Delta information: how to capture as input for another indicator?

How can I capture Delta information (e.g. from ACME Volume Impression or similar solution) and use that as input for another indicator that can plot the Delta information in a different way (e.g. as line with slope changes from ColorInputSeriesSlopeChanges)?

I can use many other indicators and catch their input for the ColorInputSeriesSlopeChanges indicator, but have not been able to do so for the Delta information.

I would like to see the Delta information in a different way. If the Delta on bar 1 is +45 and on the next bar +30, then I would like to see that as a colored falling slope line. The ColorInputSeriesSlopeChanges does this.

I will include the mentioned ACME Volume Impression and ColorInputSeriesSlopeChanges indicators. All credits go to the original uploaders of these indicators.

PS: I am not sticked to ACME for the Delta information.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zt0yj3 ACME Volume Impression

https://www.sendspace.com/file/m13842 ColorInputSeriesSlopeChanges

Edited by profile

Hi Profile,

When you are setting up your indicator, Ninja allows you to configure the output of an indicator as the input for another one.

Is hard for me to explain it with text, right now i am not in from of my trading computer...

If you want we can arrange a conference by skype / Teamviewer to execute some experiments...

Please send me a PM so we can arrange it.

Kind regards

Marcus70s07. I use the ACME to display the delta information. But ACME does not allow me to use the delta info as output to another indicator. Also when building strategy I can not select the delta field I need. Some Ninja indicators are "closed" and it isi not possible to use their data as input for another indicator or strategy. I know how to configure the output of an indicator as input for another one.

My question comes down to : Which software package should I use that allows me to use the Delta information as input to another indicator? I am not bound to ACME and can use other packages as well. But which package should I use that allows me to use the delta information as input to another indicator or strategy?

Marcus70s07. ...

My question comes down to : Which software package should I use that allows me to use the Delta information as input to another indicator? I am not bound to ACME and can use other packages as well. But which package should I use that allows me to use the delta information as input to another indicator or strategy?

Why don't you try the free GomCD? ;)

@marcus - Can you pls explain how did u do this... i m not getting it right

pls chk the image - candles are missing

http://i.imgur.com/liQGx9J.jpg

Yep !! GomCD Works fine for this tasks. Take a look at this example... http://screencast.com/t/UqyYRbjP

I used gomCD as input to a SMA...

I didnt know that ACME indis does not allow to do it. Sorry for misunderstanding. :)

Edited by goi

Admis: As I understand the GOM requires recording data from the datafeed to create the GOMCD. I can not keep my PC up and running all day. Other solutions like ACME do not require this user's recording of data on your PC to create GOMCD.

Sixer: If I could do the extrapolar, then I could also crack the ACME software and make the internal used data available to be used in other indicators or strategy. But I do not have that skill.

Admis: As I understand the GOM requires recording data from the datafeed to create the GOMCD. I can not keep my PC up and running all day. Other solutions like ACME do not require this user's recording of data on your PC to create GOMCD.

Not necessary. It depends on your choice.

Parameters:

Delta:Calculation mode = UpDownTickWithContinuation [BidAsk]

Rec:Format = NinjaTickFile [Binary]

You might want to know the difference...

https://futures.io/wiki/trading-wiki/Gom-User-Manual

Calculation Mode

* BidAsk : if (tick >= ask) the volume is buying ; if (tick <= bid) the volume is selling

* UpDownTick : if (tick > previous tick) volume is buying ; if (tick < previous) tick volume is selling

* UpDownTickWithConinuation : if (tick > previous tick) volume is buying and any further volume@tick is buying ; if (tick < previous)tick volume is selling and any further volume@tick is selling

Delta Calculation

* CumulativeChart : Delta values are summed bar after bar

* NonCumulativeChart : Delta is reset on the beginning of each bar.

it would be great if someone can help me out with mising candles.

thanks.

As I already wrote - set the correct parameters:

if Rec:Format=NinjaTickFile then Delta:Calculation mode = UpDownTickWithContinuation

if Rec:Format = Binary then Delta:Calculation mode = BidAsk

On your chart:

Rec:Format=NinjaTickFile and Delta:Calculation mode = BidAsk (what is wrong)

• 5 months later...
As I already wrote - set the correct parameters:

if Rec:Format=NinjaTickFile then Delta:Calculation mode = UpDownTickWithContinuation

if Rec:Format = Binary then Delta:Calculation mode = BidAsk

On your chart:

Rec:Format=NinjaTickFile and Delta:Calculation mode = BidAsk (what is wrong)

Dear Admis,

I following Query Regarding GomCDHA:

GomCDHA plots C.Delta in Heiken Ashi candle format. In my given Template I have to Keep given scrip open for whole day to capture CD in HA.

What I want is I want to Add GomCDHA in Market Analyzer as seperate indicator and record Commulative Delta of all the scrips I have.

1 More Query:

When Next day I open scrip then whole GomCDHA is erased. New day New bigning.

I have opted: Ninjatickfile for Recording format

Plz help