Bookmap for NT

2bno1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, they simply added more color in the Heatmap and charge you 49$ / month >:)

It's ridiculous

why you buy something for 50$ / month when you can get it for free in sierra chart

In demo, ninjatrader is the best platform

But in live trading sierra chart, is far away the best platform.

You have the order flow, Volume profile & market profile, Heatmap Like bookmap and a DOM ( customer ) like jig.saw or X-trader

All this in one package and cost less then 30$ / month and some brokers give you sierra for free after some trade

bookmap version 7 is out and the new features look really really good!!!

someone got the educated version?

thx

Edited by adnen_messaoudi

Yeah, they simply added more color in the Heatmap and charge you 49$ / month >:)

It's ridiculous

why you buy something for 50$ / month when you can get it for free in sierra chart

In demo, ninjatrader is the best platform

But in live trading sierra chart, is far away the best platform.

You have the order flow, Volume profile & market profile, Heatmap Like bookmap and a DOM ( customer ) like jig.saw or X-trader

All this in one package and cost less then 30$ / month and some brokers give you sierra for free after some trade

The version of bookmak is more that the simply colored view, they added many indicators ; don't forget a chart is a picture with colors and the new colored system of bookmad is the indicator for to understand the market is doing. Sierra Chart is so far away of that ...

I recommand you to follows the webinars by FT71

thanks adnen_messaoudi for the tip! I will look into sierra charts and try the demo although I after looking at some youtube videos of footprintcharts and volume/market profile I can already tell that it all looks very "old fashioned". Im a bit picky about the design of my platform and indicators because if I spend so much time of my life in front of a pc programm i want it to be as fun and stylish as possible. The acme and fin alg products I have do a great job by being visually appealing at the same time.

Also I have accumulated little add ons over the time that make life just simpler like advanced risk and reward which shows you the exact dollar price of possible profit and loss as well as the exact RR ratio of your trade. Or workspace pro which makes it easy for me to overview about 20 markets in 3 different workspaces.

Also I think the color modification of the new bookmap 7.0 is a major game changer. there is an very interesting article I recommend reading on their blog which explains a lot but also the advantage of using these exact colors in the heatmap https://bookmap.com/heatmap-in-trading-the-complete-guide-to-market-depth-visualization/

Also bookmap now indicates poc and vwap and some other cool changes.

The heatmap by him self mean nothing. You have to see the absorption in DOM at spectific level

Remember, all professional trader trade only with the DOM ;)

So, added more " indicator " or color in the heatmap is definitely NOT a game changer

thanks adnen_messaoudi for the tip! I will look into sierra charts and try the demo although I after looking at some youtube videos of footprintcharts and volume/market profile I can already tell that it all looks very "old fashioned". Im a bit picky about the design of my platform and indicators because if I spend so much time of my life in front of a pc programm i want it to be as fun and stylish as possible. The acme and fin alg products I have do a great job by being visually appealing at the same time.

Also I have accumulated little add ons over the time that make life just simpler like advanced risk and reward which shows you the exact dollar price of possible profit and loss as well as the exact RR ratio of your trade. Or workspace pro which makes it easy for me to overview about 20 markets in 3 different workspaces.

Also I think the color modification of the new bookmap 7.0 is a major game changer. there is an very interesting article I recommend reading on their blog which explains a lot but also the advantage of using these exact colors in the heatmap https://bookmap.com/heatmap-in-trading-the-complete-guide-to-market-depth-visualization/

Also bookmap now indicates poc and vwap and some other cool changes.

Edited by adnen_messaoudi

im a very visual person and for me its way easier to relate to charts and the "historical dom" like heatmap than just the dom. also although i dont know much YET about the heatmap I read quite good things about it , eg making it easier to see levels that are deleted in the dom and had to be remembered by the advanced trader. also im an advocate of intuition in trading. For motivational and entertainment purposes I read the book "millionaire traiders - How Everyday People Are Beating Wall Street at Its Own Game" . It is full of interviews of successful traders and they often stress intuition and gut feeling. And seeing a detailed heatmap with all the orders flowing in detail i think this could greately contribute to that gut feeling .

BUT I know the importance of the dom and I try do jump over my own shadow and dig into the dom. but i did not found any good courses about it except for the old original no bs trading but i find them quite confusing to be honest. Also he doesnt use the jig dom in his explanation which makes it even more difficult to follow.

I requested http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/29532-(REQ)-DOM-Order-Flow-Foundation-by-jig-saw-founder-Peter-Davies 106 views but no answers. I see this as a singn that I might better use my time to learn and dig into the bookmap software from ground up and get used to its dom which is not yet as good as jigs i suppose but given the rate bookmap brings out new releases i bet they are soon as good as jigs dom.

Do you have any recommendation how to learn the dom??? how did you guys learn it???

All the courses I bought where they speak about the dom they just explain the coloums, touch on the topics of absorbtion,iceberg and spoofing but dont really show it and only say you have to spend hundrets of hours before the dom by yourself in order to learn it... I thought it might be the typical trader pain of spending money on useless courses or is it really true that the dom can only be learned by watching it for countless hours?

bookmap and jigsaaaw it the same heat map the dom that all it the same travel hi made wen you dont have the good strategic this tool was nothing ....:))never seen a professional trader trade in london with bookmap or jigsiw just he uses to confirm their input and output Edited by nadjib

bookmap and jigsaaaw it the same heat map the dom that all it the same travel hi made wen you dont have the good strategic this tool was nothing ....:))never seen a professional trader trade in london with bookmap or jigsiw just he uses to confirm their input and output

Hi sir

i am agree with you but even someone have good strategic than this tool is required for pulling your triggered/confirm your trade .

so if soneone want to use bookmap/jigs@w than proper education is much more required

plz express your opinion Trading with Price Ladder and Order Flow Strategies from AXIA.

is it a good learn or not?

again bump ............... for peter devies education series

Edited by rlygangesh

Hi sir

i am agree with you but even someone have good strategic than this tool is required for pulling your triggered/confirm your trade .

so if soneone want to use bookmap/jigs@w than proper education is much more required

plz express your opinion Trading with Price Ladder and Order Flow Strategies from AXIA.

is it a good learn or not?

again bump ............... for peter devies education series

thank you rlygangesh I will answer you seriously thank you first of all for sharing with us market profile from axia = axia and a very good product in the field of orderflow and market profile and a very good learning especially for beginners and a very good learn but I am disappointed by the contents I find that the educator does not show and explain all aspects of the market profile so I found that their product and purely a commercial product to sell training and a negative point but in general remarks that the video are very short a few minutes and contained more giga, apart from that I find that a good learning, peter devies have a look at channel jigssaw a copy bookmap for heatmap visualization jigsw was produced at the base to fill the gap information in the traditional dom and more information and visibility personally I prefer to auction dashboard to even absorbtion and injection order a jigsw, but it remains a good product.........

thank you rlygangesh I will answer you seriously thank you first of all for sharing with us market profile from axia = axia and a very good product in the field of orderflow and market profile and a very good learning especially for beginners and a very good learn but I am disappointed by the contents I find that the educator does not show and explain all aspects of the market profile so I found that their product and purely a commercial product to sell training and a negative point but in general remarks that the video are very short a few minutes and contained more giga, apart from that I find that a good learning, peter devies have a look at channel jigssaw a copy bookmap for heatmap visualization jigsw was produced at the base to fill the gap information in the traditional dom and more information and visibility personally I prefer to auction dashboard to even absorbtion and injection order a jigsw, but it remains a good product.........

Hello, in first place, thanks for your contributions.

Could you make a list of your favourite/recommend trading software/indicators and your recommended webs/stuff/material to learn?

Thanks in advance.