Advanced Get question please - version that reads ascii intraday data?

shawnh

Thank you Sixer, yes this is the exact version I have installed now (v1.1 for TS2000i, Build 120). I cannot see where to open an ascii file however. Clicking on "New Chart" brings up a window to let me select an existing symbol. but there are no symbols to choose from and I don't see anywhere how to add a new symbol, or specify a folder to read files from.

Thanks!

Shawn

P.S: I have already tried v9.1 EOD Dashboard edition, but it would only read in End-of-Day data - no facility to specify the "time" field for intraday data :-(

What are plain ascii intraday data ? The AGET for TS2000i can read the Tradestation intraday format only.

Check this info for more information:

http://www.inditraders.com/tradestation/267-intraday-data-import-tradestation.html

Here is a tutorial from one of our members where MT4 data will be used:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kalqxx

Sixer

Well, I'll explain a little more what I'm trying to do Sixer. Right now I have Wave59 running and using my IB datafeed. In Wave59 there is a function "Output Chart to Ascii" that writes my S&P intraday charts O-H-L-C data for the last 4 or 5 days to a file on disk... and it updates it every bar (3 minutes). I also have MTPredictor running at the same time, to read this ascii file of S&P data, I simply have to manually refresh in MTP - works good. I am trying to get a version of Advanced GET that behave in this way too - so it could read this file of ascii S&P intraday data that Wave59 writes to disk.

Advanced GET 9.1 EOD version is so close to be able to doing this, but it can't be configured to read data files with both "Date" and "Time" fields in it... only Date, O, H, L, C, V. At least I can't figure it out anyway....

Thanks!

Shawn

I have expected this description of your problem - each platform uses ists own intraday format.

You must check first which Date and Time Format the data have you. Here are the possible variants of both:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3gcthx

2nd you must detect which Date and Time format can be read from the ADGET version you want to use.

The only solution i see is that you use a "conversion tool".

Sixer

Thanks Sixer, but the EOD versions of Advanced Get just won't read the "Time" field of my data files, regardless of what the rest of the dats's format looks like... and the Real-Time versions can't seem to be directly configured to read in ascii files on disk (unless I want to go through all that TS 2000i Data Manager/Owndata ordeal, which is messy).

So I don't see what difference really a formatting conversion tool would make.

Thanks

Shawn