academydaytrading.com

lola33

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

fwiw, as fxknight did i ran some backtesting with their Pro9ATS strategy and it looses money,there is another one that seems to result in gain,i'm not home and don't remember the exactly name but it starts as Pro9Trader, again i have been not able to reproduce entry and exit in real trading.

i haven't tried yet,but maybe you can use the idea with smaller renko bar settings(their bars seem a copy of unirenko) ,lowering SL ,and run some WFA analysis

P.S

I tested trading123.net (SIM) lost a lot of money so far.

sir i have confirmed with the company they said pro ats is not yet launched .so please do not trade with auto trade.. and its not cherry picking at all.. please open 5 to 6 charts of different instrument in you pc and find the 6 probability setup and start trade .so if vendor get any confirmation in any contract he showed us ..what i think learn 6 setup and take all conditions in your mind .you will surely get one condition met. and i have tried all auto trader .all were/are bogus...

Don't use the autotrader, please. The first thing I did when I started using pro9 was to look to it's results. As the vast mayority of the automatic systems it miserably fails. Then I went to the backtest's results and checked if the trades were good. Most of them didn't check for some requeriments of the method.

I have done the check again today. I'll cover only 18-08 and 19-08 because you'll see the point only with this.

This are all the trades that the system took and their explanation:

18-08

Buy continuation at 9:49. Impossible trade. You couldn't even taken it in manual because there isn't a Turnbar.

Buy continuation at 10.17 Impossible trade. You couldn't even taken it in manual because there isn't a Turnbar.

Sell continuation at 11:13 Impossible trade. You couldn't even taken it in manual because there isn't a Turnbar.

Buy continuation at 11:48 Impossible trade. You couldn't even taken it in manual because there isn't a Turnbar.

Sell Single T at 12:42 Impossible trade. You couldn't even taken it in manual because there isn't a Turnbar.

Buy Continuation an 14:32 Good trade

Buy single t at 14:40 and Buy single t at 14:52. One of this two qualifies as momentum trade. But One, not both!

Buy conti at 15:36. Impossible trade. You couldn't even taken it in manual because there isn't a Turnbar.

Buy continuation 16:09. The continuation is at 16:44.

Even if the automatic system has many errors, if you apply the method manually, the day would have been profitable: You would take the entries at 14:32, 14:52, 15:56, 16:44, 17:32 and 19:14 with no fails.

19-08

Continuation sell 9:36. It doesn't qualify as breakout because the pro9 line is only -7. I must be -50 or less.

Single T Sell at 9:54. Doesn't qualify, The supertrend is green!

Conti Buy at 11:19. EMAs not in proper order.

Conti sell at 14:15. EMAs not in proper order.

Conti Buy at 15:04. EMAs not in proper order. Supertrend is 9.

Single T Buy at 15:14. EMAs not in proper order.

Again, the system is a disaster, but if you do it manually... there's only a trade, a bad trade at 8:20.

My point is that you can't tag the whole system as a failure only because it's backtest goes wrong. It's a signal, but you must apply the method for yourself.

the backtest:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/c3v5cb

Edited by uazpeitia

Yes, the reversal dots do repaint - they look great historically but sadly if you take them live its hit and miss - so IMO you cannot use them on their own.

I was talking about when dot paints on white bar. I have seen it repaints on green or red bar for obvious reasons, these dots are good trade entry when bouncing off 200 ma, or support or resistance and blue line has divergence.

• 3 weeks later...
The Pro9 strategies are mis-represented by the seller in the Debriefing videos. While the seller shows $1500 daily profits in the debriefing videos -- Steve Dewitt in the SmartMoneyRoom loses every trade this same day on LIVE trading! By using the Pro9 strategies I might add!! Contradictory?? ..yes. So it is easy to make any system profitable after the fact.. 'I would have done this and that'.. unfortunately does not count. Give this some thought before you put your money and effort in using this strategy. It is not really what it is portrayed to be. Edited by fxknight

Sorry but the rules haven't change for years. He always applies the same rules. There is no room for changing the rules or doing exceptions to them. You can see it for yourself, choose a day in 2015 and one 2016 and the rules are the same. In fact, he puts all the posible trades, even the losing trades that complies with the rules...

In the other hand, I have read the tradingschools smartmoneyroom review and indeed he looses. I don't know where is the trap.

I was considering that, AndyS, thank you. I've done well with this method when the markets trend. Anyways, in his daily debriefs, he only uploads the results of one market, maybe the best. But there are days that he uploads loses and 15$ gains, and applying the method to any other market the same day the results are better.

I'm willing to choose any given day and apply the method to the whole day to 6 markets, to know if its sustainable.

Fair enough.

I'll try to make the next 5 trading days (6, 7, 8, 9, 12) for this instruments: TF, CL, YM, NQ. (EMD doesn't tick in my ninjademo, I don't know why).

2 contracts. First taken at 8 tick profit and the second let as runner. 22 tick stop (too big for me, maybe we should figure how to cut it down).

I have changed the Momentum arrow value to 3, to generate less entries.

I was considering that, AndyS, thank you. I've done well with this method when the markets trend. Anyways, in his daily debriefs, he only uploads the results of one market, maybe the best. But there are days that he uploads loses and 15$ gains, and applying the method to any other market the same day the results are better.

I'm willing to choose any given day and apply the method to the whole day to 6 markets, to know if its sustainable.

Granted-- should not be interjecting here(can't help myself-sorry--LOL) as I just work regular job---only aspire to be trader for luxury of time,commitment, any place U can do---

None-the-less couple things have read(and respect) is that--one should concentrate on 1 mkt--spend much time to develop relationship with said mkt--other words--Get a Feel and respect for whatever instrument is that U chose to take a gamble on--and then apply Ur preferred methodology/Strategy/ etc....

Take Care ALL!! Mucho Respect to ALL of U--

p.s. if someone figures it all out as simple as clicking a "ON" button please PM me as I need it too!

Fair enough.

I'll try to make the next 5 trading days (6, 7, 8, 9, 12) for this instruments: TF, CL, YM, NQ. (EMD doesn't tick in my ninjademo, I don't know why).

2 contracts. First taken at 8 tick profit and the second let as runner. 22 tick stop (too big for me, maybe we should figure how to cut it down).

I have changed the Momentum arrow value to 3, to generate less entries.

Good luck with that. Also follow the trades in SmartMoneyRoom to convince yourself of the inefficacy of this strategy. You can take his 7-day trial for $7. He actually trades by the strategy rules but his trades don't match the debrief trades since he takes them live and the others are 'cooked' after the fact. My best observation of this strategy is that it is a lagging strategy.. too late to the party. By the time the trend is supposed to continue after a pullback (continuation and Momentum trades).. it reverses and gives a loss. I almost believe that if you decide to take the opposite signals it would become a profitable strategy. Keep us posted on how it goes for you.

uazpeitia,

You cannot take an 8 tick profit target on ANY futures contract unless you can prove that your method can have a 7 tick stop loss with a 70% win rate. So, you're proving that you have a system which has a 1:1 risk/reward ratio at 70% + slippage and transaction fees.

If a vendor demonstrates risking 2x to make 1x, then they'll have to have an 80% winning pct or the system is a loser at that risk/reward ratio.

I'm not saying these models above are not possible, simply that no vendor can/will ever prove their trading method meets the minimal MATH requirements above. They're in the business of proving nothing except that they can take money from other wannabe traders and put it in their pockets at zero market risk.

You have all made good points. But the 8\22 risk reward is just for the first contract. the other one is the runner that can let you with I dont know 30\22 or more. Keep in mind that when the market moves only 4 ticks in your favor, the sl is reduced to 18 and with 8 movement the sl is on breaeven. its not a hard 22 stop.

By the way, I havent meet any system that doesnt use past info to generate future actions. Fib are lag, volume profile are lag, the only thing that you can do in this business is to find a good way to view the past that tells you with 51% or more accuracy what will haven in the future. hundreds of 51% at 1:1 r\r will generate money.

hello to you I have tested this strategy for a week and I took some trade is a day with manual system but it has given a result excelling system looks a lot like the hofman rob rob strategy used is the indicator to know or it ta a reverse to take think looks rob hofman know video will be able to help you understand if system as I used to system to make scalp ever daytrading take 10 tick or 20 tick with is system and not bad I think also with pro9bar I find it very efficient because we can see the trend of the market never forget that the trend your friend and never take it for an enemy I did pretty profit on the dax cl fgbl and also fxse tf but not within the trade a matter or because it may take a reversal that takes time to rectify that gives you a loss:)

• 4 months later...