Dom

Trading1903

Hi Admis

I did not fully understand what you meant about the book map.

Thanks again

Jane

Let's better try to see it in action, but first of all watch the YT video about the spoofing algo - how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iomgtdEF880

Then install BookMap 3.8.3 from the belaid post:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/25128-REQ-BookMap?p=358440&viewfull=1#post358440

and CQG Trader from this link:

ftp://ftp.cqg.com/CQG%20Trader/English/CQG_en-US_production_V6.01.302_Install.msi

Run CQGT and fill out the request for a 7 days demo directly from the first window of CQGT or open a demo account at AMP (21 days demo) http://ampclearing.com/cqg_trader.html

Watch this short tutorial: Getting CQG and BookMap connected in less than 2 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjUgz5QNbs

Edited by admis

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admis

One more question please .

I saw on the bookmap thread that there is a possible way for version 3.6.6 to connect directly with ninja.

Is there a reason why use the other version 3.8.3 and go through the process of cqg trader etc ? ( btw- i already running my ninja via a free cqg datausing an amp account for the data but not sure if the data can run two items same time ).

Does 3.8.3 give some extra features that do not show on 3.6.3 ? ( forgot to mention that i also have IB account but not sure if their data is any good )

So what do you think i should do ?

use 3.8.3 with cqg data ?

use 3.6.3 with my current ninja ?

use 3.8.3 with my IB ?

Thanks again so much.

Jane

Admis

One more question please .

I saw on the bookmap thread that there is a possible way for version 3.6.6 to connect directly with ninja.

Is there a reason why use the other version 3.8.3 and go through the process of cqg trader etc ? ( btw- i already running my ninja via a free cqg datausing an amp account for the data but not sure if the data can run two items same time ).

Does 3.8.3 give some extra features that do not show on 3.6.3 ? ( forgot to mention that i also have IB account but not sure if their data is any good )

So what do you think i should do ?

use 3.8.3 with cqg data ?

use 3.6.3 with my current ninja ?

use 3.8.3 with my IB ?

Thanks again so much.

Jane

Of course you could use Ninjatrader as an indirect source of data, but as SecretTrader wrote (on the previous page of this thread):

Ninjatrader is a bit laggy when it comes to the DOM, sudden large market orders and you can see that there is a lag to Ninja.

Exactly it is the result of the sudden increase in the data stream and limited bandwidth of NT. (Supposedly, NT8 is much improved in this area). So, the choice is up to you (for the testing purposes it could be enough to take data from NT and use BookMap 3.6.6. - this release has also enabled the option to record data).

I don't know the current quality of data transmitted by IB. In the past they compressed their stream, which made it unsuitable source of data for order flow analysis. BTW - You can compare the data stream from IB and CQG

Version 3.8.3 of BM has a little more settings available. You can record data using v.3.6.6 and later replay them in v.3.8.3

Thanks Admis-fully understood- .

Since I am not home with my main computer I used my laptop and loaded the 3.6.3 ninja version-

I tried to load it but it does not populate the historical data- maybe because there is no market right now ?

I tried to run it using the replay function but it was acting weird and playing some older data.

Do you know if BM can run on replay ninja ?

Thanks a lot- and after watching some videos i know exactly what you mean by the white lines- cant wait for the arket to open so i can test it lol

thanks again

jane

sorry i am confused. someone can re-post link for download latest version of bookmap xray?

thank you to all

as admis wrote:

Watched video about spoofing, thanks admis. Actually was familiar with technique just wasn't aware of the name "spoofing".

According to the video creator the whole spoofing play takes a bit more than half a second, what can we do with that info :) ?

There is no way discretionary trader can react to this or use this info.....

You are absolutley right: not chance to react.

I think BM is useful for discrectionary traders to see the big picture: resistances/supports or some particular formations like pillars or imbalance.

Trading live with BM is very dangerous and need lot of practice.

will BM at least populate the chart when there is no market so i can look back a day or 2? or does it need market data to even start acting ?

I've never tried such configuration. Rather impossible to achieve it, because of lack of real time synchronization (In theory, but I can be wrong)...

I've never tried such configuration. Rather impossible to achieve it, because of lack of real time synchronization (In theory, but I can be wrong)...

no problems at all

will wait for the market to open and then try again.

i usually dont enter in a very fast market unless i go very aggressive and then i have the orders ahead of time- so speed does not concern me-

in reality i love the time after 10-11 am when the market moves slow and you have time to analyze and prepare for the next entry.

• 2 weeks later...

... Anyway, the developer is a really smart guy and I believe, he will make the smart improvements in his valuable product.

I would like only to quote the changes going in the right direction: :-bd

1.0.10.80 Release Notes:

Auction Dashboard now includes block trade reconstruction!

Trades delivered in CME Fix/Fast-style blocks can be optionally reconstructed by combining trade blocks from individual limit orders filled by one larger market order.

Auction Dashboard finally includes logic to prevent auto-scaling of Level-II "outliers" — prices at a long distance on the order book will not be auto-scaled, which previously would shrink the chart scale. The outliers are still kept in the book and updated whenever updates arrive, but they will not auto-scale.

Improved feedback on the Inside Auction for the Activity Timeout.

New display option for Profile Segments (profiles can now optionally be drawn centered).

New Zoom button for the Bar Volume Profiles: will zoom in on the profiles so that they are scaled relative only to the currently visible bars (instead of the whole session, by default).

Expected in the next release: new signalling features. True Auction Pressure, which monitors buys and sells along with deltas on the offer and bid: a real-time display, as well as order flow analysis in the bars. Other order flow and pressure signals. Audible alerts.

btw: The price is still (I'm sure, for a temporary period) very low ($149) and unusually attractive.

I'm not related to AD in any way. If I was, the protection would be more effective...;)

Edited by admis

I would like only to quote the changes going in the right direction: :-bd

btw: The price is still (I'm sure, for a temporary period) very low ($149) and unusually attractive.

I'm not related to AD in any way. If I was, the protection would be more effective...;)

Dear Admis,

Can you educate this 80 version? I thought the block option is great feature ,it also on J**S**'s dom.

thanks a million

Rex

Dear Admis,

Can you educate this 80 version? I thought the block option is great feature ,it also on J**S**'s dom.

thanks a million

Rex

You don't want admis to burn out by the frequent releases of AD, just wait for later versions when those "expected in next release" features are finished, because you will want them!