Beyond NT 7

ptop

It looks like Ninjatrader is slowing down support for NT 7, last update was Jan 14 2019 but no relevant updates for IB for some time now! And not a big fan of NT 8

Who here has moved on from NT 7 and what have you started to use instead?

I have tried sierra charts but to difficult for symbol mapping for IB with there historic data back fill.

I'm looking for the ease of order entry that NT 7, low system resources, HLC bars and good community for custom indicators!

Just trying to prepare myself for what looks like the inevitable end of NT7.

Thanks for your input!

NT7 is feature complete. I mean, c'mon, there's only so much you can do to show a price chart with some doo-dads on it to help you decide whether you're in an uptrend / downtrend / sideways to take a trade.

As long as Microsoft keeps .NET 3.5 supported on their Windows 10 and you can get to your real-time data, NT7 will continue to do its thing.

And hey, it ain't no big thing if something goes wrong with the IB interface and NT7 because IB did something to render the two suddenly incompatible. Trust me, that's an easy fix. "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who deserve it." However, I highly doubt that issue will ever come up. IB is very good at supporting all of their prior versions of their TWS API. You can actually connect to the TWS API and conduct trades, get real-time data with a version of their API that is already 14 yrs old!

Edited by lbf4223

Hi lbf4223,

If I connect NT7 to IB, and try to place an order in ES, after that chart of ES will become like one crazy number and all bars will look like a straight line.

I tried reeting symbols, repairing data base, and some other stuff. The really weird thing is that after that - I can never have a normal ES chart again.

Hello Everyone,

I would like to use few of the educated indicators from our forum on Ninja Trader 7.

I understand that if I buy a licensed version of NT7, the educated indicators will not work. So cr@cked verslon of NT7 will be required.

Now in case of educ@ted verslon of NT7, I would like to find out the datafeed (paid one is fine) which will work on this NT7.

If any paid datafeed will be working on edu NT7, please guide to the path of getting that edu NT7.

Thanks a lot.

Hello Everyone,

I would like to use few of the educated indicators from our forum on Ninja Trader 7.

I understand that if I buy a licensed version of NT7, the educated indicators will not work. So cr@cked verslon of NT7 will be required.

Now in case of educ@ted verslon of NT7, I would like to find out the datafeed (paid one is fine) which will work on this NT7.

If any paid datafeed will be working on edu NT7, please guide to the path of getting that edu NT7.

Thanks a lot.

@Fxheaven, that is not correct. For the most part, educated indicators work just fine on a legal, licensed NT7. There are only a few educated indicators that will only work with cr@cked version of NT7.

I think Interactive Brokers has been the least changing (in terms of "breaking" with NT7 updates) data/broker interface among NT7's choices. This year, they dropped the requirement of having to have 10K USD to open an account so that makes it easier for smaller futures traders to get started with them.

If you want to leave NT7/8, AMP Futures provides a free version of MultiCharts.Net to trade with. Their transaction fees seem reasonable.