(Req) Jay Signal Trend

MidnightPresident

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody, I'm following this thread since the begining and I saw number of users complaining about possible bugs from a version to another. I tested V6, V7 and V8 on 3 different computers, with 4 core processors running between 2.5 and 3GHz, 8Go DDRAM using W7 64 bit Ultimate. During this test I checked performance level of the processor to be sure it was not overloaded.

I performed a simple test using 2 charts with the same instrument, one chart with 30 second and the other with 5 SymRenko, and the DOM. I noticed that price on 5 SymRenko is not refreshed at the same speed as on DOM or 30 second chart. When I engaged a trade I noticed that the execution was impacted but the PNL is refreshed in real time. Now if you put a price line indicator on the SymRenko chart the line does not move meaning that some indicators are not refreshed on that type of time frame.

Thank you for your feedback

Same here.

5 symrenko do not print the bar in realtime and if I put a price line is also not printed relatime, is this a problem or symrenko is coded in that way?

and @lastpago:

SymRenko bars are an implementation of Heiken-Ashi bars. The close of each bar is calculated:

HAClose = (Open+High+Low+Close)/4

This is the reason of your issues.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/04/092204.asp

btw: Do you know what is the correct name: Heiken-Ashi or Heikin-Ashi ?

I understand this admis but how do you explain that simple price line cannot be added to SymRenko time frame without being frozen. I suspect anyway something wrong in the script of this time frame. Thank you for your explanation.

SymRenko bars are an implementation of Heiken-Ashi bars. The close of each bar is calculated:

This is the reason of your issues.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/04/092204.asp

btw: Do you know what is the correct name: Heiken-Ashi or Heikin-Ashi ?

I understand this admis but how do you explain that simple price line cannot be added to SymRenko time frame without being frozen. I suspect anyway something wrong in the script of this time frame. Thank you for your explanation.

Just try to think twice. I've already gave you the final reason of your problems.

HAClose != Close (!= is not equal)

Don't search for another solution. Maybe it's not bad idea to change the type of bars, but first of all try to understand where and why the overbought/oversold indicators (big dots) work better...;)

Edited by admis