DTPOrderBookImbalance {UPDATE}

imfm

Hi kenny123,

I didn't recommend this type of use. You can use OBI for fade this levels or to trade breakouts at this levels. By itself the levels only shows areas were the liquidity is abnormal. With the little footprint beside the level you can see how the market is reacting at those levels, snd fade them or trade with the breakout.

Thanks but I'm not seeing the blue and red rectangles regarding past history like your charts?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi DayTraderProfesional, as a trader how do you find OBI better than mzDepth, Bookmap? I had a look at your site but I did not get any manual or video in english.

Hi bomdila,

I dont know if OBI es better than BookMap or MZ, but I will told you what I find very useful (By the way I know both: BookMap and MZPack).

1.- Is possible to integrate into your Ninja Charts: Range, Time, Tick.

BM does not allow you to do that.

MZ also works in that way.

2.- Display numbers of limits on your charts. In my case I am a more number oriented guy, so better for me.

BM does not allow you to do that.

MZ also works in that way.

3.- This is the feature that likes me more: Works on auto-regulated market info... WTF is that ? You establish the % of imbalance you want to display and does not matter if volatility es low or high, Indi identifies automatically for you !!

BM.... I dont remeber if it does.

MZ does not do that

Actually I do not use BookMap, I have bought license.

I use other MZ indicators, and works great for me !!

Please do some research (test, verify, adjust) You will be amazed by what you can find playing with this indicators: MZ and OBI. :)

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Hi Supertrade,

Sincerily no other advantatges. The tool basically reflects my trading style. Is like trading with price action. A trader takes his naked chart and starts drawing his own lines, based in how he understand the context and the recent action.

For me is the same, i have my naked volumeladdrchart and i like to understand where we have the control for buyers and sellers and how they are. I like simplicity and i think that your best pattern analyzer algoritm is your brain, most than give a software with overinformation or with thousand of colors and markers that your brain never will understand and creates you confusion. Visual, easy to read and easy to use. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would be happy to show images and analisys about how i understand action and how buyers and sellers are playing in the market. I will wait till Traderbeauty let me room to do that.

Please do

As they say - one picture is worth...

Please post some images right here in this thread- it will clear a lot to many of us.

Thank you in advance

Traderbeauty

Hi @admis,

Can you help me in how add images in post?. I try it, uploading the image at screencast and using the url, but this is the result:

:-?

You can either change the images server (I prefer https://postimage.org/, where you'll see the direct link to your picture) or

using screencast (as an example, open:

http://screencast.com/t/IksdcpLHwsf

then click on the picture (it will be magnified) and copy the new picture link from the page address in your browser:

http://content.screencast.com/users/daytraderprofesional/folders/Jing/media/de3f2a61-435a-4115-9da8-ad1b0b10b2cf/2016-06-29_2105.png

in your post: Insert image (third icon from the top right corner). The above link paste in the picture url address. That's all.

http://content.screencast.com/users/daytraderprofesional/folders/Jing/media/de3f2a61-435a-4115-9da8-ad1b0b10b2cf/2016-06-29_2105.png

Hi totoscalper,

The ratio means the diference between two values. In the case of OBI it's about any quantity of bid or sell limit and the average of them. For example, if you have a buy limit order of 500 and the average is 50, the ratio of this diference is 10. You can choose on settings wich ratio do you want to display. For the previous example, if you set 11 this limit will not be shown like an imbalance, because the ratio is 10. You can choose the ratio you want, 1 or for example 1.5. The second means that if the quantity is 1.5 times bigger than the average, then will show you the imbalance.

Hope this help you to understand it.

Hi,

i will post an image to a long trade opportunity

http://content.screencast.com/users/daytraderprofesional/folders/Jing/media/0689de4b-0cea-4553-85c3-242a3e113945/2016-07-05_1634.png

To comment the image, the market was trading down, but some buyers appears in the lows. Generate a trading range area, started with some agressive sellers. Then in the lows of this range some buyers were absorbing sellers and in the retest of that low point, was a nice opportunity to fade in a logical place to do it, down in a unfair lows, where the advantatge is for buyers and not sellers.