Tools

StefGrig

MetaTrader 4 (or MT4) is one of the most popular Forex trading applications. It provides charts, technical analysis, indicators, financial news, etc... Lots of brokers out there support this platform.

Most of them provide a custom version of the MetaTrader client application. Don't be suprised by the name of the software, that will nearly never be "MetaTrader" - it is called FXCast, ForexTrader.Meta, etc... Just have a look at the screenshots to see if it is MT4 or not. They will always look like this:

mt4.jpg

MetaTrader's main functionalities:

working with securities of Forex, Futures and CFD markets;

various execution technologies: Instant Execution, Request Execution, Market Execution;

confidentiality of all trading operations;

unlimited charts quantity;

support of various timeframes (from minutes up to months);

large number of technical indicators and line studies;

Experts, Custom Indicators and Scripts;

MultiLanguage program interface;

realtime data export via DDE protocol;

signals of system and trading actions;

getting on-line news from financial markets;

internal e-mail system;

printing charts and completed trading transactions statemets.

Editor: Metaquotes.

Price: Free.

Platform: M$ Windows*.

---- My Ambition is beyond My Knowledge ----

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Yes, I am also using Mt4 trading platform for doing my live trading. Although, I know there have also few more options but I am not interested on others. Besides, I get all kind modern technology based Mt4 application from ECN broker TradingBanks. So, I can enjoy my live trading with my manual trading style.

Leverage is considered as an important financial tool that allows an investor to grow his market exposure to a level that exceeds the initial investment. in my trading career, I have chosen Trade12 regulated trading broker due to having up to leverage 1:400 that I can use for all time including lowest trading spreads. by means of this high leverage, I can trade in a high lot in spite of having small balance.