{req}

Guest jjfunds

He's a dumbed-down version of Al Brooks. Instead of an intellectual retired, reclusive ophthalmologist turned ES price action scalper who likes to name everything he sees different from the norm, you get Mack, a good 'ol boy (US southern term, sorry international guys/gals) you could have easily met at the Waffle House or an interstate truck stop. [i wouldn't be surprised if Mack is just re-commercializing Brooks]

Brooks realized, after his first book, that people trying to duplicate his ES 2 pt stop, 1 pt target approach were just not capable enough to maintain an 80%+ win pct so they either treaded water or got their accounts wiped trying. When he came out with the three book series on PAT, he backed away from that kind of trade management. However, Mack is still trying to promote that.

I'm indifferent on the above because it's super, super discretionary. However, I'm biased now. I like what I see more in Jane's (TraderBeauty) approach to the markets. It's not dependent upon taking upside-down risk. If I were ever going to take upside-down risk, it had better be a computer-traded, super mechanical approach because I would not stand a chance doing that with my finger on the mouse button.

Edited by lbf4223

Thanks lbf4223 for your comments. I have read all books of al brooks and watched his "Trading Price Action Trading Course". I have also read YTC and PAT's manual. Don't you think, reading al brooks' all books on each theory having so many complicated things is a challenging job, it would take someone years to learn. When I read PAT's manual, it really helped me, actually PAT gives you a way of trading. Edited by santoshv2k

I like PATS ideas but I think you have to experiment with the ES data series instead locking into 2000 tick which could lead to fat tails and big bodies. It is a highly discretionary method and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were other variables that only a seasoned trader would know in order to take or pass on a trade. However, in a very strong trend where the curve is a 45 degree angle, it's like shooting ducks in a barrel.

But, of course, it's easy to tell folks where you took trades in hindsight on a redacted chart after the market closes. Al Brooks is a master of this and in my opinion, he is a phony. Better to find teachers who are also live traders posting their DOM for you to see and follow in realtime.

Edited by yamantaka