Trading computer

exp48967

Try to get an i7, with min 8 GB ram @ 1600DDR3. AMD processors are fast but not as much as Intel, but they produce a lot of heat and you have to put a AC fcooler fan on it when trading in a hot area during the summer. IF possible get a battery backup that can handle the computer and monitor for 5-8 minutes.

For trading should only use a SSD v. HD. It is night and day v. the two. When I was trading the CL last year it had lag during the oil report, thought it was my data. After installing the SSD....no lag whatsoever...so SSD for sure.

I'm planning to buy a new computer to start realtime trading.

What to buy?

Better cpu i5, i7...AMD cpu's are good?

How much ram?

SSD vs traditional HD?

I don't want to spend too much $$$.

Thanks in advance for help.

Guest jjfunds

fro trading fundamental specs are:

CPU nothing less I7

RAM Begin with 16 i recomnd defintly 32

DISK: SSD

AND WINDOWS 64 BITS 8 OR 7 VERSION ARE GOOD

A GOOD ATIRADEON WITH 5 EYEFINITY DISPLYAPORT OUTS

AND 3 OR MORE GOOD MONITORS

Actually I use for demo 2 monitors and for now they looks fine: this month 77.33% profitable (testing only in the evening) :D .

I want to concentrate on cpu, ram and ssd.

Hi exp48967---since U thru it out there--I will ask 77.3% are U willing to share Ur methodology??

After all Ur the one that brought it up?

Thanks in advance

I recommend any cheap computer which can connect to the internet and has just enough specs for you to trade successfully....does not have to be the top of the range......It is NOT the computer which decides whether you will be successful in forex or not...it is YOU who makes the difference!

Agree with you but believe me that on my old computer is panic everytime I need to reload something.

Many thanks for support.

I think I'll go for an i5, 16GB ram and 120Gb SSD (I think is enough for os and NT) with the idea to expand in the future, that mean a good mother board, also because i want to buy NT.

@newbie0101: I will share for sure when I think is good enough to be presented to the forum.

This is my first "serious" demo month and I have to reduce losses, need patience, I test only after work and hurry sometimes kill me 8-) , I'm learning.

http://content.screencast.com/users/SN2005gl/folders/Jing/media/cd3c7701-d8e7-4cb9-bebe-13782813f04b/2014-06-26_2224.png

Take care.