Woodies Collection and AutoTrader 7.0.1.6

vit007

The part that will get you are the losses from 3 contracts, stopping you out multiple times. Peeling contracts off is also called reverse-position sizing. It will force you to have a higher long-term avg winning pct (like 60%). That's why it looks good on sections of charts or a day here and there but long-term, you can't survive at the 50% winners level and below whereas all-in / all-out certainly can (even down to 30% winners).

It is our human nature which finds coin flip odds or worse as undesirable. I would suggest one focus more on the win / loss ratio than winning pcts much over 55% unless you find something which gives you 1:1 w/l ratio at 70% (that's doable)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know woodie can not trdae this successfully? did he tell anyone that he is loosing money?

He never showed anyone Live (not Sim) trades in progress and when asked to prove he's profitable, he refuses. So, he may not be losing cash because he isn't trading Live. He's a world class paper trader.

I have few general observations to make.

(1) Chop zone is well identified

(2) Trending zones are well identified

(3) Setup does not repaint

(4) v3 bars are real good keep you out of chop

(5) You have plenty of time to enter trade

(6) You can choose trade setup you like most and just trade them.

(7) Best trading time is 935AM-1200PM EST

(8) FDAX works better with V3S bars

I notice that regardless if the inputs I use for Friday trading, the auto won't trade live nor produce any historical results for Friday. Can anyone help me solve this conundrum?

Check your session templates. I know that bar formations and setup change with sessions for example default 24x5 vs default 24x7. I am using 24x5. Best thing to try autotrader is to make a regular futures room template chart and settle on what setups you are trying to take, then you run autotrader to see if it matches and keep session templates in sync.

Check your session templates. I know that bar formations and setup change with sessions for example default 24x5 vs default 24x7. I am using 24x5. Best thing to try autotrader is to make a regular futures room template chart and settle on what setups you are trying to take, then you run autotrader to see if it matches and keep session templates in sync.

The seesion template is "use instrument settings." I have CL to start trading at 9:10 EST but I see nothing in the inputs that prevents trading on Friday; there is only a stop trading input for the day but not one that turns off Friday entirely. Perhaps I'm overlooking something?

Yamantaka For some reason Session mod (in session time) changes ones you go from sim to live . To make EA work one have to change session mod from 1 to 0. ???

I can't get the auto to work today Live or in Sim and given the fact that historical performance also deletes Friday trading, I'm thinking there may be an exception in the code (or the inputs are tricking me).

Yamantaka

Autotrader is working for me on Friday. I am using July crude contrac. see this image

http://i61.tinypic.com/333iqdg.jpg

Follow my settings

I suggest starting with the Woodies Gray Box: Woodies Bars Auto Trader and load the template labeled WBT5-All Price Patterns +OFA Filter+Slopes Bias then click ok

Next we will make some changes:

Indicator WoodiesBias Level/Woodies Bias Level Chope Mode should be set to 0

Woodies Trade Entry Rules/WoodiesPrice Patterns should be changed to 1 (this is the DD)

Woodies TradeFilter Rules/WoodiesTradeFilters should be change to 4194304

Woodies TradeFilter Rules/WoodiesPricePatternsOfaBarFilter should be set to 0

Woodies TradeFilter Settings/WoodiesSlopes Filter Mode should be set to 1

StrategyAtmStops/Stop Loss set to 22

StrategyAtmStops/StopBE Trigger set to 0

Strategy Atm Targets/Target 1 set to 15

StrategyAtm TrailingStops/Trailing StopType change to 0

Strategy AtmTime to Exit(I used 15:59 in my example):

time to exit mode 1 then set time to exit hour and minutes with Friday set if you want a different time(assuming you do not want to hold a position overnight)

Strategy Money Management set to 1

Session mode set to 1 then start and end hour set(9:30 to 15:59 in my example):

Change Historical Fill Processing to WoodiesBars Fill Type and Slippage to 1:

Change exit on close and sync account position to true:

Yamantaka

Autotrader is working for me on Friday. I am using July crude contrac. see this image

http://i61.tinypic.com/333iqdg.jpg

Follow my settings

I suggest starting with the Woodies Gray Box: Woodies Bars Auto Trader and load the template labeled WBT5-All Price Patterns +OFA Filter+Slopes Bias then click ok

Next we will make some changes:

Indicator WoodiesBias Level/Woodies Bias Level Chope Mode should be set to 0

Woodies Trade Entry Rules/WoodiesPrice Patterns should be changed to 1 (this is the DD)

Woodies TradeFilter Rules/WoodiesTradeFilters should be change to 4194304

Woodies TradeFilter Rules/WoodiesPricePatternsOfaBarFilter should be set to 0

Woodies TradeFilter Settings/WoodiesSlopes Filter Mode should be set to 1

StrategyAtmStops/Stop Loss set to 22

StrategyAtmStops/StopBE Trigger set to 0

Strategy Atm Targets/Target 1 set to 15

StrategyAtm TrailingStops/Trailing StopType change to 0

Strategy AtmTime to Exit(I used 15:59 in my example):

time to exit mode 1 then set time to exit hour and minutes with Friday set if you want a different time(assuming you do not want to hold a position overnight)

Strategy Money Management set to 1

Session mode set to 1 then start and end hour set(9:30 to 15:59 in my example):

Change Historical Fill Processing to WoodiesBars Fill Type and Slippage to 1:

Change exit on close and sync account position to true:

What session template are you using in Data Series?

I can't get the auto to work today Live or in Sim and given the fact that historical performance also deletes Friday trading, I'm thinking there may be an exception in the code (or the inputs are tricking me).

Im using my original file. Great day for oil

http://i60.tinypic.com/2i9s9i8.jpg

Edited by vit007

rondonelli, just some info...that 22 tick stop with a 15 tick target after trans fees must avg long-term 61% winners with no slippage just to breakeven.

The expectancy formula:

(avg win * avg winner) - (avg loss * avg loser)

You'll find more leeway in margins for trading error if you keep the (avg win / avg loss) ratio between 1.5 and 3. Yes, you won't see winning pcts above 55% long-term but you can make consistent money with those numbers in a broader range of trading volatility environments.

When posting pics of the bot in action, would it be possible to show larger screen resolutions? Thanks.

Crude when straight down 1.25 pts and then straight up for 1.25 pts so far. It should be a great day. Go back and more find narrow sideways days and see if the bot with your current settings works equally well to keep you out of chop on the marginal days.

Edited by lbf4223

Here is 2 weeks strategy performance report on crude with one contract between the hours of 9:00 am to 11:55 Am then again 1:00 Pm to 2:30PM. 15 tick profit and 22 tick stop loss. I tick slippage and commissions included.

http://i57.tinypic.com/op23qd.jpg

This is highest possible resolution I can get. postimage.org is not cooperating today for whatever reason

Edited by rondonelli