ways to speed up nt 7 performance with 8GB of RAM

martis

hi there!

Lately I have been incorporating Ludvik Turek’s DivDelta indicator into my trading and I really like it.

There is one downside however. The charts load really really slow.

I have 3 workspaces with 8 charts each and the system doesnt really load the workspaces or it takes more than 5 minutes and it sometimes works sometimes dont and NT crashes.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY TO SPEED UP PERFORMANCE IN NT 7?

Or to solve this problem?

I have a intel I7 4500U with 8 GB of RAM running win 10 64bit

I appreciate any help! Thanks

first the obvious,

new bad a** computer ( gsaauctions cheap )

or

reduce the number of workspaces

or

reduce data to minimum ( 1 day ?)

or

get a cray computer

or

narrow your focus to what you really trade

or

use divdelta in market analyzer ( w all the symbols you want ) and open only one chart

this could still be slow

or

just add more memory ( 32G is cheap ) might need more processing power

For all indicators, as possible, choose in DATA window Calculate on bar close TRUE.

That particular CPU, you mentioned, by far not the best for markets computations.

Better will be a quad core CPU or any latest.

Here is website for comparison https://www.cpubenchmark.net/.

If you run more than 2 monitors on same CPU, watch performance of a video card, make sure it matching CPU speed.

Problems can be hidden with Internet speed, 8GB RAM is enough for startup.

Another limitation is possible if you using a laptop with that CPU, it is almost useless for that applications.

This is true for majority of platforms.

For all indicators, as possible, choose in DATA window Calculate on bar close TRUE.

That particular CPU, you mentioned, by far not the best for markets computations.

If you run more than 2 monitors on same CPU, watch performance of a video card, make sure it matching CPU speed.

Another limitation is possible if you using a laptop with that CPU, it is almost useless for that applications.

Hello.

What is your hardware recomendation to execute NT8/NT7?

Thanks

Ninja7 only uses one core so multiple cores won't help. Ninja is notorious for poor performance, lagging, freezing, crashing, etc. If you have a choice switch to another platform.

Are you running anti-virus software? GOMI? If so, set your computer to exclude this software from any scans. If you have more than one hard disc (not partitioned) then you can run Ninja on the second disc. Ensure you have nothing else running on your machine - use for trading only, no email, internet surfing, etc. Load as few days of data as possible. Run time rather tick charts, reduce number of workspaces.

hi there!

Lately I have been incorporating Ludvik Turek’s DivDelta indicator into my trading and I really like it.

There is one downside however. The charts load really really slow.

I have 3 workspaces with 8 charts each and the system doesnt really load the workspaces or it takes more than 5 minutes and it sometimes works sometimes dont and NT crashes.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY TO SPEED UP PERFORMANCE IN NT 7?

Or to solve this problem?

I have a intel I7 4500U with 8 GB of RAM running win 10 64bit

I appreciate any help! Thanks

Few things to do:

1. Primary drive where you install OS and NT7 should be an SSD

2. Increase the RAM to 16 GB (32 is not really required, but however check your usage now and upgrade to 16/32GB)

3. Dump Windows 10 and go to Windows 8.1 64 bit as you are having 4th Gen I7 4500U, this itself will speed up a lot (also disable updates, important updates install them manually)

4. Under performance settings -> adjust for best performance

5. Have simple theme, no flashy stuff.

6. Disable unnecessary processes running or which starts during bootup, basically optimize

thank you all for your useful posts!!!

I resolved the issue by optimizing windows for performance, uninstalling all unnecessary software, deleting some unused indicators and creating new workspaces with only maximum 6 windows in one workspace. now it works most of the time

"Reset database" in options, disable writing any chart data to disk, also gomi rcorder, increase chart update time for charts with longer timeframes to some seconds or more, calculate on bar close for indicators as already mentioned, disable virtualization and hyperthreading on CPU, only one workspace with one instrument pricefeed, maybe increase buffers and irq frequency on network card (not too shure about last one) Edited by k33

Sorry why you suggest W8.1 instead of W10 ?

As he said he is having 4th Gen I7 4500U and I have 4th Gen I7 as well and I have checked the performance of Win 8.1 Vs Win 10, though both works fine for normal usage, once you open multiple applications Win 10 kind of starts to slow down (on the old processors), hence I went back to Win 8.1, also I could control the running processes much easily there. Win 8.1 does not have much flashy stuff compared to Win 10 which helps as well. If one has latest Gen processors like 7th or 8th gen it is ok to be on Win 10 (also for latest components, it is tough to get drivers for Win 8.1 otherwise I would prefer Win 8.1 there also, it is kinda my preference, as I dont like flashy stuff, which helps in speeding up things, by keeping it optimized).

is this version educated?

and is it true that i cannot install office products on win 10 lite?

i use onenote for my trade journal...

thanks

also is this 64bit version?

https://sanet.st/blogs/appzshifter/windows_v_lite_edition_v_june_preactivated.2619759.html

and is it true that i cannot install office products on win 10 lite? this is a false issue you can install all Windows software

Edited by laser1000it

thanks so much laser!

will download and try my best to do a fresh reinstall. anybody by chance knows a good programm that downloads all the drivers for my notebook?

maybe this?

https://sanet.st/blogs/hotsoftwarev2/tweakbit_driver_updater_multilingual.2631185.html

Is better to download the drivers from your PC manufacturer's web site.