N@vi Trend trades

yamantaka

Lisa- all my orders other than stops are LIMIT- never chase the market ; and if it moves away too fast for a good fill then either forget about this entry or wait till it comes closer for you so you can get a better entry.

I wait for the navi to trigger and then i enter few ticks above, that is why i only trade the ES , almost always ( not at the open of course ) you can get a good fill 2 or 3 ticks above or bellow the signal, my stop is 1 tick bellow/ above/ last high/ low - so normally it will be 3-4 ticks.

i never use atm, no need with the es.

i exited half at the double bottom and the rest i was aiming at a fib extension 1.618 which obviously i never got.

regarding the stop trailing- as i explained before- you cannot use any of these BS paining dots , its worthless, it will work beautifully when the move is fast and strong, but on a chop area you will exit too early.

Jane

Jane, you said you are waiting for the Navi to signal for your entry. On the chart you've shown there is a green Navi triangle on the 38.2% but above you said "once we got to the 38 i did not get a signal - look at the chart- SO I WAITED FOR A SIGNAL AT THE NEXT LEVEL WHICH WAS 50". Is there something I am missing here? It looks like there was a signal at 38, so is there another filter that caused you not to take that one and wait for the 50? Thanks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flipper- read my previous instructions- price MUST touch the fib , coming close to is not enough, that signal that was a loser did not touch the 38 so i did not take it, fast enough the 38 was broken so i knew to wait for the next level which was the 50 which came right after. all we need is patience lol.

jane

flipper- read my previous instructions- price MUST touch the fib , coming close to is not enough, that signal that was a loser did not touch the 38 so i did not take it, fast enough the 38 was broken so i knew to wait for the next level which was the 50 which came right after. all we need is patience lol.

jane

Must've missed that, thanks for the clarification TB. Appreciate all your posts.

Hi yamantaka, yesterday I installed/imported some indicators and I tried your indicators and template also and don't know why, since then I've been getting an annoying sound during live market, it seems as ANYGRYBIRD game sound. I removed all indicator from chart, even then I am getting this sound. I think, it's a signal or b/o alert but not able to find out. Can you tell me 'what is this'?

Thanks,

san

Hi yamantaka, yesterday I installed/imported some indicators and I tried your indicators and template also and don't know why, since then I've been getting an annoying sound during live market, it seems as ANYGRYBIRD game sound. I removed all indicator from chart, even then I am getting this sound. I think, it's a signal or b/o alert but not able to find out. Can you tell me 'what is this'?

Thanks,

san

I have no idea, sorry.

Thanks,

san

You probable have multiple "Workspaces" active, and one of those Workspaces has a chart with the offending indi.

Go to File/Workspaces to see which ones you have active...activate each Workspace to find the chart with the offending bird noise! ;)

If that doesn't work....try Control Center and the log tab to see the error....if one is printed out.

You probable have multiple "Workspaces" active, and one of those Workspaces has a chart with the offending indi.

Go to File/Workspaces to see which ones you have active...activate each Workspace to find the chart with the offending bird noise! ;)

Edited by tradernate

Thanks Lisa and nate.

@Lisa, I tried all workspaces one by one but it was giving that annoying sound with every workspace.

@Nate, I did not find any log concerning it.

Finally, I backed up all workspaces and removed all from its directory and then found that the annoying sound was no more. I opened all workspaces *.xml one by one and searched the text as "alert" and I got one with. I removed the workspace having alert text and put all workspace in its directory again now the problem is solved.

I've been doing something very similar. I use the template but I wait for a break of a previous swing low and then draw a fib off the swing high to the new swing low and enter a pending at the 61.8 minus a tic for spread. Today so far made (demo) $312.50. Eight winning trades and one loss. Would like to tune it to 'take the ride' though because i was only taking 1 point at a time mostly.

I've been doing something very similar. I use the template but I wait for a break of a previous swing low and then draw a fib off the swing high to the new swing low and enter a pending at the 61.8 minus a tic for spread. Today so far made (demo) $312.50. Eight winning trades and one loss. Would like to tune it to 'take the ride' though because i was only taking 1 point at a time mostly.

Nice. How about posting a pic of that setup w/fib?

Yamantaka, many thanks for opening this thread. I like the honesty of this crowd. They're "indicator busters", not losing sight of what's most important. In the case of this "trend" indicator, I think it's very clear that the real-time aspect of it is that it's simply labeling ALL reversals off of a standard NT Keltner Channel setting (whereas the historical price fill convienently SKIPS OVER ALL reversals because of the advantage of foresight).

But hey, simple things can work and that's what we're all here for. If your coder hasn't come up with a few months backtest yet because he's still in the throws of recent marital bliss, I might try my hand at getting some interim results. On an RJRS setting of 2-1, I don't know what the trade entry miss rate would be on a limit order. But, as I found out in my first year (10.5 yrs ago), you have a 100% chance of getting stuck with all the losers (very, very small trading joke).

Edited by lbf4223

Yamantaka, many thanks for opening this thread. I like the honesty of this crowd. They're "indicator busters", not losing sight of what's most important. In the case of this "trend" indicator, I think it's very clear that the real-time aspect of it is that it's simply labeling ALL reversals off of a standard NT Keltner Channel setting (whereas the historical price fill convienently SKIPS OVER ALL reversals because of the advantage of foresight).

But hey, simple things can work and that's what we're all here for. If your coder hasn't come up with a few months backtest yet because he's still in the throws of recent marital bliss, I might try my hand at getting some interim results. On an RJRS setting of 2-1, I don't know what the trade entry miss rate would be on a limit order. But, as I found out in my first year (10.5 yrs ago), you have a 100% chance of getting stuck with all the losers (very, very small trading joke).

I like the joke. :))

In fast markets, I 've been having success with StopLimit orders manually. In ES, I think you should be able to have some degree of success with Limit orders. Of course, you can take markets orders at your own risk of slippage, but I can't because I'm scalping.

The coder is returning this week. Hopefully, the honeymoon will be over and he can get this done, but it isn't rocket science for any experienced C# programmer.

IBF- Thank you very much for your insight.

Just checked it- the volume is so low that i would be very careful to trade it.

BUT...- it seems to me as a GREAT TOOL that is LEADING the ES .

It moves much faster than the ES and if you are looking for a signal on the es just wait till you get it first on the EMD. its a wonderful supporting tool and i thank you again.

Traderbeauty-Jane

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like alerts too!

Does anyone have alerts for the Navi Trend indicator? The CS source files have been posted but do not compile. They seem to be fragmented into numerous files and it is hard to identify which file the compile messages are referring to. I think this would be very helpful with so many people using them.

Thanks, W.

Yamatake, how has this been working for you. I'm teaching a frind of mine how to trade and, lest he end up all brainwashed, I'm teaching him basic trading using volume profile, navitrend and 6-2/2-1 renko spectrum. Was wondering how this method described in the first port is working out for you. I may want to make some changes.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Frankly, I'm in the process of testing the removal of Navi from my trading charts and just using a modified 50 MA. IMO, Navi does give some false signals and misses some other good ones. Obviously, nothing is 100% in this business. I'm just trying to get the best edge with minimal inputs.

Was wondering how that was coming along.