Price action momentum setups

wizard101

I would also like to provide some twists in using momentum with price action to determine

high prob "turn areas" irrespective of whether they are taken with the trend "trend relative to the time frame ofcourse in which it is applied" and also counter trend setups where the reward is lower as long as the risk is also very low and measurable according to the logistical target determined whether based on a fib ext, prior supp/resist, band whatever..... If this style is not suited to your make-up or style then please just disregard the concepts, otherwise feel free to explore and/or add anything further.....There are often patterns in exploiting tools which do eliminate some of the noise reduction in price as long as price is not stuck in too tight a range on a shorter time frame where the risk/reward determination itself does not make it viable for one to take a trade.

There are often many opportunities to scalp 2-3 pts from potential inflection points and for those that prefer to utilize momentum analysis, l feel that there can be a way to exploit some of these "turn areas" in the market both in terms of either verifying what one already uses or as standalone coupled with some basic price action......

Anyhow, I will be posting the indicators with the respective template if one so wishes to look at that particular approach which for some perhaps may even be a little too advanced but in either case you can decide for yourself......Again I am not doing this to prove anything to anybody other than just throwing some ideas which are often repeatable taking ofcourse into consideration the most important ingredient that been "solid risk management" irrespective of whatever one utilizes......

cheers :))

I would also like to provide some twists in using momentum with price action to determine

high prob "turn areas" irrespective of whether they are taken with the trend "trend relative to the time frame ofcourse in which it is applied" and also counter trend setups where the reward is lower as long as the risk is also very low and measurable according to the logistical target determined whether based on a fib ext, prior supp/resist, band whatever.....

cheers :))

Thanks wizard101, what's o/u and u/o, you showed on osc indi? can you share the oscillator or indis used in your chart?

san

Edited by santoshv2k

No problem santoshv2k here is a good resource for a detailed description....It takes a little practice just like anything else to see them in real time but to the trained eye they often provide impending reversals both with the trend " convergences" and also against the trend "regular divergences".....You are basically looking for the flattening out of your faster stoch to kiss off under the slower %D or over the %D with preferably DT/DB ", "Traps" , and also do see them work on single tops/bott but need to be cautious of any significant trend so with the single tops/bott I always look at confluence with some fibo and/or murrey math level, prior demand/supply congestion areas etc.....

the label on the orange line didn't show grrrr.....it is the 78,6% retrace of that whole leg .....I tend to look for corrective setups off deep retracements 78,6-8.6% with ofcourse the applicable stoch patt verifying a "potential inflection point" as ofcourse nothing is certain but they do tend to present with high probability....I had posted many many real time setups in dacharts as many still do using all sorts of technical approaches......

cheers

santoshv2k try copying and pasting the link through your browser worked for me.....template indicators are coming just looking for them lol

Thanks wizard101, the link given by you is working well but template link on that site which is http://www.intellitraders.c0m/chartpatterns/charttemplate.html has no more that template now.