[REQ] OTG Swing Indicator

Spectral_Analyst

This is from the performance page. It seems very straight forward and irrefutable. But perhaps I'm missing something here (won't be the first time.)

From 8/15 to 8/22, they made 7 trades x 3 contracts = 21 contracts. Net profit before commission is 130 ticks ($1625). $1625 divided by 21 contracts = $77.38/contract. Keep in mind they made 54 ticks on 8/15 when the market had a major downleg so this is a bit of an outlier.

I've never been an advocate of scaling out because the numbers rarely make more sense than all in, all out. But traders get a huge thrill with capturing a "runner." In the case of these folks, taking all 3 contracts out at 6 ticks almost equals their scale out method with a lot less stress in terms of managing a trade.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SA-

Its true that normally if you got to your first target and you move your stop to b.e its a free trade.......

BUT- you forget that till then you are risking full stop on 3 contracts.

You have to consider how many times you are going to lose with 3 lots compared to how many times you win and let your 2nd and 3rd run.

The ratio does not make sense.

If you are sure at your entry then go in with 1 or 3 or 10 lots and get out where you believe the target is ALL OF THEM.

Scaling out is a deception and might hurt you in the long run.

On the other hand ... lol I have to confess- i do that all the time- many times i scale in when the picture is crystal clear ( for example- we have h-h and h-l and i just got long at a retracement )-

I expect at least 1.272 extension but will scale out at the 78 and then the 1.2 , 1.6 and everything thats left at the 1.9 so YES i do the same many times but only when the entry generates a precise exit.

just my 2 cents

jane

Can i ask you how did you find this live trade room?Their website is registered on 22nd of august and you are with them from day one, it seems.

Why do you care about it? Even if your suspicions are true, then what it can change?

You could read Jane's a rational and wise conclusion in the post #17:

... in trading anything that can help us make a decision is valuable and its always good to know others views of the market in real time.

Edited by admis

SA,thanks for the answer and for not making a problem out of this question.Do you know the guys who run the room?Do they trade live or SIM in the room?Are those trades/fills available to follow for live trading members?Do you find results report on their website a true representation of what has happened in the room? Edited by Traderbeauty

SA, you mentioned before that trades were called in advance and now you confirm there was no voice. Sounds like a contradiction.

It's much easier and faster for a human being to use voice then type on a note pad.

I know I posted this before, but I think it's worth doing again. IMO, any room that does the following is a waste of my time:

A. Refuse to show their DOM.

B. Don't call trades in advance.

C. Take trades you don't understand.

D. Take risks you can't afford.

E. Won't provide accurate and legitimate performance history.

Edited by Traderbeauty

Hi all, I was at the room yesterday, and yes It was no voice there,the circumstance is much like the videos posted in the youtube,but I think it is still good because we can learn from them because mostly their tools are wht we already have through our great educator. If someone interested, is there any chance for us to record the room, so tht we can have our backup videos?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hi all, I was at the room yesterday, and yes It was no voice there,the circumstance is much like the videos posted in the youtube,but I think it is still good because we can learn from them because mostly their tools are wht we already have through our great educator. If someone interested, is there any chance for us to record the room, so tht we can have our backup videos?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

How did they go?

If someone interested, is there any chance for us to record the room, so tht we can have our backup videos?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

You could try to use one of these following and free tools to record online video or anything else playing on your screen.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/win-screen-recording-softwares/

or http://srecorder.com/

or http://www.apowersoft.com/free-online-screen-recorder

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

How are you going to record the room if you're not a member? And even if you did mange to record it a few times, you still won't know all the thought processes of taking a trade because he's not teaching in the room.

How did they go?

I was not fully engaged there, I cut off at the middle of the session because of my other activity. As I noticed, the owner will not use the skype again the reason behind this is because some technical reasons tht occur during the session of the room. But u can always look up their daily result by visiting their website.

regards,

Edited by dennyyusuf
spelling

• 1 month later...

Total waste of time, this guys does not know how to trade, most of his trades are breakouts that work wonderfully if the move is extended but unfortunately not every move is like that .

He was lost almost all the time looking for poor excuses or just shutting down the room and ignoring everyone.

Once he realized that the people in the room are conversing and complaining he disabled that feature.

No matter what you do or where you go- DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ROOM even for free.

Hope that helps

Traderbeauty-Jane