{REQ} Trading123 Autotrader

fxknight

If you look at this guys CL charts posted for the 8/5/2016 and 8/3/2016 you can see something rather odd - same chart time frame yet different trades taken = he is cherry picking = dishonest IMO

He says different strategies are used = meaning he runs many and only posts when they show a good trade and doesn't post all his total trades = dishonest IMO

Edited by Bill A

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much watson. Looks like lots of Market Replay and forward testing, including walk forward optimization and experimentation is in store. But of course we always have to bear in mind the subtle nuances in differences and discrepancies between them all as they each handle data differently.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/?discrepancies_real_time_vs_bac.htm

http://www.screencast.com/users/Trading123/folders/AutoTrader%20V4

The password is: clients123

Very happy to also find the Market Cycle indicator is also there.

Thanks again watson!

How to setup and run the autotrader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLzW2lfBN3Y

Edited by stevemoore

stevie Patrick says it's possible to trade using the Market Cycle indicators with the Trading123 autotrader itself in his screencast video.OK so it may be possible but is it feasible? Thanks!

What he doesn't say is that the "market cycle indi" is a repainter - watch it live and you will see it repainting.... sad but true

Has anyone come across the Strategy custom settings to trade the CL, NQ, ES etc? He talks about them in the video but I could not locate any strategies preset info.. So far doing a Market Replay on NQ 09-16 from 08-08 trading 9:30-12:00 and 13:00-15:30PM with 1 contract SL=15 and TP=8 is a big loser every day (rest defaults). I expected that he selectively turns on and off the strategy and only shows the successful trades so I am not surprised. If it actually make a profit I would have been pleasantly surprised. It is very very similar to the BPT Autotrader which is posted in this forum. Will continue testing for whatever it is worth.

It's just a basic volatility breakout system, so probably restrict your testing to the first 60/90 mins of a session of whatever futures contract you want. You should start to see a pattern of avg and maximum acceptable win/loss amounts. If you can't consistently make money in any futures contract upon the first 90 mins of each trading session, that's a BAD SIGN you ever will because volatility thrives on confusion and market openings are plentiful in that.

I've mentioned this to Jane and it bears repeating. If you're looking at the e-minis, the thinly traded (aka no "big boy games" played in that contract) midcap 400 futures (EMD) will MOVE with less initial fake-outs than the ES, YM or NQ in a correlated trend attempt of the major indices. If the EMD is choppy in the first 30 mins, chances are high you'll get chopped WORSE in the other 3. In other words, the RANGE of chop in the EMD is far easier to detect by the human eye and it will be more narrow, because again, the big money isn't interested in manipulating the EMD from a day trader's real-time perspective.

Edited by lbf4223

Hi Steve

I also think there is a great use of WFA here..

do you know if is possible with NT optimize the window-time as, if i'mnot wrong,it's avaiable in amibroker ?

Yes shrike Walk Forward Analysis is vital in maintaining any profitable strategy for the long term but it is mainly done by professional coders who know how to take care they don't allow curve fitting, and also not to use too many variables and parameters that can lead to overfitting. When you say "optimize the window-time" do you mean the window time frame? I am not too familar with the Amibroker platform but NT7 lets you optimize the window time frame in

Strategy Analyzer.You can optimize the time frame with customised session templates.I can only repeat what Ninjatrader support Chris J says about that here

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/?using_the_session_manager.htm

On how to customise session templates read here

Btw, are you an Amibroker user? I may have an indicator for you.

*Shrike,I have uploaded an Amibroker Prediction Cycle Plugin indicator for you here

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/27713-Prediction-Cycle-Plugin-for-32-bit-Amibroker

Cheers,:)

Edited by stevemoore

stevie Patrick says it's possible to trade using the Market Cycle indicators with the Trading123 autotrader itself in his screencast video.OK so it may be possible but is it feasible? Thanks!

Feasible? Quite frankly I don't see why not? Just a few caveats though. He says in his video that the Market Cycle indicators do print in real time before the candle closes,but at other times in the video he says quite clearly that they DO repaint.This is what frustrates me about this fella. Very inconsistent at times when you want consistency.Just keep in mind that the solution he provides does seem to work relatively well.He says that when you see a pivot print,then wait for the same second candle bar color to print and close first , and if it's the expected color, then you will know it's a correct prediction and you can make the trade.So essentially you have wasted 2 bars to enter the trend

For example if you see HL print,don't trade yet, just wait to see a consecutive green/blue candle open and close then put a Long Market order in.

So you see there's a lot of experimentation before you can depend on it's reliability.

Also please listen and watch carefully his video of the MC indicator and how to trade it with his autotrader and also read his site page on the MC and if you are going to trade the MC only,make sure you turn off Strategy On and remember your Combine's daily max drawdown is 1K.

His other advice is "Go long/short at the high/low of the signal bar,depending on the pivot.Also rather than the ES,try the YM for longer trends.

Market Cycle Indicator - Trading123's library.mp4 (11.46MB)

Download Page Link

https://www.sendspace.com/file/l74gk1

and here's his page about the MC

http://trading123.net/market-cycle/

Before you start your combine 10 day trial do some SIM testing at market hours first mate.

Yes shrike Walk Forward Analysis is vital in maintaining any profitable strategy for the long term but it is mainly done by professional coders who know how to take care they don't allow curve fitting, and also not to use too many variables and parameters that can lead to overfitting. When you say "optimize the window-time" do you mean the window time frame? I am not too familar with the Amibroker platform but NT7 lets you optimize the window time frame in

Strategy Analyzer.You can optimize the time frame with customised session templates.I can only repeat what Ninjatrader support Chris J says about that here

On how to customise session templates read here

Btw, are you an Amibroker user? I may have an indicator for you.

*Shrike,I have uploaded an Amibroker Prediction Cycle Plugin indicator for you here

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/27713-Prediction-Cycle-Plugin-for-32-bit-Amibroker

The NT Strategy Analyzer is useless. It provides false results so don't waste 1 second of your time on it. Instead only use Market Replay.

It's just a basic volatility breakout system, so probably restrict your testing to the first 60/90 mins of a session of whatever futures contract you want. You should start to see a pattern of avg and maximum acceptable win/loss amounts. If you can't consistently make money in any futures contract upon the first 90 mins of each trading session, that's a BAD SIGN you ever will because volatility thrives on confusion and market openings are plentiful in that.

I've mentioned this to Jane and it bears repeating. If you're looking at the e-minis, the thinly traded (aka no "big boy games" played in that contract) midcap 400 futures (EMD) will MOVE with less initial fake-outs than the ES, YM or NQ in a correlated trend attempt of the major indices. If the EMD is choppy in the first 30 mins, chances are high you'll get chopped WORSE in the other 3. In other words, the RANGE of chop in the EMD is far easier to detect by the human eye and it will be more narrow, because again, the big money isn't interested in manipulating the EMD from a day trader's real-time perspective.

We should try it on EMD. From the Market Replay sessions I have done on NQ, ES, YM I only have losing days using the default Strategy for each. If I let the strategy trade in the PM as well then it becomes a full blown disaster. I would not even dream of using this on a live account. Obviously the seller is a scammer that cherry picks and he cannot not produce a profitable ENTIRE session Market Replay video to save his life.. If the strategy is to be even pursued further -- it will need a filter to stay out of choppy action where it currently gets destroyed. This can be done if we are able to extract the code in cs files.

We should try it on EMD. From the Market Replay sessions I have done on NQ, ES, YM I only have losing days using the default Strategy for each. If I let the strategy trade in the PM as well then it becomes a full blown disaster. I would not even dream of using this on a live account. Obviously the seller is a scammer that cherry picks and he cannot not produce a profitable ENTIRE session Market Replay video to save his life.. If the strategy is to be even pursued further -- it will need a filter to stay out of choppy action where it currently gets destroyed. This can be done if we are able to extract the code in cs files.

What are you thinking of using as a chop or trend filter please ?

fxknight, this is exactly why all of these ridiculously priced AT systems are fraudulent. It's why they sell them, not use them. ALL basic volatility breakout systems work in strong trends. ALL of them lose horribly as the volatility decreases too much. We know this. If these vendors could have figured out how to automate the elimination of trading in chop to a bare minimum, they would have and, in the process, never have sold them in the first place.

Feasible? Quite frankly I don't see why not? Just a few caveats though. He says in his video that the Market Cycle indicators do print in real time before the candle closes,but at other times in the video he says quite clearly that they DO repaint.This is what frustrates me about this fella. Very inconsistent at times when you want consistency.Just keep in mind that the solution he provides does seem to work relatively well.He says that when you see a pivot print,then wait for the same second candle bar color to print and close first , and if it's the expected color, then you will know it's a correct prediction and you can make the trade.So essentially you have wasted 2 bars to enter the trend

For example if you see HL print,don't trade yet, just wait to see a consecutive green/blue candle open and close then put a Long Market order in.

So you see there's a lot of experimentation before you can depend on it's reliability.

Also please listen and watch carefully his video of the MC indicator and how to trade it with his autotrader and also read his site page on the MC and if you are going to trade the MC only,make sure you turn off Strategy On and remember your Combine's daily max drawdown is 1K.

His other advice is "Go long/short at the high/low of the signal bar,depending on the pivot.Also rather than the ES,try the YM for longer trends.

Download Page Link

Before you start your combine 10 day trial do some SIM testing at market hours first mate.

Undoubtedly so stevie. I have seen repaint and move down a couple of bars today in the ES. So as expected, it jumped the gun a little and definitely one cannot just follow the pivots blindly and simply without any effective filters.If I had followed his solution by waiting for the alternate bar to print then yes I wouldn't have been trapped.

Thanks stevie will be doing some sim test trading during market hours and will also see how the YM pans out.They will start the combine trials on the next business trading day after payment is received so probably next week.

Thanks mate for all your help.:)

Download Page Link

If you pass the initial 10 trading days,watch out for the FTP,(Funded Trader Prep) which is the final step to being funded. It may be the final step but they do pile on the pressure a little to make sure you are capable of being disciplined and won't freak out or collapse during stressful periods.They want to make sure you won't "kan chong".:-O

fxknight, this is exactly why all of these ridiculously priced AT systems are fraudulent. It's why they sell them, not use them. ALL basic volatility breakout systems work in strong trends. ALL of them lose horribly as the volatility decreases too much. We know this. If these vendors could have figured out how to automate the elimination of trading in chop to a bare minimum, they would have and, in the process, never have sold them in the first place.

The developer's excuse is that the Autotrader can only be selectively traded during 'certain times' such as the ones given by the Market Cycle indicator. So when the MC indi has 3 bars of either red or green after a turn arrow.. then the Autotrader should be enabled. I suppose we need to test this and prove it. So far from my tests using this approach improves results some but quantitatively I don't know by how much just yet.

Download Page Link

Just to make sure everybody is on the same page with the MC indicator. One must wait for 3 bars of the same color after a turn arrow in order to place a trade. In this way there is no re-painting.

If you pass the initial 10 trading days,watch out for the FTP,(Funded Trader Prep) which is the final step to being funded. It may be the final step but they do pile on the pressure a little to make sure you are capable of being disciplined and won't freak out or collapse during stressful periods.They want to make sure you won't "kan chong".:-O

Thank you Man. You keep stressing about the FTP,now you make me nervous liao. I never kan chong one lah, long as stevie is standing by on Skype. :D

Hello all. Anybody else having this peculiar problem of mine? Regarding the Trading123 Autotrader v5CL (Crude Oil).

I have opened the CL 09-16 chart and have been trying get the autotrader to trade it but without success.

In the settings, all the Button Presets are set to true and enabled but in the chart, all the buttons are greyed out and the autotrader will not start and make a single trade. None of the other autotraders have this problem.The ones for ES,YM,GC and NQ all work except for the CL.

Very weird anyone else having the same problem? :-??

Hello all. Anybody else having this peculiar problem of mine? Regarding the Trading123 Autotrader v5CL (Crude Oil).

I have opened the CL 09-16 chart and have been trying get the autotrader to trade it but without success.

In the settings, all the Button Presets are set to true and enabled but in the chart, all the buttons are greyed out and the autotrader will not start and make a single trade. None of the other autotraders have this problem.The ones for ES,YM,GC and NQ all work except for the CL.

Very weird anyone else having the same problem? :-??

Try on CL 10-16