Any options for NT7 datafeed for NSE India

goi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also struggled to get RTD working, most issues relate to very trivial column order settings or a required column missing.

Follow the videos to every itsy-bitsy minor detail & it will work - it is always lack of attention to MINOR details that causes problem. (the installation IMO should be made more intuitive, but since it is a one time struggle, i believe no one bothers much). But once done, it's more stable in my experience with both. Backfill again is not intuitive, so needs a bit of tinkering around to figure out & get right.

The biggest factor to consider is that NestGoesNT WAS owner developed & development has been permanently discontinued. Any Nest Trader updates by your broker (and they are pretty frequent) will force you to again go searching for another option.

RTD, being open source on Github, is being actively developed by the community, discussed and supported on the forum it has been released in. Any installation issues, or modifications required on account of changes to Nest Terminal are immediately highlighted and resolved. As the code is open source, if you have some C++ skills you can further tweak the app to your liking.

If support is discontinued (very unlikely), since the code is openly available any C++ programmer can (at a very low cost) make the necessary changes to adapt to the Nest Trader Terminal changes. Since it's user base is very large, am sure someone will fix it to keep it up & running. I plan to make the app, especially the the backfill more intuitive & straight forward when time permits & will share it whenever done. Good Luck

(Disclaimer: I am only an ordinary user, and have no reason whatsoever to promote it's use)

Edited by zoheb

You need to ensure that the required symbols in the NestGoesNinja settings are selected (will need to do this every time a contract expires). They may be listed in the settings, but they need to have a check mark next to them.

Also make sure that all the required symbols can be seen in the market watch & does not require scrolling (you may have more symbols than market watch window height).

Good Luck !

Edited by zoheb

Getting RTD Up & running for feeding quote data from Nest/Now to Ninja Trader

Have created a new post for other users to find this how-to more easily. Please refer to it for setup help, and post any queries there to keep it updated. Thank you.

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/27900-Getting-RTD-Up-amp-running-for-feeding-quote-data-from-Nest-Now-to-Ninja-Trader?p=425913&viewfull=1#post425913

Edited by zoheb

Is backfill working for you guys? I am trying to get the backfill, but it goes to status "wait" and gets stuck there and after a while I see that it goes to "timeout" and fails. Is backfill working for you folks?

Backfill works in NestGoesNinja, but is not very stable, times out very often. Backfill on RTD is more stable, but not very intuitive to use

Is backfill working for you guys? I am trying to get the backfill, but it goes to status "wait" and gets stuck there and after a while I see that it goes to "timeout" and fails. Is backfill working for you folks?

Also, for intraday backfill I see the error as "setError", can someone pls check and confirm if it is working on your end, also for backfill, what is the version that you need to choose for this, 3.11/3.10 and 1.7/1.4? I tried all the combinations but not successful :(

Zoheb, Will give a try to RTD if this does not work :) Will use the tutorials that you have put up here and set it up, if this does not work.

NestGoesNinja development has been permanently discontinued, and there will be no new updates. This (last) version of NestGoesNinja can stop working when your broker updates the version of Nest/NestPlus/Now terminal he has provided.

To test, you can actually have both running at the same time and then decide to keep the one that works for you and stop using the other ;). I tested it running simultaneously for a week, a few symbols on NestGoesNinja and a different few on RTD, both feeding into a common instance of Ninja Trader.

If you find backfilling (much more stable) as suggested in my how-to convenient, then i don't really think you will want to struggle to fix NestGoesNinja. Good luck !

Edited by zoheb

Were edu files goes ?????

Incase you are asking about NestGoesNinja edu file, it should be dropped into the folder where you installed NestGoesNinja (replacing the original). The lic file can also be placed in the same folder with the edu and may need to be selected from inside the application (top-right) as required in the paid version.

RTD is freeware (open source) & does not require any edu :)

Incase you are asking about NestGoesNinja edu file, it should be dropped into the folder where you installed NestGoesNinja (replacing the original). The lic file can also be placed in the same folder with the edu and may need to be selected from inside the application (top-right) as required in the paid version.

RTD is freeware (open source) & does not require any edu :)

Thanks for respond. So its goes to program files . and what next ? How do I connect to free data . ???

Most of functions are gray out

http://i63.tinypic.com/2ce455s.jpg

Edited by vit007

Thanks for respond. So its goes to program files . and what next ? How do I connect to free data . ???

Most of functions are gray out

http://i63.tinypic.com/2ce455s.jpg

Try this how-to for NestGoesNinja:

Incase you need help with RTD, feel free to ask if you run into any problems while trying the steps detailed in my how-to on RTD here:

Edited by zoheb

RT data from terminal comes from terminal to NT, but backfill, both plus (for history) and intraday (I see parse error) is not working for me :(

Are you using RTD or NestGoesNinja? For NestGoesNinja, check the new how-to for it.

Incase you are using RTD, check the following:

• Is NestPlus connected ? From the Menu above, Go to Nest Plus > My Nest Plus Account > Launch Plus. Should show you your Nest Plus version number with an OK button.
  • NestPlus Data Table columns. Are any cols missing (count and see)
  • Are the NestPlus data table columns in the same order as instructed in the video ? Please check again with extreme care & attention, this is mostly the issue
  • Did you try to make any changes from within RTD Backfill settings ? You should not.

Edited by zoheb

Glad to help :). Were you finally able to get live quotes into your amibroker charts ?

No, I haven't tried yet but would eager to follow your guide during the weekend when i have time. Just for educating myself as I indeed don't know anything about the indian market and I don't trade it. BTW, could you share the github link to RTD? Thanks in advance! :-)

RT data from terminal comes from terminal to NT, but backfill, both plus (for history) and intraday (I see parse error) is not working for me :(

I am also getting same error for backfill. Is anyone able to backfill successfully then plz explain the procedure.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Master,

Please consider this request to educate NestGoesNT 0.94 version as it helps us to get the volume

in lots which will be very beneficial while using OFA tools..

Its been quite difficult for us to use OFA software in ver 0.92 for trading Indian stocks when

volume is displayed in Units..

http://i.imgur.com/t7BREMy.png

Here is

NestGoesNT v0.94 : https://www.sendspace.com/file/pesuqt

Pinto v94 : https://www.sendspace.com/file/mfusxl

(Pinto is similar to NestGoesNT. It feeds data from trading terminal PI)

I request my fellow traders/members trading Indian stocks to put forward their opinion if they find this

software worthfull to be educated. If I am the lone person to find it useful, I apologize for putting

across this request Master..

Thanks,

Guys, with all the respect, you should understand, that such projects are very time consuming. The more, for me, this task is particularly difficult, as I have no chance to test it in practice. I did the previous version for Santoshv2k, who asked me continually (for a few months) to do that. I'm sorry, but at present, I don't have enough free time to spend on that.

@zoheb: I'd be happy to read your comment about this release.

Guys, with all the respect, you should understand, that such projects are very time consuming. The more, for me, this task is particularly difficult, as I have no chance to test it in practice. I did the previous version for Santoshv2k, who asked me continually (for a few months) to do that. I'm sorry, but at present, I don't have enough free time to spend on that.

@zoheb: I'd be happy to read your comment about this release.

@admis: I have previously shared that since NestGoesNT development has been permanently discontinued, the current available version has a life only till Nest & NestPlus does not go through any major upgrade. Indian brokers constantly keep adding updates and it's just a matter of time when this app will be dead.

However, am not sure if RTD has the functionality to convert volume into contracts. I have used it for OrderFlow with both Acme & GZT, but it's been a while since I have used it now. Will fire up an instance if time permits & check in a day or so to confirm. I can leave the instance running for you admis if you want to test any edu for this.

Meanwhile anyone who uses RTD may please respond too.

Except for the big candle issue with OrderFlow, IMO it is better to use RTD which is open source & being actively developed & debugged.

I have posted 2 elaborate tutorials detailing how both of these can be used:

Edited by zoheb

Master.. Thanks for your response and I would certainly not prefer this to be educated if it is very time consuming.. I am really thankful to you for providing us educated v0.92 which I am happily working with..

@zoheb

I completely agree with you and I feel RTD is better than NestGoesNT excluding the difficulties we face sometimes when trying to backfill.. It is smoother and simple.. If volume conversion from Unit to Lots is implemented in RTD, it would be very useful as a Ninjatrader user so the volume candle size would be reduced when using OFA tools..