My Projections Tool

salmanyom

Sorry forgot to brief the idea.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6x4u7r

Basically price follows the path of circles and when two circles collide, turning point is imminent.

I am working on a way to determine when the price levels will hold and when it will break and how long it will take to the circle line that contains the price.

Coming back.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi salmanyom,

I think I upset you with my early post in this thread. I will try not to do it this time, but do want to get a few things across.

Circles of equal size will not hold up very well except for very short term swings. Cyclical nature of price movement is not static - using same size circles suggests that it is. Even if we will consider dreaded Elliott Wave....swings do not have 100% relation to each other. Yes...there are some swings which are symmetrical ( and they are great to find ), but they are rare and often quite a few swings back.

Again, hope I am not offending you with what I am saying, but any methodology which does not originate with consideration of overall trend, market structure and volatility environment - will not produce solid lasting results. There is no one approach which works for all Markets and all Market conditions, that's why even best systems out there work great for a few months ( while Market conditions fit the system ) and start failing badly once Market behavior changes.

Best,

Sam

Hi salmanyom,

I think I upset you with my early post in this thread. I will try not to do it this time, but do want to get a few things across.

Circles of equal size will not hold up very well except for very short term swings. Cyclical nature of price movement is not static - using same size circles suggests that it is. Even if we will consider dreaded Elliott Wave....swings do not have 100% relation to each other. Yes...there are some swings which are symmetrical ( and they are great to find ), but they are rare and often quite a few swings back.

Again, hope I am not offending you with what I am saying, but any methodology which does not originate with consideration of overall trend, market structure and volatility environment - will not produce solid lasting results. There is no one approach which works for all Markets and all Market conditions, that's why even best systems out there work great for a few months ( while Market conditions fit the system ) and start failing badly once Market behavior changes.

Best,

Sam

It is okay.

I agree with you upon the market structure, volatility and conditions change over time and to be successful one must have adaptable system that will go with the general trend of markets.

And yes each price swing has its own characteristics (no. of bars, time length, price move, slope etc.) but they remain relevant at least from statistical perspective. If you look back in historical charts of any instrument you would notice old support/resistance levels in the left hand sight are still respected by the current price. This can be seen easily by watching for higher volume at these levels, fast move, or even small gaps.

By using the same for the recent price movements, I can measure size of the next price move which will help me setting up exit points in advance and stay in the immediate trend longer.

• 1 year later...

I have made significant progress. Now I can produce time forecasts along with price targets that will be hit within a specific time range.

The forecasts are pretty accurate and it is time for me to try them. So what I am planning to do is to work on daily chart trying to project next swing high or low date and potential targets to be reached within that projected time range.

So if we expect the market to go up within few days, we can fine tune our short-term trading methods and filter trade setups in line with higher time frame trend. I am not sure if this is the best idea of implementing this research as I am interested only on how the accurate the forecasts will be.

If you are interested just PM me with your email.

There are people here who can make websites and manage them. If someone can, help please PM me.

Hie salmanyom ,

I am new to this thread. I went through the send space links but unfortunately they are not available. Happy to here that u Developed a tool for swing projection. I have a question regarding the swing turns . R u using previous swings taking into consideration of specific timeframe to calculate probability of turns , any ratios used as each instrument has specific harmony,r using any statistical models to calculate moves . Just to know the main process ur using

Thanking u

Sorry forgot to brief the idea.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6x4u7r

Basically price follows the path of circles and when two circles collide, turning point is imminent.

I am working on a way to determine when the price levels will hold and when it will break and how long it will take to the circle line that contains the price.

Coming back.

This is only re-uploaded image from the above post (which I've found in my archives):

Checking_my_work_2.jpg

• 8 months later...