Using @Pex

Wanderer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Admis Your box is full. But all is well anyway. I'm an *****. Thanks again.

Ok. I've just cleaned it a little bit. That's for me never ending story (they allowed only 100 messages) . The same limit for each user, even for those who have never posted anything.

Edited by admis

I would love to be healthy and happy. All of these wishes I can't buy or find. Similarly, the matter, you are asking for you can't find anywhere. (Perchance, you can buy it, $200/month)

Why it is still not available? Because it requires the work and the effort to do that. Much more than usually in this kind of work. This is not my daily work, nor my responsibilities and finally it is my free work. And please remember - I'm sorry, but I have to pay my bills as everybody else.

Or somebody is going to cover my costs? I'm not a charity fund...

So, please be patient and don't write to me a private messages asking for this stuff because of the PM box capacity (100 messages).

Edited by admis

There is a trial for $7 US for 14 days, with an extension if you need it. $200 US a month for the whole package. I can show you how to trade it profitably.

The idea is to make enough money in 14 days to subscribe. Subscribing is the only way you are going to get the server-side Deviation Levels that make this thing special.

http://@pexinvesting.net/

Let me know if I can help. W.

Edited by Wanderer

I'll post a chart of tonight's TF Market action later. But let me make this observation first. I'm not married to this system. It can be changed as needed.

The premise was originally that I would have more confidence in a system designed by a successful trader, consequently then, less fear. But I think at this point we can make some adjustments to this system, consistent with what we know is demonstrably true.

I like the test of Deviation Level Trade. I'm going to call that, Trade 1. But I think it may be time to make a decision about what is working for us here and what is not. And also consider what could be added to strengthen the trading system and potentially add more high probability trade setups.

Tonight's Market action shows a trade based on a Test of Resistance, Trade 2. If I can find a way to confirm the Resistance as significant, then the trade would be high probability. The same confirmation could be used to also confirm Trade 1.

What I think can be removed are those things that introduce significant lag to the system. The MVP lines looks to be simply a SuperTrend indicator. And it lags. It was making me wait on entering a trade. So I took it out. I also removed the Range Sub-Chart. It also lags. The Range Channel on the Price Action is useful. It does not lag, because it is used only to give an Expected Range. I don't trade off of it.

The tool we will add is the Logik Volume Wand. I'll show you how I could have used it this week to take several good and safe trades. I'll illustrate this on the chart I will mark up and post later.

It is not greed to want to take trades that can be safely traded. It is not greed to be successful. I think greed is the desire to take risks, to gain more reward, beyond that which is safe under the circumstances. If we maintain our discipline and follow our trading rules, the self-defeating emotions of greed and fear can be contained.

This chart shows Price Action went up to test multiple Resistances. It then moved down to test today's VPOC and today's VAL. Where it then moved down again under higher than Expected Volume. The Volume Wand enables us to confirm where Resistance/Support is likely to hold and Price to reverse. (I don't know why that white box is there)

http://content.screencast.com/users/WanderingIntheField/folders/Default/media/64a63b64-2c0f-4855-8145-7ddd8c5b12c4/2014-08-22_1818.png

This chart shows a subsequent potential trade with similar circumstances. Price reverses off of todays' VAL, VPOC and Deviation Level. Then moves up with higher than Expected Volume. The Deviation sub-chart is ideal.

This second trade is not a retest but just a Reversal. I am not keen on trading Reversals. Too many traps there.

http://content.screencast.com/users/WanderingIntheField/folders/Default/media/b44a2183-e37f-4601-a6ec-37c1c04e28b2/2014-08-22_1854.png

Edited by Wanderer

I think this technique, using the Volume Wand, provides additional high probability setups. Of course we will see in actual trading. We are catching the Market committed with only one direction to go and enough Volume and room to get there. Dragging the Volume Wand handle across the Price Action shows how the VPOC, HVAH and VAL develop over time.

I believe it is important that at least one previous days Value Area (VPOC, VAH, VAL) be drawn on the chart.

I have not understood how to use the Range sub-chart. Not understanding it I removed it. I think that is a mistake. I think I understand it now in that it is simply a display of the real-time Actual Range in the Long and Short direction as compared to the High/Low and the Expected Range. The safe place to be for trade is to have the Actual Range below the Expected Range. Leaving room for the trade to move. I guess in retrospect that seems obvious.

I've also have decided to resist the urge to change this system at this point. I think my desire to change it was based on a lack of understanding of how it worked.

I have decided though to add the Logik Volume Wand. In looking back on past charts it seems to confirms trades well.

This system provides high probability trades. The down side is that it will not signal on some sizable moves. I am going to trade the system as it is for now and then see later if there is a safe way to capture some additional high probability trades. That is going to require me to be patient.

I am going to post some marked up charts of this past week showing how the Volume Wand is used with the system as it is.

Edited by Wanderer

@Wanderer, congrats on learning a method that works for you and sharing it. Are those yellow vertical lines where you make notes automatically painted by the software?

Thanks.

The yellow vertical lines I drew in to show the point at which all the signals need to line up. There is the smaller short yellow line (I've made it bigger now) that is the MVP Breakout trigger drawn by that indicator.

I know my presentation is a bit drawn out. But I think we are getting to the actual trading. I rather be safe than sorry. I am trading live. This Monday's trading should be interesting. I've added CL as it often moves when the eminis do not. So I have 2 charts to better my chances of getting a tradable session. I still think a trader new to trading successfully should limit the charts they follow in order to follow the charts more closely.

Thanks for your question. Let me know if I can help any further.

W.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

I've been noticing that the Volume indicator shows a higher Volume after the chart is refreshed. Usually that required the indicator to be set to COBC = True. But this system will not allow you to change that parameter to True. If I attempt to I get a message that says it must be set to False. I am going to continue without refreshing the charts.

W.

Edited by Wanderer

I apologize for falling behind on my posting. I had to look into the matter of the historical data on the Volume indicator. I have verified that the historical data is not accurate on the Volume indicator. But the real-time data works as it should. I verified this using Market Replay, which I can say does work. If someone wants to see accurate historical Volume data they will have to use Replay.

I also had a technical problem in Tuesday's session that caused me to miss my trade on CL which happened at the US open of the ES. Which is the time I recommend for trading this system on what ever instrument you choose. I do not recommend off US markets trading times. The much lower volume complicates the trading on this system and makes it much less reliable.

All things considered, I think this is an effective system.

How many contracts you trade on the TF?

Do you think that @pex is good to be traded also after 12 EST?

While testing, only 1 contract, on the CL. I am testing live. Once I am convinced there will be no surprises, like erroneous historical data for instance, then I will scale up. I didn't want to get into that yet. I want to get people proficient with 1 trade and 1 contract. But scaling is an important part of the trading plan.

Not 12 PM EST. 9:30 AM EST is when the US RTH for the ES starts. I use 9AM. The US session is when the highest Volume occurs. That is important to this system. One of the three metrics we use is Volume. It consistently keeps us out of bad trades.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck, W.

Edited by Wanderer
My response was for the CL, not TF. The CL is working better than the eminis.