Cumulative Delta

V2xvix

Enzofox

I have seen many systems similar to this- when you look back you wonder how comes the inventor is not a billionaire and why would he sell this fortune for only few thousand dollars when you can make it back within a day or 2.

The answer is- EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT WHEN YOU LOOK BACK but in real time its ugly most of the times.

When you look at the image you just posted above you see that it was impossible for the system to enter short BEFORE that bar closed which is at 9656 so entering short at 9662 was impossible unless you can go back in time or unless the market retraces and gives you an entry which most likely it wont, same for the long- the system is saying that you entered at 9657.5 but in reality you cannot go long BEFORE the bar closed and turned green which is 9662- so please pardon my french but this is B.S and unless you can watch it buying or selling in REAL TIME at these exact numbers please stop deceiving people here .

please ENZOFOX - dont get hurt and no pun intended- i am not trying to hurt you or throw dirt on your post , its just that i have seen so many systems that play with your imagination looking back - but going forward they cause havoc to your account.

Thanks for sharing.

Traderbeauty-Jane

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been running this strategy for a week now and its good & bad. Good when you have a long trend and you ride the trade; bad when you have a sideway market and you'll loose $$. You're best bet is to use a longer time frame (ie RS 12-1) and manually close the trade when you're profiting. Also you do not want to trade both direction. Pick one direction and switch accordingly when the market pops up or down like these pass two days.

I've been running this strategy for a week now and its good & bad. Good when you have a long trend and you ride the trade; bad when you have a sideway market and you'll loose $$. You're best bet is to use a longer time frame (ie RS 12-1) and manually close the trade when you're profiting. Also you do not want to trade both direction. Pick one direction and switch accordingly when the market pops up or down like these pass two days.

see my post 97 I say the same thing

Please, this is not the place to talk about indicators that don't work at all. Let's back to serious talking and focus on order flow , CD particularly.

Could you please set aside all those indicators that only sellers (vendors) are winners.

Sorry to be so brutal, but back to reality folks.

regards,

Please, this is not the place to talk about indicators that don't work at all. Let's back to serious talking and focus on order flow , CD particularly.

Could you please set aside all those indicators that only sellers (vendors) are winners.

regards,

I'm afraid that is reality for most traders.

regards,

I would agree with you to keep the thread on topic. But I would differ with you on the value of indicators in general. I like to examine all the indicators that come my way. How does the trader know that the indicator won't fit somehow into their unique style. A style of their own that all traders should aspire to. The style that works best for them. Otherwise you are relying on the opinions of others on what is good for you.

From all indicators I can learn:

Is the indicator based on another indicator?

If so which one?

Have they improved on the original indicator.

How did they go about accomplishing it.

How did they succeed?

How did they fail?

What was the developer trying to accomplish with the indicator.

How did they succeed?

How did they fail?

What was the trading method they sought to emulate?

How did they succeed?

How did they fail?

Can the indicator be made to work or work better?

Etc.

To my mind there is a lot to be learned from indicators of all sorts. The newer a trader is to trading the more so. But it has to be learned firsthand. Even if that means just having firsthand experience with what doesn't work.

Now back on topic.

@wanderer : absolutely right. I have been involved in a hedge fund for a couple of years running a book of options & covering positions on the future markets. To be honsest with you, we hadn't indicators & all those garbages have been designed for individuals that have no idea how the market is working. If you want to a successful trader you have first to trade hedging options & second focus on order flow because I knew the power of having a large order in the hands.... So please back to the topic and let's have serious talking about the fuel of the market : Volume

Hi guy

we dont need any strategy only price and volume for long term tading , set your risk and trade!!

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/20438/20140711-u8gt-171kb.jpg

regard

Hi @thedriver.. can you tell us what the volume indi on the bottom panel is please ....

Sorry I dont remember , here you go https://www.sendspace.com/file/0rx1zp

copy the cs file in your ..\bin\Custom\Indicator folder and compile it!!

enjoy

Thanks thedriver for the indicator but pay attention to the color of the volume histogram, it is not correct. If you compare it with Gom CD indicator (not comulative mode) you can see that sometimes it is green (that mean aggressive buyers) while Gom CD show a red bar (that means more sellers than buyers).

Maybe some good programmer can correct this error.

• 3 weeks later...
I think this thread has gotten way off topic for a true CD user. I have used CD as one of my main decision points for well over 3 years, and for me it works very well. I can tell you that there is no system with the exception of considerable SCREEN TIME. There are some decent educational material out there like Fulcrum traders to get you started, but truth be told... understanding the subtle nuances of divergence/accumalation/ect and when it can be best applied can only be learned visually and mostly when pairing it with one specific product as CD tends to behave quite differently from one product to another.

As for me there are other volume factors that accompany my decision such as "balance development" of the current RTH daily VP, a composite Volume Profile and an order flow ladder to confirm absorption/accumulation/follow thru in and around lvn's\hvn's or POC's, some Fib areas, ect..., but they are only there as confirmation on what I see happening on the screen as CD starts to develop. I am an old school trader and maybe some may disagree but I consider volume to be king. I use no indicators ( I dont consider CD/Volume and indicator) just pure volume to show me where areas of interest are or aren't. Volume does not lie... it can be a simple as that, but, as I said, I think it all requires considerable screen time. I see all these crazy indicators come and go.. people searching for the holy grail ( not that I havent tried some of them myself), relying on a some indicator that they dont truly understand how it works to tell them when to trade.. just blows my mind. No disrespect intended to those of you that do understand the fundamental workings of your indicators.

You have to remember almost all of these indicators rely on three factors...time, volume and/or price.....master those fundamentals and you yourself can be your own best indicator.

Yes, by far one of the best.

I also believe there is some advantage in this kind of analysis, but not in every instrument and not all the time.

I think it needs some expertise and educaded descision making as well. Keep posting. :)