Raptor 2.0

cornelis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope that everyone here would think there's a basic dishonesty about selling a trading system methodology which uses 3 moving averages and then go about pretending that there's something proprietary in telling you exactly which moving averages they're using to make up their charts.

I saw their vids. Looks like they are LATE in getting in most of the time. Hey, virtually everyone wins betting on the right direction when it's a runaway market to the upside or downside, right? THAT'S WHY these vendors want to show you such charts. On the bad days, they try to act like taking $350 heat on the ES to make half that is a necessary thing and "trust the system". They're not unintelligent. THEY AREN'T TRADING WHAT THEY'RE SELLING. They are selling you an illusion of something that looks like it's profitable and making 100% risk-free profits off of real wannabe traders. Again, if you create a winning trading system on your own, you aren't going to go around selling it. You would trade it and anonymously make millions over time because you can scale up and up and eventually automate it to trade multiple markets.

You know what works? YOU figuring out where decision points are made which tend to induce greater volatility AWAY from where you're deciding to enter the market. That means that you know AHEAD OF TIME where you want to enter and so you take your risk at your price, long or short without constantly questioning yourself before that moment of decision occurs. If price doesn't support your decision in fairly short order, YOU GET OUT QUICKLY BECAUSE YOU ARE WILLING TO RECOGNIZE YOU ARE WRONG. If all those charts you researched and practiced on don't show a bunch of heat to take then neither should your live market entries. This is how you can be right only 30%-60% of the time and have a long-term positive expectancy (aka, a winning system) in your trading.

That's why trading is hard. It wears on your emotions if you're not comfortable with picking a price to get in WITHOUT worrying about too many reasons to make you feel emotionally better about taking the trade. YOU ONLY NEED 1 OR 2 REASONs TO TAKE A TRADE. The more reasons you need then the farther price is going to go from the ideal entry you should have taken but you didn't because you "didn't feel sure of yourself yet". That space between initial discomfort in accepting the unknown outcome of any 1 trade and the point at which your emotions will accept the risk of actually taking the trade is a slippage that you simply cannot afford to lose over 100's of trades.

Virtually all vendors are fake. They're virtually all scams. They don't trade for a living. They sell you junk for a living, using their cult of personality to convince you of something your common sense should have protected you against. The reason all of their systems are junk is because they are absolutely terrible at adjusting to different market conditions. They can't tell you how to change your risk / reward objectives or recognize which patterns of price action are going to have higher odds of working well.

Find out points on the chart where S/R should hold or where volatility should pick up very fast (note: this will not be in a technically overbought/oversold area in your timeframe) and just take the position, don't wait for price to prove that you're right by running behind the train and then you chase it to get into the trade. The safe place is taking the S/R or volatility pivot point without question and then getting out quickly if you're wrong. If you picked a good place, you won't get much heat and it's OKAY to get faked out because every possible combination of good things and bad things can and will happen to you in the market if you trade long enough. I promise you.

I think the most value I've gotten from this website is to see others trying different systems and never seeing them come back, confirm what the vendors are pitching, jumping up and down at how successful they are because one of them actually worked and it's like printing their own money every day. Because when you are (finally) successful at day trading, that's what it feels like: you can't believe that you are doing so little every day to make so much. There's no such thing as "working harder" to make more money. The only thing hard about making more money out of your trading is increasing the amount of money you're willing to lose and then that gets into a person's emotional make-up. Some people can be really good at making an annual gain in the market up to a certain level and then they can't go higher because their emotions won't let them. Money in trading, gained or loss, has real-life implications in the present and future, depending up on your age bracket, so being paranoid about your biggest loss always being in your future is a healthy paranoia to have and respect.

Anyway, that's my last babble about trading vendors and what I think of them. I value everyone's privacy here not to divulge how successful or not they currently are in their trading efforts. But there is a simple truth in all of this. Successful traders just trade. Then they go about their lives doing other things when they're not trading. Successful means self-sufficient. It doesn't mean you're necessarily going to make $1000's of dollars on a daily basis or 10's of $1000's as your account grows. Taking larger and larger risk per trade is a personal psychological/emotional problem when you're good at being self-sufficient from trading, not a purely technical problem. Successful traders tend to have no desire to brag or prove how successful they are to doubting on-lookers or try to make less successful traders feel bad. There's simply no point. It's all too wasteful of unhealthy, emotional energy.

One last thing about volatility. Everyone has their level of comfort concerning volatility. For example, last year, the NQ and YM e-minis had the level of volatility I liked. Now, they are way too fast for me to trade and maintain emotional comfort. So, instead, I looked over at the RTY (the CME's Russel 2K e-mini). It's trending very nicely but much, much slower by comparison and not a lot of noisy pullbacks. It has nothing to do with contract size. I could trade 1 contract on the NQ, widen my stops, and I would still feel sick to my stomach at the speed at which it is moving. It has to do more with a feel of volatility you enjoy timing up your actions with. Trading needs to be fun. It needs to be a passion. Every mistake you make takes money out of your account. If you aren't having fun on one trading instrument, then change it up. There's always going to be a different futures contract out there which matches up with your speed and risk tolerances. THAT keeps THE FUN in your trading. It keeps you going through good and bad times. Change, when needed, keeps you fresh.

Edited by lbf4223

I would hope that everyone here would think there's a basic dishonesty about selling a trading system methodology which uses 3 moving averages and then go about pretending that there's something proprietary in telling you exactly which moving averages they're using to make up their charts.

I saw their vids. Looks like they are LATE in getting in most of the time. Hey, virtually everyone wins betting on the right direction when it's a runaway market to the upside or downside, right? THAT'S WHY these vendors want to show you such charts. On the bad days, they try to act like taking $350 heat on the ES to make half that is a necessary thing and "trust the system". They're not unintelligent. THEY AREN'T TRADING WHAT THEY'RE SELLING. They are selling you an illusion of something that looks like it's profitable and making 100% risk-free profits off of real wannabe traders. Again, if you create a winning trading system on your own, you aren't going to go around selling it. You would trade it and anonymously make millions over time because you can scale up and up and eventually automate it to trade multiple markets.

You know what works? YOU figuring out where decision points are made which tend to induce greater volatility AWAY from where you're deciding to enter the market. That means that you know AHEAD OF TIME where you want to enter and so you take your risk at your price, long or short without constantly questioning yourself before that moment of decision occurs. If price doesn't support your decision in fairly short order, YOU GET OUT QUICKLY BECAUSE YOU ARE WILLING TO RECOGNIZE YOU ARE WRONG. If all those charts you researched and practiced on don't show a bunch of heat to take then neither should your live market entries. This is how you can be right only 30%-60% of the time and have a long-term positive expectancy (aka, a winning system) in your trading.

That's why trading is hard. It wears on your emotions if you're not comfortable with picking a price to get in WITHOUT worrying about too many reasons to make you feel emotionally better about taking the trade. YOU ONLY NEED 1 OR 2 REASONs TO TAKE A TRADE. The more reasons you need then the farther price is going to go from the ideal entry you should have taken but you didn't because you "didn't feel sure of yourself yet". That space between initial discomfort in accepting the unknown outcome of any 1 trade and the point at which your emotions will accept the risk of actually taking the trade is a slippage that you simply cannot afford to lose over 100's of trades.

Virtually all vendors are fake. They're virtually all scams. They don't trade for a living. They sell you junk for a living, using their cult of personality to convince you of something your common sense should have protected you against. The reason all of their systems are junk is because they are absolutely terrible at adjusting to different market conditions. They can't tell you how to change your risk / reward objectives or recognize which patterns of price action are going to have higher odds of working well.

Find out points on the chart where S/R should hold or where volatility should pick up very fast (note: this will not be in a technically overbought/oversold area in your timeframe) and just take the position, don't wait for price to prove that you're right by running behind the train and then you chase it to get into the trade. The safe place is taking the S/R or volatility pivot point without question and then getting out quickly if you're wrong. If you picked a good place, you won't get much heat and it's OKAY to get faked out because every possible combination of good things and bad things can and will happen to you in the market if you trade long enough. I promise you.

I think the most value I've gotten from this website is to see others trying different systems and never seeing them come back, confirm what the vendors are pitching, jumping up and down at how successful they are because one of them actually worked and it's like printing their own money every day. Because when you are (finally) successful at day trading, that's what it feels like: you can't believe that you are doing so little every day to make so much. There's no such thing as "working harder" to make more money. The only thing hard about making more money out of your trading is increasing the amount of money you're willing to lose and then that gets into a person's emotional make-up. Some people can be really good at making an annual gain in the market up to a certain level and then they can't go higher because their emotions won't let them. Money in trading, gained or loss, has real-life implications in the present and future, depending up on your age bracket, so being paranoid about your biggest loss always being in your future is a healthy paranoia to have and respect.

Anyway, that's my last babble about trading vendors and what I think of them. I value everyone's privacy here not to divulge how successful or not they currently are in their trading efforts. But there is a simple truth in all of this. Successful traders just trade. Then they go about their lives doing other things when they're not trading. Successful means self-sufficient. It doesn't mean you're necessarily going to make $1000's of dollars on a daily basis or 10's of $1000's as your account grows. Taking larger and larger risk per trade is a personal psychological/emotional problem when you're good at being self-sufficient from trading, not a purely technical problem. Successful traders tend to have no desire to brag or prove how successful they are to doubting on-lookers or try to make less successful traders feel bad. There's simply no point. It's all too wasteful of unhealthy, emotional energy.

One last thing about volatility. Everyone has their level of comfort concerning volatility. For example, last year, the NQ and YM e-minis had the level of volatility I liked. Now, they are way too fast for me to trade and maintain emotional comfort. So, instead, I looked over at the RTY (the CME's Russel 2K e-mini). It's trending very nicely but much, much slower by comparison and not a lot of noisy pullbacks. It has nothing to do with contract size. I could trade 1 contract on the NQ, widen my stops, and I would still feel sick to my stomach at the speed at which it is moving. It has to do more with a feel of volatility you enjoy timing up your actions with. Trading needs to be fun. It needs to be a passion. Every mistake you make takes money out of your account. If you aren't having fun on one trading instrument, then change it up. There's always going to be a different futures contract out there which matches up with your speed and risk tolerances. THAT keeps THE FUN in your trading. It keeps you going through good and bad times. Change, when needed, keeps you fresh.

@lbf4223, what time frame are you using for the Russell? It still seems a bit jumpy to me but better than it was when it was $10/tick. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...