J*P*J Trading

Nukem

It's just the very old market profile trading course, with static patterns, not taking into consideration of real time order flow, not even price action. Vastly outdated, in my opinion.

I've only done the free weeks that he has periodically, have never signed up for the course. He teaches market profile but he does also use real time order flow and footprint charts, and has been doing so for awhile. JP talks alot and tends to ramble and get off topic which for me makes it difficult to follow. Unlike some of the other market profile courses he at least teaches his entries and exits which alot of the others don't. Really the best thing is to take the free week and see if his style and methods mesh with yours. His method and personality are not for everyone.

Thanks for the update. I took his course many years ago, back then he didn't even heard of footprint chart, all he "taught" was some static market profile patterns (he called them setups).

As we know, newbies are looking for red light/green light type of trading setups that they can just use to make a lot of money in trading without understand what trading really is and without putting in many years of hard work, static setups are ideal for newbies! JP sold his static setup course to newbies, and also sold the chatroom subscription to them to "teach" them how to use these static patterns that of course have no practical value in real trading, but newbies don't know that, and vendors take advantage of their lack of knowledge to sell them all those garbage systems, indicators, setups, etc., the entire "trading education" business is a crime! They not only scammed money form newbies, but also injected lies about "how easy trading is" to newbie's mind, lied to them about what works, and the newbies are screwed for life, they just keep looking for next "system, indicator..." that would work for them instead of learning how trading works.

For those who are absolute beginners that might be OK, but I suggest Dalton or FT71, they are much better than JPJ.

Edited by user33

Dalton is indeed a great place to start learning for newbies and oldies. Learning is not always knowing how to fish, it teaches you the way fishing can be done.

But JP shows you how to trade in realtime - in other words: how you can fish yourself.

From books/theory (dalton) to realtime trading (JP)> That is how I see it. It is my personal opinion which of course can be wrong. I can only speak from my personal experience.

JP is a fan of Dalton and uses his views as well.

Dalton is indeed a great place to start learning for newbies and oldies. Learning is not always knowing how to fish, it teaches you the way fishing can be done.

But JP shows you how to trade in realtime - in other words: how you can fish yourself.

From books/theory (dalton) to realtime trading (JP)> That is how I see it. It is my personal opinion which of course can be wrong. I can only speak from my personal experience.

JP is a fan of Dalton and uses his views as well.

How can a person teach others how to fish in real time, when he doesn't fish himself, and that he has no real fishing experience?

User33: I think JP changed over the years. You mentioned you were with him "many years ago" and that there was no Footprint/orderFlow in those old days at JP. In the current trial I see most of the time more than 50 % of the projected screen showing Footprints. A software package which may not be mentioned here at II (Order Flow) is used as well and the developer from the software package which may not be mentioned here at II (Order Flow) even learned from JP how to more effectively use the Footprint.

Perhaps you might consider taking a closer look as to what JP is doing nowadays and what his relationship is with FT71 and Dalton. I know you are helping Nukem with his question. There is no good or bad here. I just want to clear up a little bit what JP is doing nowadays in the trial. Also Cumulative Delta, Volume profiles as I see in trial. Traders evolve and need to adapt all the times to ever changing conditions (politics, IT issues, new insights, news, mentally etc. etc.).

@profile

I was just qualifying the statement that one of the two mentioned in the post did not trade and never has. If JP was the one referred to then JP is not being candid. In the trial he claims he was a floor trader and he now trades on a daily basis. That was the reason for the question.

Edited by Nukem

@profile

I was just qualifying the statement that one of the two mentioned in the post did not trade and never has. If JP was the one referred to then JP is a blatant liar. In the trial he claims he was a floor trader and he now trades on a daily basis. That was the reason for the question.

He claims he trades, but never showed his live screen (he doesn't need to show his account number, no excuse!), trade log, statement, or anything, I don't believe he trades.

JP is "legit".

He was a floor trader and was known to a friend of mine - who was in JP's room at the same time as myself. My friend was a bond trader in Chicago in the old days.

FT71 was also in JPs room for many years (as "ROCK" - I had a few conversations with him and he seemed like a good guy), then they fell out after a number of incidents - charlatans (NOT JP or FT71) using JPs room and name to embezzle the unsuspecting.

Someone mentioned above about JPs style - he used to be loud, LOUD ! and as mentioned did ramble a lot. However - my view - he was "genuine", did trade for real - I never saw an account, what on earth would that prove; but imo you couldn't NOT trade for real and show such emotion over a sim trade !!

He did have some good insights about order flow even before he took up with that which must not be named. His setups were all pretty much counter trend (or counter direction if you prefer); obviously there's nothing wrong with that but it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Suck it and see - its a free trial after all.

good luck and good trading

I believe 99.99% of people of open chatroom business don't trade live and don't know how to trade live (meaning, if they trade live, they would lose consistently, that was the reason why they open the chatroom business).

I think that figure is high; perhaps closer to 94.72%. There are rooms where the monitor does trade, posts the real track record, and is consistently profitable whether in Sim or Cash. As an ex-room participant, I don't care if the moderator is trading Sim as long as I have time to replicate his trades if I care to do so.

• 11 months later...