[SHARE] nCat Fibbs

Eric Nathan

You have seen how Jane uses the Fibs for her trading and how effective they can be.In her teaching posts, she already has an effective way she has to be able to read Fib levels,and using that and ATR to judge where her SL and TP points ought to be,not only for the ES but most other instruments too.

Here are two indicators from nCat for Fibs lovers.

https://www.ninjacators.com/

nCatSmartFibonacci for NT7

Here are free(no education needed) nCat indicators and it combines the The Fibonacci Lines/Levels and the Fibonacci Bands on your chart.

The Smart Fibonacci tool is very customisable according to your own preferences.If you are a heavy Fibs user in your trading, this will be an excellent tool in your arsenal.It will make all your custom preferences in Fibonacci calculation very convenient for you.If you have followed Jane's teachings in the past,then you will know how powerful and predictable Fibs analysis can be.

The Smart Fibonacci tool contains two indicators in one; The Fibonacci Lines and the Fibonacci Bands.

It makes using Fibonacci numbers easier than ever before by automatically drawing them directly on your chart.

Basically all Fibonacci Levels between the high and low of the session are potential support/resistance levels which potentially can become turning points

Please note that you can also set audio alerts for any of the Fibonacci levels. This can be extremely helpful when waiting for price to cross a specific Fibonacci level for an entry or exit point.

It is also possible to calculate the Fibonacci Bands from any time frame. The calculation for Fibonacci Bands is completely independent from the chart you’re viewing. For example, you could view a 60-minute chart, but calculate the Fibonacci Bands from a 10-minute chart if you wished. This can be done through the indicator settings menu.

You can also choose to calculate the Fibonacci Bands from any of 10 different moving averages to fit this indicator your market and your style of trading.

nCatFibonacci Confluence Indicator for NT7

The Fibonacci Confluence Indicator can be used on ANY period and any market. It automatically calculates Fibonacci Ratios of Swing points over multiple time periods. It will calculate and plot on intraday periods as well as on End of Day periods.

All calculations are based on the Fibonacci sequence starting at 1 but are weighted to the common used and know numbers 23.6, 38.2, 50.0, 61.8 and 76.4.

Pdf help manuals for both Smart Fibonacci and Fibonacci Confluence are included in their specific zips.

The indicators have been uploaded to Sendspace.

nCatFibbsPack.zip (1.61MB)

Extract the two NT7 compatible zips from nCatFibbsPack.zip and import as per normal.

Download Page Link

https://www.sendspace.com/file/bxcb1x

----------------------------------------------------

Hi Eric

Thank you so much for this wonderful enlightening thread.

I did try in the past to use automatic indicators to display fib but they all failed or were far less than the true thing which is- do the fib yourself lol.

In my humble opinion you should run your fibs yourself- and its so easy with ninja ( compared to other platforms ).

Just hit F8 for retracements or F9 for extensions and thats it.

I do my fibs separately on each of my time frames, it takes seconds .

The biggest problem with all the auto fibs is that sometimes- in specific situations its hard to tell where the pivot is- the software cannot identify yhe real pivot and it gives you a wrong fib which is very annoying and deceiving.

Again- fib alone will not do the trick- you have to look for trendlines sup res etc.

I will definitely check these new indicators and if i see an advantage i will post back.

take care and thanks again

jane

Hi Eric

Thank you so much for this wonderful enlightening thread.

I did try in the past to use automatic indicators to display fib but they all failed or were far less than the true thing which is- do the fib yourself lol.

In my humble opinion you should run your fibs yourself- and its so easy with ninja ( compared to other platforms ).

Just hit F8 for retracements or F9 for extensions and thats it.

I do my fibs separately on each of my time frames, it takes seconds .

The biggest problem with all the auto fibs is that sometimes- in specific situations its hard to tell where the pivot is- the software cannot identify yhe real pivot and it gives you a wrong fib which is very annoying and deceiving.

Again- fib alone will not do the trick- you have to look for trendlines sup res etc.

I will definitely check these new indicators and if i see an advantage i will post back.

take care and thanks again

jane

Well thank you Jane. Yes because of your experience, you are also able to DIY. Because of your extensive screen time with the

ES,it has become second nature for you and you are able to catch any possible mistakes or problems instinctively.

However not all newbies are as experienced as you,espescially with live trading during the market hours.And Mister Market can be very cruel and unforgiving.Zero Sum game and all.

So software like the nCat SmartFibs can help in the automatic drawing of lines and levels for the inexperienced trader.And as you said, it is only a help not a solution.Yes always better to be able to do the vitals yourself and know what you are doing, and why.And if a new trader wants to experiment with new lines and levels calculation,the way Jeff Greenblatt does in his book " Breakthrough Strategies for Predicting Any Market: Charting Elliott Wave, Lucas, Fibonacci and Time for Profit", then customisation is an easy thing with the SmartFibs indicator too

Experimentation is useful in Fibonacci level calculation, and with some screen time can work wonders. But,it eventually is like what you have said. Better to know what and why you are doing something on the charts and quite frankly for an experienced and seasoned trader like you,the FibsPack would seem like childsplay.

Take care and happy trading Jane!

Well thank you Jane. Yes because of your experience, you are also able to DIY. Because of your extensive screen time with the ES,it has become second nature for you and you are able to catch any possible mistakes or problems instinctively.However not all newbies are as experienced as you,espescially with live trading during the market hours.And Mister Market can be very cruel and unforgiving.Zero Sum game and all.So software like the nCat SmartFibs can help in the automatic drawing of lines and levels for the inexperienced trader.And as you said, it is only a help not a solution.Yes always better to be able to do the vitals yourself and know what you are doing, and why.And if a new trader wants to experiment with new lines and levels calculation,the way Jeff Greenblatt does in his book " Breakthrough Strategies for Predicting Any Market: Charting Elliott Wave, Lucas, Fibonacci and Time for Profit", then customisation is an easy thing with the SmartFibs indicator tooExperimentation is useful in Fibonacci level calculation, and with some screen time can work wonders. But,it eventually is like what you have said. Better to know what and why you are doing something on the charts and quite frankly for an experienced and seasoned trader like you,the FibsPack would seem like childsplay.Take care and happy trading Jane!
Interesting comments Eric. BTW do you happen to have the book Predicting Any Market: Charting Elliott Wave, Lucas, Fibonacci and Time for Profit by Jeff Goldblatt? I have not heard about it or read it before. Would be great to learn from it and the nCat software at the same time.Thanks mate.

Interesting comments Eric. BTW do you happen to have the book Predicting Any Market: Charting Elliott Wave, Lucas, Fibonacci and Time for Profit by Jeff Goldblatt? I have not heard about it or read it before. Would be great to learn from it and the nCat software at the same time.Thanks mate.

http://b-ok.org/book/833911/4347db

Cheers!

Mick

Here's the 2013 Second Edition...

http://b-ok.org/book/2357279/e47571

Edited by tryitagainmf

Osman now you can read the book,thanks to Mick. I can tell you the most memorable teaching that I learned from Goldblatt was "When price slices through the 61% Fib extension,it's going to reach at least,the 100% level." Hasn't always happened,but happens more often than not.

Another great line I heard from an E-waver of super high skill level (passed away like 15 yrs ago) was:

"The slow move corrects. The fast move is in the direction of the trend."

Sage advice.

BTW, EVERYONE on this website should THANK tryitagainmf immensely for pointing out that b-ok website. It is the absolute best place to explore next to archive dot org (okay, okay, YouTube is the obvious giant in this area as well...these other two are far less well-known to most)

[i have not forgotten/abandoned my promise to add to NinjaScript 101. It's more a matter of me pulling out important code pieces from other places I have and building them up within a fresh Strategy that can be easily followed or used as a template for your own creations. My goal is to give all of you a hand-up, not a hand-out in your own personal trading software adventures.]

Edited by lbf4223

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rcjvxp

here you go, take your pick

Thank you cornelis

I tested the indicators that you share, and i found that ncatBollingerMACDBreak is quite interesting to catch reversal trend or follow the trend

Here an exemple of follow the trend

trend.thumb.png.2f8f313832598cc3727c06e075366fbd.png

and here an exemple of revesal trend

conter-trade.thumb.png.c848d7dddd1c0644f679df5c65c97109.png

• 2 months later...