(REQ) NYSE_TICK_Trader Indicator Help Please

kmilo

what does this do? surely there are many free scripts that track and alert to some hi or low TICK reading

Nyse tick IS NOT BASED ON THE MOVEMENT OF THE FUTURE, SO NO SCRIPT CAN DO WHAT NYSE TICK DO!

This is the definition (http://www.mypivots.com/dictionary/definition/139/nyse-tick):

This is the NYSE Cumulative Tick. Most feed vendors source this figure directly from the NYSE where it is calculated every 6 seconds.

The $TICK represents the net ticks of all stocks on the NYSE.

The tick is the direction in which the price of a stock moved on its last sale. An up-tick means the last trade was at a higher price than the one before it and a down-tick means the last sale price was lower than the one before it. A zero-plus tick means the transaction was at the same price as the one before, but still higher than the nearest preceding different price. A zero-plus tick is not used in the calculation of $TICK.

If 500 stocks ticked up, 250 ticked down, and the rest remained unchanged then the value of $TICK would be +250. If 1200 stocks ticked down and 50 ticked up then $TICK would be -1150.

Day traders use the value of $TICK in timing when to enter long and short trades and when at extremes this is sometimes an indicator to exit a trade.

You should do a search for :: Ac_me Mar_ket Int_ernals Pac_k

Look for AC_ME TICK GUIDES in the package

hi

help

Someone please have this wonderful indicator to analyze the internal indices

xxxx.ninjacators.com/products/nyse-tick-trader/

Thank you very much for all your help

Thanks a million

Nyse tick IS NOT BASED ON THE MOVEMENT OF THE FUTURE, SO NO SCRIPT CAN DO WHAT NYSE TICK DO!

This is the definition (http://www.mypivots.com/dictionary/definition/139/nyse-tick):

This is the NYSE Cumulative Tick. Most feed vendors source this figure directly from the NYSE where it is calculated every 6 seconds.

The $TICK represents the net ticks of all stocks on the NYSE.

The tick is the direction in which the price of a stock moved on its last sale. An up-tick means the last trade was at a higher price than the one before it and a down-tick means the last sale price was lower than the one before it. A zero-plus tick means the transaction was at the same price as the one before, but still higher than the nearest preceding different price. A zero-plus tick is not used in the calculation of $TICK.

If 500 stocks ticked up, 250 ticked down, and the rest remained unchanged then the value of $TICK would be +250. If 1200 stocks ticked down and 50 ticked up then $TICK would be -1150.

Day traders use the value of $TICK in timing when to enter long and short trades and when at extremes this is sometimes an indicator to exit a trade.

Great explanation iksak. But not to forget that $Tick can hit the upper extreme & market (S&P500) can still continue to rise a 10-20 point more. Interpretation of $tick, $trin, $tiki etc. and such breadth is not only subjective but also dependent on the data feed provider. When i last ran a comparison between IQfeed & esignal, there was a remarkable difference.

Best way to use the breadth market reading (which are over 40+ released by NYSE) is to combine them all into one unified oscillator like Suri Dudella has done. He invented a weighted cumulative average of all the breadth, & i saw in one of his presentations, real time predictions from the oscillator were leading.

Great explanation iksak. But not to forget that $Tick can hit the upper extreme & market (S&P500) can still continue to rise a 10-20 point more. Interpretation of $tick, $trin, $tiki etc. and such breadth is not only subjective but also dependent on the data feed provider. When i last ran a comparison between IQfeed & esignal, there was a remarkable difference.

Ok, I've never seen $Tick on other data provider, I think that the best way is to observe your $Tick and evaluate how can it help you. I don't use extreme but only watch the divergence between SP500 and $Tick near my entry point. I don't use for signal, but it helps me to get a more accurate level with the less adverse excursion possible