(REQ)OFA Ninja Trader Full

ibandrew88

This sounds like coming straight from the mouth of the opinion police. The fact that several guys here expressed a wish to fix the replay does not in any shape and form belittling the respect and gratitude these folks feel towards the educators. There is no argument what the priorities should be, but it is not up to the police but rather for the educators to decide what they can and want to spend their precious time on. Asking here someone to do something does not force anyone to do it. A more civilized, tolerant and mutually respectful exchange of ideas and information, rather than use of an angry tone, should serve us all better to reach our goals.

I think that the power of this forum is based on the work of everyone according to their pottential,

The army of scouters and ideas collectors is doing the scanning and pinpointing of any new product, room, group, idea, software problem, testing, verifying, etc.

The generals are the educators and their work.

So everyone helps in one way or another or at least try to help. Of course nothing would be done without the brains and capabilities of our educators.

Its clear to see who is really important and who tries their best... (Isn't life the same ?) so a huge thanks for our educators from all us plain people

and know that we do understand what you do for us, appreciate it hugely and respectfully, and really do hope we could do more if we could.

Thanks and take care all

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks trader1969 & ylidor for a smart and kind words.

No offense, but sometimes reading some posts it reminds me an adage:

"A noisy cow gives little milk"

I have reviewed the code. And yes, I agree - it must be adjusted. But the problem not depends only on education. You can check a free version where market replay works (according to some users posts). The question is how it is working? - simply saying: dud, bullshit. Try move slider back and forth, change replaying date, time and you can see what it is. But if you start from the begining without touching slider it works ok. I think it is worth to make it possible in full version as well even with known inconveniences. It is almost impossible to correct a bad management of feed at all. For so overpriced product it is the shame. (but maybe it is a kind a policy of the developer to limit an education in this way?)

BTW: There is a new version released (1.9) before Christmas. It is available here (only free version):

http://hidemyass.com/files/4Ls70/

Cheers,

P.S.

Full version updates are available as well for their customers.

Info from OFA webpage:

critical update

You do not need to uninstall previous versions from NinjaTrader

Just add the new NinjaScripts to Overwrite Existing Files

Delete the OFA/VCA files(s) in My Documents > OFA

Open the OFA (My Stuff) Library and Re-Download

Import the New Zip File(s) to NinjaTrader

Release Notes:

Uptick/Downtick historical backfill now available

Improved update notification process Improved replay processing :-S

Modifications to accept Momentum, Exhaustion and Stop-Run add-ons

Improved chart layering functions

Edited by admis

Thanks trader1969 & ylidor for a smart and kind words.

P.S.

Full version updates are available as well for their customers.

Info from OFA webpage:

critical update

You do not need to uninstall previous versions from NinjaTrader

Just add the new NinjaScripts to Overwrite Existing Files

Delete the OFA/VCA files(s) in My Documents > OFA

Open the OFA (My Stuff) Library and Re-Download

Import the New Zip File(s) to NinjaTrader

Release Notes:

Uptick/Downtick historical backfill now available

Improved update notification process Improved replay processing :-S

Modifications to accept Momentum, Exhaustion and Stop-Run add-ons

Improved chart layering functions

Seems like only a free version critical update was issued...

Warning regarding previous version:

Inside the code of ninjatrader.ofa.dll there is a class: OFABarsType which still can contain harmful and unsafe code for the users.

Following procedures and all dependencies must be cleaned:

tcallPic(), Timer smethod_0, smethod_1, smethod_2, smethod_3, smethod_4

At least in the host file try to block the url: www.codedefinder.com

I'm not sure but the risk described above concerns all or almost all available patched copies of ninjatrader.ofa.dll

Based on the will of the supplier not to share the educated files to the public it is difficult to make an adjustments and upload them. As I suppose the problem concerns the supplier as well.

Taking all the findings: IMHO It is better to get a new updates (improved replay processing) and make all needed patches again in one package. If the product is complex (as ofa is for sure) it is not good idea to work on it independently and share not compatible parts of the package.

Cheers,

Warning regarding previous version:

Inside the code of ninjatrader.ofa.dll there is a class: OFABarsType which still can contain harmful and unsafe code for the users.

Following procedures and all dependencies must be cleaned:

tcallPic(), Timer smethod_0, smethod_1, smethod_2, smethod_3, smethod_4

At least in the host file try to block the url: www.codedefinder.com

I'm not sure but the risk described above concerns all or almost all available patched copies of ninjatrader.ofa.dll

Based on the will of the supplier not to share the educated files to the public it is difficult to make an adjustments and upload them. As I suppose the problem concerns the supplier as well.

Taking all the findings: IMHO It is better to get a new updates (improved replay processing) and make all needed patches again in one package. If the product is complex (as ofa is for sure) it is not good idea to work on it independently and share not compatible parts of the package.

Cheers,

Can someone post or PM the cleaned dll (for the retarded:)?

It is rather a time trap. Not a bomb but it causes closing NT.

public double _chartTimeSpan

[color=#800080][i]if (DateTime.Now.ToOADate() >= 41639)
               {
                   MessageBox.Show("Critical Error in the chart look  up, contact support with error code #9ds8a09uf. Sorry for the error in  your datastream.");
                   Environment.Exit(-1);[/i][/color]

41639 means the difference of days between dates (12/30/2013 - 12/30/1899)

anyone has the updated OFA original framework and indicators,pls post them here or Pm for our talented educators to patch them?

It is not a problem to adjust the current drawbacks in OFA. I did it btw.

At least we should try to respect the will of suppliers. It concerns not only OFA supplier. Imagine the future requests for sharing something. Most of us has no access to original addons for NT...