Need to cure Tr*dingTheT*pe strat

wrx74

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Yamantaka, I need to clearify the 88%. The software, generates some support and resistance lines/areas, that with the divergent dots, show good trades areas. My Dads friend uses it as a discretionary system, only using the system to help with trading areas, he doesn't take all entries....Again, the 88%, was his entries....taking 2-6 trades a day, and using multiple cars. Last week he was 9-1, the week before 12-1. He has been trading this since june, so it took him about 10 weeks to understand the system and how to use the software. Hope that helps...Yam, we all know the holy Grail of trading...is sadly stil lbetween our ears, there are no shortcuts. The software is just a tool. The true edge is still staying within your money management.

@AndyS,

If you're going to test this, please report your findings. Trading ZB with a 1 tick RR and 88% win rate is a Holy Grail.

Hi Yamantaka, I need to clearify the 88%. The software, generates some support and resistance lines/areas, that with the divergent dots, show good trades areas. My Dads friend uses it as a discretionary system, only using the system to help with trading areas, he doesn't take all entries....Again, the 88%, was his entries....taking 2-6 trades a day, and using multiple cars. Last week he was 9-1, the week before 12-1. He has been trading this since june, so it took him about 10 weeks to understand the system and how to use the software. Hope that helps...Yam, we all know the holy Grail of trading...is sadly stil lbetween our ears, there are no shortcuts. The software is just a tool. The true edge is still staying within your money management.

Your dad's friend uses the indi/strategy for ZB? The author seems to insist on using it ONLY for ZB

Hi forexmanic, that is correct only the ZB. Not really sure why, I bet the cs is only written to include the ZB, and since the high volume helps with S/R areas. Also, watch the ES, as it tends to be counter proxy to the ZB.

Your dad's friend uses the indi/strategy for ZB? The author seems to insist on using it ONLY for ZB

Hi forexmanic, that is correct only the ZB. Not really sure why, I bet the cs is only written to include the ZB, and since the high volume helps with S/R areas. Also, watch the ES, as it tends to be counter proxy to the ZB.

The "system", or "indicator", was coded to filter out high volume trades with a positive delta surge of >2000 in the direction of the trade.

Last year I had studied and tested this "system/indicator" objectively last year and found it to be completely subjective, arbitrary, and useless. The author had coded the system for his own trading but had failed for obvious reasons I just stated above, he then turned around to sell the "system" (which will guarantee you to lose money if you use its signals) as monthly subscription for about $40 a month, we had discussions with the author on this board last year (I don't know if the thread still alive, I started the thread if I remember correctly), he came to this board tried to market his system.

The "OBVIOUS" is: if the "system" works, why would he need to sell the subscription? why didn't he just trade the system himself and print his own money? these questions were asked last year, and he of course could not answer them and he left the room.

If anyone still believes that he or she can buy a "system" that "works", I really don't have anything to say to them, they will continue to search for such systems instead of using the energy to learn about markets and trading.

• 3 months later...
Hi,

orderflow need to be understanded and trading it automatically can be a wrong path.

I cannot agree more, but if everyone comes to this realization and started to learn to understand how to read orderflow and how to trade, the multi-billion dollar tradings systems and indicators industry would collapse overnight, I don't see that is going to happen any time soon, may be never will, because the human nature has not changed since the beginning of time. If humans become rational, then there will be no trading markets for pro professional traders to profit from the vast majority of non-professional market participants.

so which side do we want to be with, professional, or retail? and what are we going to do accordingly? These are not retarded questions, I know what most people's answer would be, I also know what they would actually do (unfortunately, they won't take the action congruently, but rather they would take the same actions that retail traders take)

Isn't it time for us to wake up from this unconscious human flaw?

Conventional methods of reading order flow, the way all "educators" who sell it teach - is worthless. The way professional money approach trading, the resources they use and "games" they play - can not be deciphered by primitive retail software sold out there. A good professional platform will trade 3000 contracts to accumulate a few hundred net deltas. I honestly believe that out of all trading methods sold out there - order flow indicators are most damaging to one's ability to make money in trading, Don't get me wrong, true actual order flow would be helpful to know, we just don't have the tools to read it.

Good trading,

to say that without software traders cannot read the orderflow, it is the same as saying great tape readers like Wyckoff and Jesse Livermore can not read the tape.

They do read the tape, from the actual tape, the ticker tape.

Ticker tape is now "time and sale", all charting software have this feature.

One can read the order flow from time and sale, or from DOM/level-2, or both; they can also use footprint chart.

There is no need for fancy software to read the tape. Tape reading is a time tested, proven technique that does not require the use of computer software, although there is no harm for using software for tape reading.

The times during which Livermore and Wyckoff successfully read the tape are long gone. We don't have a slightest idea what kind of order flow we are looking at. With all the volume in Indexes related to arbitrage these days makes watching order flow a fool's game. I read interesting report which had mostly to do with high frequency trading recently, and HFT is responsible for more than half of that same order flow. Number one job of those computer geeks, who are paid millions by the way for it, is to make sure that their algo is structured in such a way that no conventional tools can make any sense of which side of the market they are on. Algo goes from being aggressive one second to passive the next, it will remove the bid and hit the offer 10 times....all inside one minute, it reads retail intentions and trades like an open book.

So yes, like I said earlier - good all fashioned tape reading was very useful, but those were times of simple long or short, not so simple today.

Every single order flow program out there pushes ability to spot smart money movement, now smart money is obviously big money, but for every big buy execution there is equally large sell on the other end, so who is smart here ?

The only pure form of directional play left out there is what retail traders do, so instead of trying to spot large size, they should be selling something that they use to make money - spotting times when all retailers move in with heard mentality, and all those thousands of one an two lot trades going through on the offer is all one needs out of order flow to make money, yeap...take the other side of all those one and two lots. That is the info worth paying for, not the battle of giants.

unless the HFT trades occurred in dark pool, they will be visible in time and sale. it's true that HFT trades are hard to read even with time and sale or other software, but they are not as invincible as people believed. HFT trades are programmed by humans, many so called HFT strategies are pretty dumb and predictable, many HFT shops went out of business and many more are on the way out.

There are plenty of resources available for trades who seek to understand how HFT strategies work and how to develop their own HFT strategies. You won't be able to do that with traditional charting software and retail execution platform, you would need the new breed of Quant-HFT custom platform usually coded in C++, C#, Python, R, Mathlab, and SQL or the new breed database like NoSQL, NewSQL, DuoDB, VoltDB, etc. Many retail traders are already doing that, head to bigmiketrading.com elite circle and you will see tens of thousands of posts discussing them.

for the traditional retail traders without deep pockets and advanced tech skills, the manual order flow reading approach is their best chance to make it in today's markets, indicators approach will not work in trading, never did and never will.

Retailers will never catch up to serious money, how can they ? Large Funds higher the best talent and throw millions at them to create what they need, in this sense the field will always remain uneven, regardless of how many guys discuss it in big mike Forum. Retailers are still trying to make sense of HFT, and big guys already phasing it out in favor of something new and better. This is the point I was trying to make - trading with order flow is trying to beat biggest guys at their own game, and that never paid off for anyone.

Actually I disagree about Indicators, most Indicators can be used profitably in trading, the problem most traders have with Indicators is that they never really take the time to learn what that Indicator strength and weaknesses are, and using it in the context meant by it's developer. I have seen guys making good money with the simple moving average crossover, but they understood the Market they were trading, the time frame to be used, and most importantly they understood that Indicator is only a tool to get them in to the trade, nothing more, the rest was simply their ability to trade and manage risk.

In any case, IMHO - order flow tools are meant to sound great, they look interesting and complex enough, but at the same time they take you down the path of competing with forces you can not possibly out smart or out trade...it is their style and their back yard.

With that said - good luck to anyone who is using it for trading.

• 4 weeks later...

Joining the requests and resuming the discussion coz in my opinion too less importance has been given to this tool...... Vids are better than software itself, it's all order management... the interesting thing is to see how he trades the ZN... Approched this market few months ago and it's pretty easy to follow the flow using stops really closed to entry.... If you follow ALL the rules in the files from 2013 it's a pretty nice start!

Here old stuff from july 2013 if anyone still interested...

http://ul.to/ehwhu213

http://ul.to/irpaxx0w

http://ul.to/oxotluyu

http://ul.to/40h6a7tf

http://ul.to/h5j0yuyo

http://ul.to/23dhsg9c

Looking the site it seems the developer stopped using this for something new much better but no videos around about the new version... trying to contact him...

Edited by 1Tick

Well spoken wcicom.

If I am not mistaken the big exchanges including ice just banned HFT starting january 15 or something so maybe now reading the tape will be simpler.

User33- do you see any difference now after HFT is gone ? ( reading the tape ).

If they ban HFT it will be the end of HARDscalping.

In the other hand "They" would be cleaner to be seen by our eyes as they will be able to use "ONLY" legal types of order, such as icebergs and any other legal known limit order...

"The ICE, owner of the New York Stock Exchange and Wall Street's bond and futures exchanges as well as many others *********, is poised to ban a raft of "disruptive trading practices" used by many electronic, high-frequency trading (HFT) houses.

Taking effect from 14 January, ICE said it will outlaw strategies that are designed to mislead other traders.

ICE said in a press release on Tuesday that it was providing "additional clarification as to the types of practices that are prohibited", with these including trades that were entered with “intent to overload, delay, or disrupt the systems of the exchange or other market participants” and the “intent to cancel the order before execution”.

Such sly trading practices are known in the trade as "frontrunning", "quote-stuffing", "churning" and "subpennying".

According to the Financial Times, the exchange owner has followed rival CME Group's similar ban four months ago, as both companies attempt to balance a clampdown established under the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reform as well as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) ban on "spoofing" and other underhand trading practices, while not being so harsh as to deter proprietary traders.

The ICE added that using “momentum ignition” strategies, whereby a market participant initiates a series of orders or trades in an attempt to ignite a price movement in that market or a related market, will also soon be banned."

"It said these strategies "may violate the rules. If the momentum igniting orders were intended to be canceled before execution, or if the orders were intended to mislead others. If the conduct was intended to create artificially high or low prices, this may also constitute a violation of the rules."

Momentum ignition is where a highly leveraged product such as the US dollar-Japanese yen (USD/JPY) currency pair is momentarily ramped up by high-frequency traders and has its momentum "ignited", with the subsequent rush of momentum hitting all other risk assets."

Momentum Ignition ROCKS!A LOT!

Tools like the one you can't talk here and the new AuctDash will be the best! Just my2cents...

Edited by 1Tick

Joining the requests and resuming the discussion coz in my opinion too less importance has been given to this tool...... Vids are better than software itself, it's all order management... the interesting thing is to see how he trades the ZN... Approched this market few months ago and it's pretty easy to follow the flow using stops really closed to entry.... If you follow ALL the rules in the files from 2013 it's a pretty nice start!

Here old stuff from july 2013 if anyone still interested...

http://ul.to/ehwhu213

http://ul.to/irpaxx0w

http://ul.to/oxotluyu

http://ul.to/40h6a7tf

http://ul.to/h5j0yuyo

http://ul.to/23dhsg9c

Looking the site it seems the developer stopped using this for something new much better but no videos around about the new version... trying to contact him...

what is this?

All the vids were around in 2013... But in July 2014 the guy changed something in his way to trade and then no more videos on youtube and all went private and just to take a look closer you have to pay 1750K upfront....

I believe he trades only on icebergs in HVN simply entering inside the price so to play with zero/one tick stop... If the iceber holds it's a runner if it drops it drops coz they also exit the position using stops and ingniting the market the opposit direction...

It's quite the same I have been trading now for a while... if you can't play big lots it's not this amazing amount of money but enough. The key is to build a big enough balance to play hard, it takes time and dedication and not everyone is patient enough...

Edited by 1Tick