ibandrew88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello guys,

I have one question which is not exactly about OFA, but I am using mainly OFA tools so I will post it here. My question is, how are you exactly using volume profile to get best LVA and HVA areas? I am using 365 days ##-## graph to get long term LVA/HVA and then I search last couple of days to see some confluence. But it's pretty rare to find some. So how do you filter areas after that? I am just trying to look to the left and find some levels, where price reacts but I find it a little bit random sometimes. I know it isn't possible to know exactly where price reacts everytime, I just thought you could tell me how did you deal with this problem. What is your alghoritm to filter good levels. And what is difference between 365 days ##-## graph and 365 days graph of 03-17 in terms of VP?

Thank you guys.

Hello guys,

I have one question which is not exactly about OFA, but I am using mainly OFA tools so I will post it here. My question is, how are you exactly using volume profile to get best LVA and HVA areas? I am using 365 days ##-## graph to get long term LVA/HVA and then I search last couple of days to see some confluence. But it's pretty rare to find some. So how do you filter areas after that? I am just trying to look to the left and find some levels, where price reacts but I find it a little bit random sometimes. I know it isn't possible to know exactly where price reacts everytime, I just thought you could tell me how did you deal with this problem. What is your alghoritm to filter good levels. And what is difference between 365 days ##-## graph and 365 days graph of 03-17 in terms of VP?

Thank you guys.

In my opinion you it depends on time frame you trade . For a scalping purpose 10-20 ticks you need max one moth of data and for this purpose I use Acme Composite Vol Prof. so its profile what you have on a chart and its drowse H/L lines . OFA I use to profile lust swing and small moves . H/L Vol Prof just tells you reaction points but which direction it will go I use price action and order flow.

Today was perfect short from LVA 53.57 and double top price action confirmed this .

http://i63.tinypic.com/nl5vza.jpg

Edited by vit007

vit007:

Thank you for your answer! It depends on timeframe I trade. Ok, I will inspect that. And yes, I trade moves about 20 ticks :) It looks like you trade for some time now, so I have another questions :)) How did you figure out size of stop loss and position sizing in general? I mean your first contract PT is 10 ticks, second about 20 ticks(depends on LVA or HVA area ahead of price) and SL about 10 ticks? Or you have completely different way of taking profits eg. MAE/MFE analysis or just simulation of couple of months? I find it pretty hard to get good statistical data in disretionary trading system.

Thank you for your answer again :)

vit007:

Thank you for your answer! It depends on timeframe I trade. Ok, I will inspect that. And yes, I trade moves about 20 ticks :) It looks like you trade for some time now, so I have another questions :)) How did you figure out size of stop loss and position sizing in general? I mean your first contract PT is 10 ticks, second about 20 ticks(depends on LVA or HVA area ahead of price) and SL about 10 ticks? Or you have completely different way of taking profits eg. MAE/MFE analysis or just simulation of couple of months? I find it pretty hard to get good statistical data in disretionary trading system.

Thank you for your answer again :)

Using NT ATM strategy I place order 2 contracts with 14 stop 12 first target and the rest is a trail . My stop always behind HVA of latest small swing. Also if I see that I can put relatively small stop 5-7 ticks I go with 5 contracts and small target 5-7 ticks to eliminate risk . Like this morning 2 short trades . Stop was only 7 and 5 ticks, just above lust swing .

Hope it helps .

http://i68.tinypic.com/5bww1v.jpg

Edited by vit007

• 3 weeks later...
Using NT ATM strategy I place order 2 contracts with 14 stop 12 first target and the rest is a trail . My stop always behind HVA of latest small swing. Also if I see that I can put relatively small stop 5-7 ticks I go with 5 contracts and small target 5-7 ticks to eliminate risk . Like this morning 2 short trades . Stop was only 7 and 5 ticks, just above lust swing .

Hope it helps .

http://i68.tinypic.com/5bww1v.jpg

Can you please share those templates? there are very interested

Thanks

And please tel witch indicators you use in your screenshots

Thank you very much!

Edited by tamujekanu

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

The "New OFA" for NT8, Tradovate... sells a new style of trading that it´s supposed to be explained in this course.

I think is the style of trading the OFA guys are into right now.

If someone has it, it would be great to learn from it, the course actually is 1.500$

OFA Advanced Training Course

Advanced training classes focus on the specific rules and nuances of trading futures with OFA and AlgoX.

The 2-week course includes step-by-step trading examples in:

eMini S&P 500 Futures (ES/EP)

Euro Futures (6E)

Crude Oil Futures (CL)

Mini Dow Futures (YM)

We’ve purposely chosen complex examples to work through difficult scenarios and hone your skills at selecting trading opportunities. This is an OFA Mastery course, designed to exponentially elevate your analytical skills in less than a month.

Course Content:

- Lessons Status

- Trading the Trend with OFA/AlgoX

- Trade Setup Example 1

- Trade Setup Example 2

- Trade Setup Example 3

- Trade Setup Example 4

- Trade Setup Example 5

- Trading Key Pivots with OFA/AlgoX

- Trade Setup Example 6

- Trade Setup Example 7

- Trade Setup Example 8

- Trade Setup Example 9

- Trading Ranges with OFA/AlgoX

- Trade Setup Example 10

- Trade Setup Example 11

- Trade Setup Example 12

- Trade Setup Example 13

- Trade Setup Example 14

- Trade Setup Example 15

- Trade Setup Example 16

- Advanced Bonus Lesson

• 2 months later...
strat57,

I use the paid version of OFA, so not sure if this will work or not. But I had this source file downloaded from this forum 2 years back

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hfseg6 , credit goes to our great educator admis. This has all the source files, should work without any dll. You will need both OFABarsType and OFADataClassification to make the OFA bar work. I would recommend to remove OFA assembly and import this source file to try.

Thanks,

plesas reupload

• 2 weeks later...