New PC Build up for Ninjatrader

bomdila

Hi friends, I am going to build up a new PC for trading, specially for Ninjatrader 7, in which I could keep open multiple workspaces and each workspace containing multiple charts. I would use more orderflow and volume tools. Besides Ninjatrader, I would use multiple trading tools, broker terminal applications and VMware also. Please suggest a good configuration in which there is no hanging issue at all

Thank you

Hi friends, I am going to build up a new PC for trading, specially for Ninjatrader 7, in which I could keep open multiple workspaces and each workspace containing multiple charts. I would use more orderflow and volume tools. Besides Ninjatrader, I would use multiple trading tools, broker terminal applications and VMware also. Please suggest a good configuration in which there is no hanging issue at all

Thank you

@bomdila, if you're using Ninjatrader, especially Ninja 7 it won't matter how good your machine is, you will still experience hanging especially during periods of high volatility. Ninja is not particularly well written, especially Ninja 7.

Besides the Trading software "good" or "less" good programming, the Hardware generally required is :

At least 8 GB ( better 16 GB ) fast RAM, Fast graphic Card, Large Monitor ( these are now being more and more cheap, so, you can for example get a 55 inches Ultra High definition ( 4K) with a powerful graphic card....compatible with HDMI 2.0 at least :

Example :

EVGA Graphic Card GeForce® GTX 1060 SC 3Go GDDR5

(
7_1036_0E04_gallery-page-w1_0Q2FydGVzIGdyYXBoaXF1ZXM=_OVRECJ6+fdyBsdkVjPavC p3wz+cTtWLqS0J/i0bW+fiNhw5Q132FyKZkQ4H81T58Jk6IdSsBUBSCf/Adk+tX#mpos=4|mp&mbck=190730230901NQDFIMKQ)
px.gifpx.gif

(1)

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

• Bus Type : PCI Express 3.0 x16

• Clock 1 : 1607 MHz

• Boosted Clock : 1835 MHz

• Interfaces : DVI-D (dual link), 3 x DisplayPort, HDMI

• Technology : GDDR5 SDRAM

evga-carte-graphique-geforce-r-gtx-1060-sc-3go-gd.jpg

then you need at least a 3.8 / 4.2 Ghz CPU with at least 16 MB Cache RAM

and a 240 GB SSD unit for the Windows OS and Core Trading Softwares

plus a SATA big Hard Drive (cheap ) for Recording your SAFETY Backups ( in case of viruses or anything else )

my 0.2 cents

paperclip.png Attached Images attachment.php?attachmentid=246&stc=1&d=1564523937

As far as I know a good or bad GPU does not matter in trading or it does not affect even NT7 performance while playing a game performance depends on how strong your gpu is, what matters in trading, is the CPU single core speed and for multitasking more CPU cores and threads.

you do not need all that hardware,

check out our services.

a cloud server that will guaranteed you

a maximum of 150GB of fast RAM,

a maximum of 32 Hyper core processors

Fast graphic Card and SSD storage

and an ultra-low latency backbone

- London (LD): 0 - 1ms

- New York (NY): 0 - 60ms

- Chicago (CH): 0 - 80ms

which will allow you to keep Ninjatrader

open 24h/d and never miss any realtime datafeed that can be record