The box

yamantaka

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gavetso

i think the only way to keep Real people working closely on this is making a Simbolic monthly subscription

i will build the blog setup the server post the strat and indicator and i offering my c+ knwolge to inprove the strat

but i think we can put a 15$ montlhy payment to cover.

-server and ftp provete space

-Some help to developer team ( i think is simbolic share only)

-cover some extras as Cloud share service for whole group

and bakcups for all work in litlle vps.

tellme if the poeple are agree with this idea and we can begin to work today in the site as i told you

i have a good versoin strata i willshare but outside here becaseu as said Admin is necesary create real working groups

notice: im not requesting any money upfront here is only a idea how build a close blog about this Box method

please post ideas and tellme i willtry end the site today

Edited by gavetso

i think the only way to keep Real people working closely on this is making a Simbolic monthly subscription

i will build the blog setup the server post the strat and indicator and i offering my c+ knwolge to inprove the strat

but i think we can put a 15$ montlhy payment to cover.

-server and ftp provete space

-Some help to developer team ( i think is simbolic share only)

-cover some extras as Cloud share service for whole group

and bakcups for all work in litlle vps.

tellme if the poeple are agree with this idea and we can begin to work today in the site as i told you

i have a good versoin strata i willshare but outside here becaseu as said Admin is necesary create real working groups

notice: im not requesting any money upfront here is only a idea how build a close blog about this Box method

please post ideas and tellme i willtry end the site today

You had always "promise" what you want to do, to share, to give, but you had never, not once, delivered your "promise"!

Now, without delivering anything, not even one "THANK YOU", you are asking for money already?

Guest gavetso
nonono imnot offering nothing about money i willpost the strat an dindicator in a blog after that i think to close the comunicty we can colaborate to team is self to keep it active

Unfortunately, this is the nature of the beast on open forums. In fact, that what this forum is also doing through education, so let's not be hypocritical. Also, let's try to stay on topic.

I haven't seen much feedback on how others are doing with various instruments and inputs. Perhaps there's not as much interest as the views would suggest.

New testresults at http://hidemyass.com/img/hTY2G/

This is my third test running appr. 10 different charts on Market Replay over timeframe March 17 - April 11 2014 with TF 06-14.

The previous testresults have been shared here.

Please be aware of the following:

- Stoploss is differenrt ticks for all tests (I take chart ticks times 1,5 - so e.g. renkoHybrid chart of 4 ticks has stoploss of 4 times 1,5 = 6). Minimum stoploss is 5.

- One contract

- Test ran on Market replay data over timeframe March 17 to including April 11

- Trading only between GMT +01:00 between 08:00 and 20:00

- Any running trade will be exited at GMT +01:00 at 21:30

- No costs are included in results

Test 1:(already shared)

- In test 1 all trades are taken from the Box. So the first trade is taken either short or long, the second etc. until a new Box forms

- Target is the first target as calculated by the Box (blue line)

Test2:(already shared)

- See Test 1 but with change of stoploss = otherside of box

Test3:(shared in this post) Here the timeframe is March 17 - APril 9 appr. 18:00 as Ninja almost freezes so I take a snapshot. The 500x speed is almost as fast as real time (1 sec is 1 sec).

- See Test 1 but with change of stoploss = Mid

Conclusion compared to test 2: Stoploss as per developer gives indeed better results. However, the developer suggests not a stoploss at the top of the box, but at the top of the box plus one tick - and vice versa.

Anyone did testing as well for the Box? Any recommendation - based on testresults - for instruments or testsettings?[/B]

Re: Test 3

1) Are the outside box stops programmed in the code?

2) what is the profit target?

3) are you taking secondary trades?

4) How many trades were taken during this test?

5) Ratio of winners vs. losers?

6) Average profit per Trade (Gross profit divided by number od contracts traded)?

7) Are Rjay bars vers 1 or 2?

Edited by yamantaka

Anyone planning to take customers from this business to create a business of their own should have their IP banned. Starting with the person who has repeatedly claimed to have plans to do so. It is indicative of the ungrateful attitude that is destroying the cohesiveness of this forum and these projects. I think a small fee for access to a private area on this forum is a good idea. It would filter out all the deadbeats and ingrates. Those who just want to take the code and run to another site. Little basterds. If I had to name one person I think is the chief suspect it would be Gavetso.

Back to the topic of auto strategy, I've got a problem when trying to combine box indicator with auto strategy that depends on "Calculate on bar close=false" Only first box is appear after the strategy starting. Any way around it, can box draw boxes with bar close=false?

I work full time (and overtime) as a developer (C#), that's what pays the bills. It's hard to find the time during the week, but I can probably help with some coding during weekends, as long as it is done in a structured and organized manner. I was helping educating some indicators before, I had to stop because it sucked up all my free time.

Admis, since you are suggesting collaboration, I would be interested to know the following:

- Who is managing the project and how?

- What are the current assignments, and how are they managed?

- Who are the team members?

- Are you using any source control system?

- Any bug tracking system?

Warmest regards

BM

Thank you for your attention, bassmark. For now, only the idea was born. No details.

Cheers,

Yamantaka:

Re: Test 3

1) Are the outside box stops programmed in the code? Yes, );

2) what is the profit target? First target blue dotted line of the Box indicator set at 168 (original setting)

3) are you taking secondary trades? Yes.

4) How many trades were taken during this test? As I do not know how to save the test results I can not answer your question.

5) Ratio of winners vs. losers? See item 4.

6) Average profit per Trade (Gross profit divided by number od contracts traded)? See item 4.

7) Are Rjay bars vers 1 or 2? I do not know.

Edited by westvleteren