinking. Don't ever try to minimize your loss amount per trade while at the same time try to maximize your winning pct. These factors in trading are always inversely related over 100's of trades.

Edited by lbf4223

I made modifications to the bar coloring of the VelocityBarsV2 indicator and renamed it to VelocityBarsColor so it won't interfere with the original in case you want to have both imported into your indicator list. With the new coloring, I can tell, by the outline color of the price bar, whether it's a standard green candle (close > open) or a red candle (close < open). The body of the candle will always follow the VelocityBarsV2 bar coloring algorithm.

I use this on minute/second charts and so the momentum part of the formula is of no use so I have that part of the code commented out to reduce computation time.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ei33k4

Edited by lbf4223

THERE ARE SO MANY CONFLICTING SIGNALS IN ES WHICH I WATCH TWO MONTHS NOW .

I THINK IT IS SUPER DANGEROUS TO TRADE MANUALLY ,THE MARKET LURES YOU TO GAMBLE AND FINALLY YOU END UP RED.

A COMBINATION OF MANAGING A TREND FOLLOWING ROBOT TAKING ONLY LIMIT ORDERS i THINK IT IS BETTER TO MANAGE THE ROBOT IN COMPARISON WITH MANUAL TRADING

I gave up on the ES many many years ago. The NQ, YM and RTY are far easier for me to trade manually because of their higher volatility. You don't have to wait long to find out whether you're right or wrong. Slow moving things make me indecisive. I much rather enjoy being proven right or wrong QUICKLY so I can move on to the next opportunity. And that's the thing...there's far more trading opportunities on the other three so I have a better recovery factor built into the instruments themselves.

Basically, the ES is a giant hedging mechanism for large funds to offset their risk so choppy backing and filling can happen far too often and, at $12.50 per tick, it wears on my patience. No thanks.

I am in European open and things are more smooth than the gambling taking place in NY open. Each time period has a special character because it moves according the character of the traders.In early Europe you are facing australians japanese arabs germans and british, whatever ranging they will need toi make some money so you have to catch the daily bread move and close the platform.One big move will happen

• 3 months later...