new version BookMaap 4.5.0_b142

abduul

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea about Decompiling, Reverse Engineering, Disassembly, and Debugging..

Found this on a website and thought

Could be of use to our educators in the forum in cracking turboactivate..

and please forgive me for ignorance if it is no way related this thread's topic..

Source : hxxp://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=5274608

(replace xx with tt)

TurboActivate/LimeLM really is simple to hack, as it is only aimed at stopping "casual piracy" where most sales are lost.

Visit _= wyday dot com slash limelm =_ and signup for the free trial then download the TurboActivate libraries with all the debug symbols included.

All the TurboActivate documentation is on that site, no need to reverse anything. For example:

Code:

There are 3 separate TurboActivate functions for checking whether a customer is activated or not:

* IsActivated() checks if the user is activated without contacting any servers (no internet connection needed ever). It does this by verifying the cryptographically signed "computer fingerprint".

* IsGenuine() contacts the LimeLM servers to see if the user is still activated (checks for revoked product keys, etc.) and whether features have changed. This function requires an active internet connection to succeed (or else you get a TA_E_INET return code).

* IsGenuineEx() is a mix of the best parts of IsActivated() and IsGenuine(). In IsGenuineEx() you can specify how often to check with the LimeLM servers and all other times it verifies the activation locally.

Its simple to find where the app is calling those dll functions and either patch them, or make your own turboactivate.dll like fijasko above

Edited by Abhishek Shetty

I have no idea about Decompiling, Reverse Engineering, Disassembly, and Debugging..

Found this on a website and thought

Could be of use to our educators in the forum in cracking turboactivate..

Quite good approach. Is it mean, that you have already patched BookMap and only the TurboActivate still needs to be fixed?

Quite good approach. Is it mean, that you have already patched BookMap and only the TurboActivate still needs to be fixed?

@admis Master.. I haven't done anything.. I dont know this stuff.. While searching for BookMap, got this info from a thread in the hackforums.net mentioned below..

hxxp://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=5274608

(replace xx with tt)

One of the members in that thread had mentioned this steps..

There is a member in that forum who is selling this fixed software for a price..

Master.. Can this latest Bookmap be educated??

Edited by Abhishek Shetty

@admis Master.. I haven't done anything.. I dont know this stuff.. While searching for BookMap, got this info from a thread in the hackforums.net mentioned below..

hxxp://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=5274608

(replace xx with tt)

One of the members in that thread had mentioned this steps..

There is a member in that forum who is selling this fixed software for a price..

Master.. Can this latest Bookmap be educated??

You should know, I'm a java noob...Personally, I always didn't like java, but this is only the computer language. For me, the main issue is a lack of reversing tools in the comparison to C#. This is another world (much worse world)...

Thanks for the link, but I'm not a member of that forum. If you are in a position to copy some useful stuff from there it would be great.

And the answer on your last question is positive.

The BM.exe is only a wrapper of jar, which can be simply stripped off by using an ordinary hex editor. In this way we got the jar (~zip) file. Next step is decompilation (fortunately there is a few tools I've found) and later manually analysing of code (not so easy - the source is obfuscated). Finally, collected the main traps. Now we need a good ByteCode editor to make the patches in the java code. I've found BytecodeViewer 2.9.8. Is quite good, but it's insufficient... That's all story.

dear admis, thanks a lot for always been sincere and helpful. i myself indeed hate java since its inception and i don't get it why it's still widely adopted when sun-micro has already been "absorbed" by oracle and ibm is the only major java supporter. i wonder how much cpu power and electricity have been wasted by such a lame platform in all these years. for everytime i start up the jvm, i feel being cursed. Not to mention the headaches created by the frequent bug fixes and updates. [sigh]