suggestion needed to start intraday trading

mike83

for past 4 months i have collected so many edu indi's for almost all popular platforms but it seems only with NT small trader like me can start intra day trading because of free real time demo data.Some experts please advise some NT indis or strategy systems which gives buy/sell signals for intra day.the instrument i have picked to trade is CL . thanks.

Take this fwiw from someone who has been in the game for over twenty year.

Invest in screen time watching live data.

Your goal is to identify price behaviour (market participants psychology) that repeats constantly.

The best place for this is spot forex, where it can be seen on a daily basis.

Having identified these areas, you can then develop your own system to trade them.

This can be built around whatever indicator etc that resonates with the way you see the charts.

There is no right or wrong method - just what works for you, and what doesn't.

Just be sure to have a plan, written is best (and don't be afraid to modify it as you progress) that articulates exactly what your entry criteria will be and your trade management, which is paramount.

Lastly, don't forget to enjoy the journey. ATB

You are learning in the wrong way ( my 2 cents)

Fisrt forget start with daytrading, is the most worst place to start.

Second forget all indi and system.

Start to looking the chart alone.

Start demo and act in same way as real money.

Post here your result.

Any way good look

Sir

without any guidance/Materials/book if someone able to acquire knowledge than it will great wonder.

we have to look empty chart , a novice trader only extract OHLC value from empty chart

i wont think day trading as worst place to start . everyone falls on same edge . first we lose money next we learn our own trading methods . every trader will lose money at starting its quite common . later they learn and earn . risk what makes you wont hurt much . try ur own methods and take calculated risks .

You are learning in the wrong way ( my 2 cents)

Fisrt forget start with daytrading, is the most worst place to start.

Second forget all indi and system.

Start to looking the chart alone.

Start demo and act in same way as real money.

Post here your result.

Any way good look

Hi Mike83

Daytrading is nothing to sneeze at ,is very difficult extremely i might say the market manipulation is beasty !!

Sim trading is worthless If you do MANY lots/ period.../ once you place 1 lot on real money is not the same feeling as on sim trust me..If you sim do it with 1 LOT ONLY If you follow that rule you will be the closest to trading live FEELING.

You will need at least 4 to 5 years to learn price action as markets change everyday what i mean is price action behavior is sometimes unrecognizable

and with no logic whatsoever ...

What system should you use hmmm.. what type of trader are you ? a slow acting person or a high energy person ??

I suggest you become a member of futures.io theres a lot of material and systems that can give you a leap on trading time ..check journals and the trading indicators

availiable as a member can give you some training or find value in them ,you can modify them at your own comfort ,you can hire frelancers to modify them to suit your findings..

Try to find a system that focuses on realtime indicators look for divergence patterns with volume ,check all you have collected from indo and use indicators that can confluence

on catching turns...

I have concentrated a little of my knowledge over time to tell you my truth to you and whoever reads this post.

If you are not willing to accept that 4000 to 5000 hours of screen real-time (not replay as replay is way diffrent animal than live) i suggest you go swing trading stock options ..

Is not simpler but at least dont have to go to the Roller-Coaster-Sniper-type of trader with a 10 tick stop needed to be a daytrader..

//just my 2 cents //

Mike,

There is a forum on ForexFactory dot com with a simple system that I have looked at over quite a few futures contracts (NQ, YM, RTY, EMD, GC, CL, NG) on the 1 min and 5 tick range charts. You'll miss a lot of good moves but it does appear to set you up for higher win rate moves (60-70%) when it triggers which, I think, is something that a newer trader can stomach more easily (1x-2x reward payout vs risk). I guess I'm like TraderBeauty here in that it doesn't hurt to keep an eye out for something else that might work well. I'll probably keep hand-checking it for another month and see if I can put together something in BloodHound for others to try.

Anyway, go over there and read the forum, see the examples, setup your charts and see what happens in hand-checking historical and real-time. It's pretty brain dead but with a little patience / caution around S/R and a signal trying to break through it. The "awesome oscillator" is just a standard MACD choosing median price (H+L / 2) instead of closing price. The Ichimoku indicator is floating around these boards somewhere.

Honestly, I thought this one was going to be yet another immediate dud, but those 2 indicators working together: Awesome oscillator crosses zero line (up for long, down for short...(duh)). That triggers first than watch for price close through 1 side of the Ichimoku "cloud" or the other and off you go if you're not immediately banging into a S/R. Seems you don't jump on it if the cloud break is first. The AO has to cross whether it's first or second on this 2-triggers list.

Here's the forum. The moderator (rockypoint) is a nice guy, retired in some resort area in Mexico called RockyPoint. It's a chill thread with lots of examples.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=583609

Disclaimer: I have zero love of oscillators. They take my mind off of the price action. So if something isn't directly on the chart to see it working with price bars, it's not really my thing. But like I said, I was biased to immediately dislike what these guys were doing, but I haven't been able to disprove to myself (yet) that it's a losing system.

Best wishes Mike in whatever you decide. The folks are right here. Screen time pays off. I think most fail because they run out of money before they get enough time in, not because they're not smart enough or can't learn to be disciplined in managing their risk / reward. Well, they also run out of money because they won't stop trading a losing system, having failed to do enough due diligence to prove there's a reasonable chance of success.

[Personally, I wouldn't touch Forex. But that doesn't mean that crowd can't find a trick or two that works well across anything which is why I monitor Forex Factory's forums. Futures contracts are regulated, tight bid/ask spreads, cheap trans fees and better volatility on a regular basis than currency pairs. No contest.]

Edited by lbf4223

Addendum to #11:

There's an original thread where rockypoint picked up on this system. I would just read through his particular charts and comments in this very short thread (18 pages):

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=575292

He explains the 3 things he looks for in post #131 on this page. He emphasizes here the price action is still #1 in your decision-making process to take or skip the trade.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=575292&page=7

Mike, hope this helps to give you something tangible that you're looking for. Price action with this is about as basic as it gets. Whatever you decide to do, you never need more than 2-3 reasons to take a trade.

I'm not big into automated backtesting. I hand-test on the last 3 months across about 5 futures markets and then take up to 1-2 months forward-testing (live market, follow entries without money on the line).

Edited by lbf4223