(Req) Jay Signal Trend

MidnightPresident

I was able to trade today version 6 signals with real money today in gold, oil and mini russell. No performance issues. I have 15.6 inch intel i7 laptop with windows 8.1 with 8gig ram. On Friday I used version 7 and it had performance problems. Repainting issue does not affect arrow which is main signal so I am ok with repainting issue. Total of 19 setups with arrows from 7:45am EST to 2:45 pm EST in all three markets. 5 failures. I was able to take only 6 of them as I was also working in the office. Total 120 ticks with one contract. My guesstimate system is about 70% winning rate.

Nise result!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to trade today version 6 signals with real money today in gold, oil and mini russell. No performance issues. I have 15.6 inch intel i7 laptop with windows 8.1 with 8gig ram. On Friday I used version 7 and it had performance problems. Repainting issue does not affect arrow which is main signal so I am ok with repainting issue. Total of 19 setups with arrows from 7:45am EST to 2:45 pm EST in all three markets. 5 failures. I was able to take only 6 of them as I was also working in the office. Total 120 ticks with one contract. My guesstimate system is about 70% winning rate.

What timeframe you use?

What is your target and stop for "failures?"

I used 3 symrenko on all charts. stops at 13 ticks and I was not consistent with profits when I saw rapid price decline or ascent I will sit longer but when price is not decline as fast as I hope than I would take 10 ticks. Gold made the most money. On a side note I have reviewed my trades today and found out that one of the failed trade is not even there after refresh so there is something going on here, I am using cobc=false but have read somewhere that if it is set to true than you dont get arrows, can somebody confirm it, I am planning to test it tomorrow.

I used 3 symrenko on all charts. stops at 13 ticks and I was not consistent with profits when I saw rapid price decline or ascent I will sit longer but when price is not decline as fast as I hope than I would take 10 ticks. Gold made the most money. On a side note I have reviewed my trades today and found out that one of the failed trade is not even there after refresh so there is something going on here, I am using cobc=false but have read somewhere that if it is set to true than you dont get arrows, can somebody confirm it, I am planning to test it tomorrow.

When refreshing historically, all trades are COBC=True. That may account for the problem, but regardless, I wouldn't worry about refresh trades if the realtime ones are good.

Also, the win rate as you mentioned is predictaed on the target. If you kept taking 10 tick winners and 13 tick losers, a 70% win rate after commissions may not satisfy you.

Ask yourself why Wireman isn't trading this and making millions instead of selling it? The answer should be apparent.

yamantaka

I agree with you on stops and losses, it was my first day so I was not real confident about myself and did not know how system will behave with repainting issue. This system presented in a way that it looks real good at the end of the day or after refresh as some of the looser are eliminated. I will watch it more carefully tomorrow and will try to incorporate some sort of risk reward ratio regime.

Regarding you last line it is always a good question why will somebody sell their system if they can make good moneny from it. dodn't know the answer yet

When refreshing historically, all trades are COBC=True. That may account for the problem, but regardless, I wouldn't worry about refresh trades if the realtime ones are good.

Also, the win rate as you mentioned is predictaed on the target. If you kept taking 10 tick winners and 13 tick losers, a 70% win rate after commissions may not satisfy you.

Ask yourself why Wireman isn't trading this and making millions instead of selling it? The answer should be apparent.

Draw your attention that the Jaysignal works in the context of Market Profile .DevMP shows the structure of the market and only then can you make a decision about entering the position. If you just press the button on each arrow, you will never make money. See all the videos daytradingthefutures.com/videos/, take a trial. After that can be traded on the system.

I draw your attention that the system is better work 7.45-10.45 AM EST and 1.30-2.15PM EST when the market liquidity is maximal. The Holy Grail does not exist

2nd day of trading. Three shorts 70 ticks profit. I was bit selective today, two trades on arrow after trend change with more than 60% retracement both shorts netted 52 ticks profit. Last trade was continuation of trend and 2nd arrow in the trend. I had version4 tested today and I must says version 4 had least repainting issue but there is no arrow but you may not need arrow if you know what you doing, its pull in bar where body of bar closes below the high or low of the doji candle with fib dot.

I also tested cobc=true and surely no arrows or fib dots.

2nd day of trading. Three shorts 70 ticks profit. I was bit selective today, two trades on arrow after trend change with more than 60% retracement both shorts netted 52 ticks profit. Last trade was continuation of trend and 2nd arrow in the trend. I had version4 tested today and I must says version 4 had least repainting issue but there is no arrow but you may not need arrow if you know what you doing, its pull in bar where body of bar closes below the high or low of the doji candle with fib dot.

@rondonelli, can you post some charts please. Would be helpful to "see" what you are talking about. Thanks.

If I post yesterday's chart it would not show marketprofile and several setups as there is some repainting going on, and marketprofile only works on current day after midnight. I will try to capture screenshot tomorrow. I could only do one trade today on gold and made 22 ticks. way too busy in the office. I was in the trade room today as trial member and got confused thoroughly, they use tradestation charts as well which I dont have.

Draw your attention that the Jaysignal works in the context of Market Profile .DevMP shows the structure of the market and only then can you make a decision about entering the position. If you just press the button on each arrow, you will never make money. See all the videos daytradingthefutures.com/videos/, take a trial. After that can be traded on the system.

I draw your attention that the system is better work 7.45-10.45 AM EST and 1.30-2.15PM EST when the market liquidity is maximal. The Holy Grail does not exist

If I post yesterday's chart it would not show marketprofile and several setups as there is some repainting going on, and marketprofile only works on current day after midnight. I will try to capture screenshot tomorrow. I could only do one trade today on gold and made 22 ticks. way too busy in the office. I was in the trade room today as trial member and got confused thoroughly, they use tradestation charts as well which I dont have.

Hi vezpop and rondonelli.

Thanks for Ur postings--How about more images along with desription of how U are using this methodology to capitalize the markets?

Preferably here in Ur post(there is no need for external link for image--some of us have limited internet and makes hard to see)--as long as it took U to upload to external site U could have posted here in the thread(Thanks in advance for this) makes easier for all following your posts.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences with us. Elaboration on your findings are much appreciated!!

Take care and good trading to all!!

Edited by newbie0101

How can i embed screenshot in my post so I dont have to put it on external web site

While writing your post, you have to use 'Insert Image' toolbar which is just above editing box there you have to put URL of the image. You may use screencast.com, postimage.org to upload and get URL

http://s26.postimg.org/j3zrc2mg9/insertimage.png

Day three

I was only able to take one trade yesterday(9/10/14). See screenshot.

http://s30.postimg.org/r19lmjcgx/Russell.jpg

I will briefly explain the system as far as I understand it. You can make system as complex as possible or as simple as possible. I am relatively new to futures and this is my first month. I don't trade through ninja. Infinity is my broker. I like the system for following reasons.

(1) Trend trading

(2) Small stops

(3) Easy to understand

Now the methodology. You wait for trend to change indicated by big fat blue or red arrow and take first short or long with fib dot and arrow. Stoploss 13-15 ticks. Profits on your discretion and number of contracts you are trading. There are symmetry dots to guide you where to take profit. I am not good with exits yet. IMO whenever you exit either you are too early or too late. You can take another trade in the same direction. Subsequent trades may increase risk of failure. Thats all. I will post more as I go and understand it better but for the sake of simplicity thats it. Gold, emini russell and oil is favorite vehicle. I use version 6 with 3 symrenko settings.

Edited by rondonelli

@rondonelli

where can I find the MACDhistogram with dots?

thanks

Ganymed

This is d3spotterv3 from this link

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/local_links.php?catid=4&sort=N&pp=15&page=3

Either Jay has stopped using bulls eye setup or has promulgated it into his jaysignal. Choose macdhistogram for divergence when using d3spotterv3.