ibandrew88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you share how you did this tidesync, not sure I'm following you. thanks

you need to add 2 more ofa/moa indi to your chart, configure one for exhaustion at high, the other at low, give them different colors than ofa/moa, you will get dots as opposed to boxes as it would with OFA/EXA, this is a work around, not a replacement of OFA/EXA.

If you don't know how to configure an exhaustion pattern, then OFA/EXA won't help you either, you would be blindly believing in the blackbox signals without knowing why they signal in the first place.

OFA is a tool to aid your tape reading, not an indicator, exhaustion "signals" are not signals, just a visual alert for you to manually determine if there is indeed an exhaustion pattern, if you don't know how to read such patterns, you won't be able to configure the OFA/EXA, you would rely on the default settings, which are not "correct" because they were never meant to be the real patterns, but just a starting place for you traders to configure the "real" patterns in. Same applies to OFA/MOA, don't rely on the default, they are useless.

Edited by user33
typo

you need to add 2 more ofa/moa indi to your chart, configure one for exhaustion at high, the other at low, give them different colors than ofa/moa, you will get dots as opposed to boxes as it would with OFA/EXA, this is a work around, not a replacement of OFA/EXA.

If you don't know how to configure an exhaustion pattern, then OFA/EXA won't help you either, you would be blindly believing in the blackbox signals without knowing why they signal in the first place.

OFA is a tool to aid your tape reading, not an indicator, exhaustion "signals" are not signals, just a visual alert for you to manually determine if there is indeed an exhaustion pattern, if you don't know how to read such patterns, you won't be able to configure the OFA/EXA, you would rely on the default settings, which are not "correct" because they were never meant to be the real patterns, but just a starting place for you traders to configure the "real" patterns in. Same applies to OFA/MOA, don't rely on the default, they are useless.

Could you show a picture how you set it up?

I mean a chart...

@user33 - would you consider sharing a few of your EXA or MOA patterns with all of us ? so we can speed up our learning ?

or where we can read about such patterns....?

I don't use ofa to read these patterns.

you can "read" all about these patterns with great details from OFA 5-Day Intensive Bootcamp videos, they had been posted in this site, do your own research to find them, good traders are like sharks who smell the blood miles away and get there early before other sharks do, not to wait for others to feed them, or to give them the directions of where to find the blood.

I believe my first reply to flipper26 gave very clear instruction on how to configure OFA/MOA to act as a work-around for OFA/EXA, for those who cannot understand these instructions, you are not ready to use MOA or EXA, or OFA for that matter.

No offense, you need to recognize that you don't have the proper basic knowledge of order flow and OFA tools to utilize these tools in trading, you need to work on acquiring these knowledge first, instead of wanting to get these tools, I know most people in this forum only collect indicators but can't trade, or have no intention to trade.

I hope that makes sense to you.

I don't use ofa to read these patterns.

you can "read" all about these patterns with great details from OFA 5-Day Intensive Bootcamp videos, they had been posted in this site, do your own research to find them, good traders are like sharks who smell the blood miles away and get there early before other sharks do, not to wait for others to feed them, or to give them the directions of where to find the blood.

@user33 - if you do not wish to share that is fine and thanks for the tips, however as a Teacher of many many students (Mathematics) you are quite wrong about how one learns.... teachers have long known that one of the best ways to learn something or to deepen ones knowledge or insight is to teach it to someone else - you could learn from this.

Unless you are very old, your own Teacher will have asked you to present something to your class at some point in your education - why did they ask you to do this ? By teaching the rest of the class, your teacher knew you would gain even more from the topic and deepen your own learning and your class associates would challenge on how well you think you knew it thus increasing your own knowledge and everyone elses. You can apply the same principles to anything (we do it everyday in class) - sharing your skills and knowledge with others is the real way to learn.

Good luck

@user33 - if you do not wish to share that is fine

not a fair statement:

1. I shared the exact instruction of how to configure the MOA to act as work-around for EXA

2. I pointed out that MOA and EXA are meant to be be used to map the momentum and exhaustion patterns, if you don't know what these patterns are, MOA and EXA have no use to you.

3. I answered your question of where you can read about these patterns

as a teacher of math as you claimed, can you objectively qualify that my about actions constitute a conclusion of "you do not want to share"?

you didn't like the way I share my knowledge because it does not fit your own expectations, so you may have believed that what I have done was not sharing, while not seeing the objectivity (or lack of it) of your belief, I suggest that you re-exam you belief, if you are what you said a teacher and are here to learn not to demand that the world conforms to your believes.

Edited by user33

not a fair statement:

1. I shared the exact instruction of how to configure the MOA to act as work-around for EXA

2. I pointed out that MOA and EXA are meant to be be used to map the momentum and exhaustion patterns, if you don't know what these patterns are, MOA and EXA have no use to you.

3. I answered your question of where you can read about these patterns

as a teacher of math as you claimed, can you objectively qualify that my about actions constitute a conclusion of "you do not want to share"?

My reference is to the fact that you do not wish to share your MOA or EXA patterns - which is fine.... its a mostly free world .... lets move on and the rest of us will try and learn those patterns from others.... as I said before - its how we mostly learn...

My reference is to the fact that you do not wish to share your MOA or EXA patterns

I had clearly stated that I do not use OFA, therefore there will not be "my MOA or EXA patterns", would that make logical sense to you?

You may have knowingly or unknowingly holding a belief that "user33 is lying when he said he doesn't use OFA because he is unwilling to share his MOA and EXA patterns with us". Again, I suggest you re-exam your hidden believes you hold. You may not understand that my pointing out this to you is an act of sharing.

There are more tools than OFA that can be used to map these patterns, I prefer to use other tools because I found OFA to be too limited and rigid, I like tools I have full control of how I want to use them, OFA is not one of them.

For example, in OFA you can only set levels of strong/weak in scales, not in actual volume numbers, hence the patterns you mapped in OFA are approximate and they are unreliable and unpredictable, ESPECIALLY when applied to different instruments. I won't go into more details of this. If you really want to learn, start with the OFA bootcamp videos.

Edited by user33

I had clearly stated that I do not use OFA, therefore there will not be "my MOA or EXA patterns", would that make logical sense to you?

There are more tools than OFA that can be used to map these patterns, I prefer to use other tools because I found OFA to be too limited and rigid, I like tools I have full control of how I want to use them, OFA is not one of them.

For example, in OFA you can only set levels of strong/weak in scales, not in actual volume numbers, hence the patterns you mapped in OFA are approximate and they are unreliable and unpredictable when applied to different instruments. I won't go into more details of this. If you really want to learn, start with the OFA bootcamp videos.

Thank you - I shall go and seek out these bootcamp vids ... as a final request would you mind naming the tool that is more flexible ?

You may have knowingly or unknowingly holding a belief that "user33 is lying when he said he doesn't use OFA because he is unwilling to share his MOA and EXA patterns with us". Again, I suggest you re-exam your hidden believes you hold. You may not understand that my pointing out this to you is an act of sharing.

For example, in OFA you can only set levels of strong/weak in scales, not in actual volume numbers, hence the patterns you mapped in OFA are approximate and they are unreliable and unpredictable, ESPECIALLY when applied to different instruments. I won't go into more details of this. If you really want to learn, start with the OFA bootcamp videos.

I totally agree with you

who using Marketdelta?

a my friend use MD and he speaks extremely well

this is a example http://my.jetscreenshot.com/20438/20131127-qlbg-71kb

regars and happy trading

if that true, is very sad. this site always is for shared.

through the time, in this site we have several educataros, jhon, futuretrader, and many others, now admis, mich participating in this thread, and never this guy ask for money.

is very sad some one who get the file from another guy, and received help from one educators, and them this guy is selling, disable pm, and deleted all post in this thread. I do not know, maybe someone is watching a lot james bond movies...

in this site several guy tried to sell something, and always wins the repudiation of all members.

Originally Posted by astrading View Post

The russian guy is emailing to sell the full package................

who is that Russian guy?