academydaytrading.com

lola33

Can anyone please help. I extracted, downloaded, and imported the Pro9Trader-v2.5.9-Indicators. I compiled the indicators and shut down Ninja and re-started. I see the indicators in the indicator list however they do not work.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Edited by eurotrdr

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god only knows how many methods and systems or "magic indicators" etc i have tested and tried.

i would carefully say that 99% of them are worthless or even bellow lol ( meaning- you will make more money if you trade opposite the system ).

this gets even more enhanced by the fact that its built of lagging moving averages and oscillators.

I have been watching this thread but did not bother to test or go deeper- but thanks to SW-ES i started to watch the videos which picked my interest.

I ended watching all the videos possible including the daily debrief and here are my results:

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SYSTEMS YOU CAN FIND.

Rules are simple and non negotiating, no bs and second guessing.Not too many indicators and all arranged neatly.

Its very very rare for me to recommend a system but i am doing that AFTER going through all the videos and testing it myself using the ES.

Their way to interpret divergence is very unique and simple and is working most of the time.

If you follow the rules you will definitely make money.IF combine that with some simple price action or fib trading you will do even better. I am totally impressed.

THANK YOU ADMIS for helping us.

I am not thrilled about using their bars because they use around 22 ticks which is too much for my day trading taste.I would say that 4 ticks for first target and 5-6 ticks initial stop using renko spectrum 4-1 will give you amazing results.The system makes at least 4 ticks almost in every entry.

Regarding repaint: i dont think it is a problem here- the only signals that can be affected are the big dots which are just a signal for overbought-oversold situation and its only for divergence and dot trades ( see rules) - this type of measurement can be changed after reloading the data.

The triangles are meaningless- all they are is to show you where the pivots are and they serve no purpose.

So just follow everything live and see for yourself.

Going to test it and maybe even trade live tomorrow and will give more feedback.

Hope that helps and would love to hear from you some feedback for the system and not just about installing the indicators.

Forgot to mention one more thing-

almost all vendors are showing back results but... they look through the chart and show you one day from 6 month ago- another from 8 month etc which obviously they fit their system to the market conditions or looking for strong trends that last forever etc.

These guys show you day after day after day the signals and results - true- they are not 100% right but you can definitely understand that they are slightly biased lol

Traderbeauty-Jane

Thanks Jane for your great sharing! May be I also have to take a closer look into it... I tried some systems last year and eventually gave up due to repaint. Very hard for me to trace back what was going on. Thanks to admis and all of those who helped to share the training materials. I will go back to click the "Thanks" button for each of you. Since I haven't downloaded any of those links, may ask help from you all later this week... :-) happy trading!

great post Jane

it's time for all to understand that the search after the best indicator is never gonna end and testing new indicators will continue here forever :)

the real search and investment should be on a strategy with the most simplest indies available like this system

I also added our very favorite Navi Trend indicator and I have to say I really don't think any other indicator is ever needed

now I agree with you about the Pro9 Renko bars, I too don't like them very much and prefer Rjay's hybrid renko, I have to say that Rjay's spectrum may look better and I'd have used it myself BUT the only reason I don't is because for some reason it generates far too many signals with Navi Trend, and many of them are "fake" signals so I stick to Rjay's Hybrid renko

as for fine tuning I use few screens with different renko barsize and must say this imho is the best combo ever possible for best signals and filtering wrong or week signals

cheers and good luck to us all :)

great post Jane

it's time for all to understand that the search after the best indicator is never gonna end and testing new indicators will continue here forever :)

the real search and investment should be on a strategy with the most simplest indies available like this system

I also added our very favorite Navi Trend indicator and I have to say I really don't think any other indicator is ever needed

now I agree with you about the Pro9 Renko bars, I too don't like them very much and prefer Rjay's hybrid renko, I have to say that Rjay's spectrum may look better and I'd have used it myself BUT the only reason I don't is because for some reason it generates far too many signals with Navi Trend, and many of them are "fake" signals so I stick to Rjay's Hybrid renko

as for fine tuning I use few screens with different renko barsize and must say this imho is the best combo ever possible for best signals and filtering wrong or week signals

cheers and good luck to us all :)

Please share the templates you use with your favorite settings.

ok bit of an update here I think most would appreciate

Rjay's Spectrum with settings like these:

synchronizer =1

new bar =1

bar body =3

with these settings I can still use Rjay's spectrum renko and still have our Navi Trend (triangles) show even better than Rjay's Hybrid renko

here I don't get fake signals AND for some reason I get to see the signal as soon as the bar forms unlike Rjay's Hybrid while both have the settings calculate on bar close

and yet with Rjay's spectrum renko, I get to see the triangle signal right on it's forming so yay for spectrum 3ticks size :)

cheers

after watching it live ( ES only ) i truly believe that considering its built of lagging indicators- whoever designed the system did an amazing job.

it actually enhanced my trading and added entries that otherwise i would have never taken which is amazing.

it takes a lot of me to get impressed by a system - specifically here where we are being introduced to new items all the time- but it seems to me that this system is solid and very good.

obviously the idea or method is the same as numerous others because this is how the market works- doing zig zags and we try to hop on when we identify such one.

their way of identifying divergence is amazing- i have never seen such a simple and accurate way to measure one and let me tell you- ITS WORKING.

one thing i have to say- their videos are basically a slow replay or just a back look at the charts- i am not sure if you ever tried to trade the TF but many times it moves like a lightning and there is no way you can catch many of the trades that they described- but still- i think that they do an amazing job considering that all they want to do is sell us the system.

that is why i highly recommend you to trade it with the ES which is much slower- take first profit after 4 ticks and then trail, you can even scalp 4-5 ticks with a stop of initially 5 ticks that can be adjusted by one tick down with every bar that moves to your favor.

watch their videos, read the rules and study. then use your own knowledge to get even better signals.

my recommendation is to trade the ES using renko either hybrid 4 or renko spectrum 4-1 .

when trading the ES DO NOT take continuation entries- they might work well with the tf but not so much with the es (unless there is a huge strong trend).

go for 4 ticks initially- get your confidence and then go from there- use only one contract- no need for 3 .

i just hate to do what they do- trade the tf 3 lots and lose $660 on a bad entry...

will update tomorrow

Traderbeauty-Jane

after watching it live ( ES only ) i truly believe that considering its built of lagging indicators- whoever designed the system did an amazing job.

it actually enhanced my trading and added entries that otherwise i would have never taken which is amazing.

it takes a lot of me to get impressed by a system - specifically here where we are being introduced to new items all the time- but it seems to me that this system is solid and very good.

obviously the idea or method is the same as numerous others because this is how the market works- doing zig zags and we try to hop on when we identify such one.

their way of identifying divergence is amazing- i have never seen such a simple and accurate way to measure one and let me tell you- ITS WORKING.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Jane, in your free time, would you please prepare a chart example showing its amazing capabilities of identifying divergences.

TiA

It sounds strange that these indicators stopped working today after the market close, restart ninja, reimport indicators has no effect. Indicators still listed in indicator pane but nothing plots. Has anybody experienced this today after market close.Its happening on my desktop, I will try on my office laptop tomorrow to see if it works on there Edited by rondonelli

It sounds strange that these indicators stopped working today after the market close, restart ninja, reimport indicators has no effect. Indicators still listed in indicator pane but nothing plots. Has anybody experienced this today after market close.Its happening on my desktop, I will try on my office laptop tomorrow to see if it works on there

there is no problem at all.

just go to your data series settings and change the session template from what they put as a default ( which is only from 9:30 to 4 pm ) to <USE INSTRUMENT SETTINGS>

Thats it.

enjoy

Jane

Repainting in academydaytrading indicators.

THERE IS NO REPAINTING AT ALL.

I checked it twice- comparing two identical charts- one that accumulated data live during today and during friday - and the other one was a fresh one that i just created now- so if there was any repainting i would have seen the differences - but there were none.

THE REASON FOR YOUR REPAINTING IS-----

just make sure that all your indicators are set to CALCULATE ON BAR CLOSE= TRUE

thats it

enjoy

jane

ok ladies and gentlemen- as ADMIS asked i more than happy to do that - i mean how many times does admis ask us for anything lol very glad i can do anything for him.

going to do that in sections- dont have time to put text over the chart so just pay attention and follow every singles arrow- the ones aim to upward are entries- the ones downward are not with explanations why.

one thing though i would like to have your help- the green and red numbers at the end of the chart are DPI which are suppose to tell us where will a new green or red bar start- seems to me that they dont give the right numbers for a renko spectrum- i did try to look into the dpi settings but did not see a solution for that- so i will appreciate if someone can find an answer.

first arrow- nice short - each bar that goes forward means another tick in your pocket so just count the red bars and see what was your max profit.

second arrow another entry- momentum right, ma are arranged perfectly, and we have a slice though that one would have given us 6 points aprox.

#3 top- no entry- no divergence.

4- loser- 3 ticks - not bad- keep in mind that you trail using previous bar high.

5 winner 2.5 points max

6 around 6:54 perfect long i am amazed- we have divergence within 5 to 10 bars , momentum extreme and we have a dot potential profit 2.5 points

7 no short - no momentum ( supertrend) needs to be beyond the 20 line.

8 no long around 7 03 - no momentum and under the 200 ma

9 last one - great short but could not take it- we had divergence- we had dot- but super momentum was not extremem- you could have taken it against the 200 ma- but no system rules.

i just hope that others will look deep and instead of hunting indicators and waste time with small technical details- lets work together and find the best ways to trade this system.

take care

jane

http://i.imgur.com/8PSqZW3.jpg