Need to cure Tr*dingTheT*pe strat

wrx74

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear, there is no need to add any indicators. Just add the strategy @TTT_Auto_OF and under general settings, account type you want to make sure you are in sim mode, and that enabled is set to true. After the strategy is loaded on your chart, on the top left corner (right under the symbol), there is an off button. turn that on, and you should be good to go.

Just to be clear, there is no need to add any indicators. Just add the strategy @TTT_Auto_OF and under general settings, account type you want to make sure you are in sim mode, and that enabled is set to true. After the strategy is loaded on your chart, on the top left corner (right under the symbol), there is an off button. turn that on, and you should be good to go.

these are basic steps. once you load the strategy you are automatically in sim mode, and pressing the off button, well its not working.. main question is, where are the order flow values that should appear on the right side? the strategy reads them to enter trades..

Noam,

The only other thing I could think of is making sure you are starting Ninja with AT Interface enabled.

hmm.. if you mean checking that little box next to the strategy and the strategy turns green - than yes, did that.. still nothing

did anyone here get any trades?

hmm.. if you mean checking that little box next to the strategy and the strategy turns green - than yes, did that.. still nothing

did anyone here get any trades?

Yes, I did it. Try to start with a new workspace, close everything else. Create a fresh and clean chart (for this purposes let's start with the ZN 500vol 11 days to load). On the new, just created new chart - disable the ChartTrader. Make sure in your chart properties settings you have enough wide a right marigin (set it to 250-300, later you can try to adjust it). Your background should be dark and a descriptions light.

Connect to your datafeed provider or market replay.

Add the strategy to the chart. Change the hours of session (based on your time zone), nothing else and enable the strategy.

Pushing down the upper left button in the dashboard of strategy is irrelevant to see only the "numbers" (vol. profile) on the right side of screen.

Is there a manual or a video that explains what is going on there ?

In the youtube and his site videos he just describes whats is happening but its hard to understand what are we looking for and what kind of setting should we use.

I am not interested in the automated part of it- i want to see if this can help me as an extra tool to enter at a certain level etc.

Will this tool- strategy will display the volume spread better and clearer than other indicators like market balance or acme or gom ?

Did anybody try to use it in real time ?

Thanks in advance.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Edited by Traderbeauty

I managed to try it, too. Many thanx to wrx74 and admis!

Forward tested today as blackbox, just the orderflow based execution on and some playing with the volume settings. As i don't yet know how to proper handle it i got mostly stopouts in the thick markets. As it is to be handled with discretion and with some learning curve, this is no surprise.

Not shure how to spot the retracements, was a choppy day..

I am trying to maybe use it as some kind of automatic stopmanagement to save stress and to be quickly out at opposing volume. That would be very cool to cure losing profits, full stopouts and guessinggames while positioned. A feature that ninja or plugins like trademanager, ****** etc. are really missing over cqg trader or TT, i think.

Edited by k33

These files are from the membership section....some are the best of the best from a folder marked private...see if they help. Just a thought since I haven't used this, wondering how it compares to the OFA strategy? 2 files first one is 280 MB and he second is 60MB. Hope it solves some problems.

1. https://www.sendspace.com/file/4dbtlc

2. https://www.sendspace.com/file/dcwcci

Is there a manual or a video that explains what is going on there ?

In the youtube and his site videos he just describes whats is happening but its hard to understand what are we looking for and what kind of setting should we use.

I am not interested in the automated part of it- i want to see if this can help me as an extra tool to enter at a certain level etc.

Will this tool- strategy will display the volume spread better and clearer than other indicators like market balance or acme or gom ?

Did anybody try to use it in real time ?

Thanks in advance.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Thanks Nate- I ran it today live on few ES charts. Seems like it makes no difference to which chart you run it on, you get the same thing, i could not mak a head or tail of it, so many buttons.

You can move your mouse over the buttons and it will tell you what each of them is doing, but i have no clue where to start from and what am i looking for.

The numbers that were running above and bellow this little red/green arrow are just the bid and ask offers and bids from a standard ladder - which serve no purpose for me so not sure if the whole thing is any good.

tried to watch his free videos but it was a waste of time, he does not explain what is going on.

Going to watch the 2 private videos and post some feedback.

Thanks

Jane

The main feature of the strategy are the green- red dots.

For some reason I am not getting them .

I did installed the strategy, activated it and pushed the AOFA top left button,

NO DOTS- that is live on ES 500 volume.

Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance

Traderbeauty-Jane

And probably you have an orange dots... The colors (down/up) you can change in the parameters of strategy.

Thanks Admis and K33

trying to do that but getting confused by all the options- which one should i change to get the settings same as the videos ?

another question- since i never dealt with strategies lol- in my understanding- i need to disable the strategy to change its settings ?

Thanks a lot- its just harder because on top of that i am trading :)

I really want to test this tool - maybe these dots can be helpful at a certain level when i want to enter.

Jane

Seems admis was faster. Yes, first you have to disable the strat. I have these dots with default settings at high volume turning points. Maybe the volume settings, that trigger the trades play also a role for dot painting. You can change these without disabling the strat with the +- buttons on the top line. Edited by k33

Thanks K33 and Admis.

I did try but NO DOTS, i am using a 500 volume with their suggestion for volume pivots etc which are 100 400 and 800 - but again - no dots.

let me ask you- if the default color is orange- then i should get orange dots ? so i changed my background color to transparent so i can see any color dots.

please if you can- post an image of your settings- maybe i am doing something wrong here.

Thanks again

jane

btw- we just hit a daily huge fib- i expect the market to retrace from here to at least 1906 .

hope it helps- i shorted at 1974.25 and keeping all shorts for a nice profit ( thats on top of the day trading )

hope it helps- remember- early close today.

jane

Who knows that for sure... It can be as well ~1980,25 (127.2 ext). It's the reason the volume can be helpful.