Macd indicator with alert for divergence

Billy1960

Use this one, it allows you to use MACD among any other indicator of your liking.

https://anonfiles.com/file/ff378e96c58e534f38264c85b24825ed

This video (about 2:17 min mark) shows you how to input series data correctly to plot any indicator divergence on your chart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctHJ6lzN-nc

hope it helps.

Divergence will kill you.

normally- unless the market is slow it does not mean anything.

When the market is strong you can have multiple diverecences and the market will ignore them all and will continue on its way.

You should watch the legs and follow their direction - you will do much better than trying to go against the market.

jane

Well said TB, that's the reason why one should always know what to do any given time and also when to apply what to any market conditions. As an example, bullish divergences on strong trending market are excellent to enter after price reversal paired with a fib's strike zone (the opposite is also true for descending prices)... a combination hard to beat in my opinion, small stop with huge profit target.

Swordfish

you are absolutely right- the problem is that almost anyone that is using divergence is using it most of the times to go against the market- assuming - mistakenly that there is a reversal coming.

The truth is the div will only brng you most of the time to the previous support- reistance- where you should go back to the original move direction.

jane

I intent to check div for exit or for tidying stop loss in a high time frame.

I have saw the video but I cant insert it in the macd in order to see the lines in the indicator and the chart.

The whole macd disappears.

I don't know what I am doing wrong!

Anyone managed to inserted properly in ninja 7 to tell us what hehas donme with what settings ?

I saw the yourube video.

Thank you

Swordfish

you are absolutely right- the problem is that almost anyone that is using divergence is using it most of the times to go against the market- assuming - mistakenly that there is a reversal coming.

The truth is the div will only brng you most of the time to the previous support- reistance- where you should go back to the original move direction.

jane

Ditto. The need for bucking the trend might be a temptation too hard to resist for most. While by the same token, it might be easier to go with the path of least resistance collecting profits. I imagine that's makes trading boring and someone might argue the market doesn't trend most of time. True but there is a different approach for different market's conditions. For instance, if the market isn't trending then sit on your hands and wait for a retest of previous days highs or low and go with it. Better yet, if one can't spot a trade why force it? Just wait until it reveal itself. One of my favorite quotes is: "Trade what you see not what you think... no setup, no trade".