Lookin for Commitment of Traders Indicator

schwanzbook

• 5 weeks later...

The COT Indicator looks very useful and we hope someone has an educated version. So far the only things that I found are these, but they are not chart indicators.

COT Wizard

http://www.informedtrades.com/blogs/magic/3478-cot-wizard.html

COT Wizard 2.0

http://www.informedtrades.com/blogs/jpvtien/3838-cot-wizard-2-0.html

Hi all,

Very frustrating the fact that the BASIC functionality of the site has not been restored! e.g. "reply,reply with quote, advance attach/upload image" Please someone C'mon!

I love this site but jeez!!

Have sent MSG to Webmaster but no fix or response??? Is it holiday??

Thanks to those who have posted some "workarounds"-but not the point.

Ok sorry for the rant but very frustrating.

Thaomoua, It is LFCOT--I can't get it to work so far because every symbol I try it on says"Is not a supported instrument" --Would have posted image "oh that's right function NO work"

If anyone knows which "instrument" to apply it to to get it to function--Then please post info.

Sorry not more help

Hi all,

Very frustrating the fact that the BASIC functionality of the site has not been restored! e.g. "reply,reply with quote, advance attach/upload image" Please someone C'mon!

Thaomoua, It is LFCOT--I can't get it to work so far because every symbol I try it on says"Is not a supported instrument" --Would have posted image "oh that's right function NO work"

If anyone knows which "instrument" to apply it to to get it to function--Then please post info.

Sorry not more help

Hi Newbie

Its working perfectly- all you have to do is instead of clicking on the link- RIGHT CLICK ON IT and chose "open in a different tab" like i just did now and its working.

Hope it helps

Traderbeauty-Jane

Hi all,

Sorry not more help

Newbie, I'm having the same problems with this indicator that you are, "is not a supported instrument". If you or anyone else can get it to work can you let us know what you did? Thanks.

Alright, the reason why I couldn't find LFCOT in my indi list was the CS file did not get imported. All the DLL got imported except for the CS file. Manually added the CS file to the appropriate location, recompile, indi shows up, and I can add it to the chart. Upon adding the indi to the chart, the indi made a connection to the internet and downloaded COT data from 1995 to present year. I refreshed the chart and NT7 hung on currency. I had to kill NT7. I restarted NT and readded the LFCOT indi and changed to load only 5 days of data (default was like ~180 days) but NT still hang. For non-currency, you get the 'is not supported instrument' msg. Edited by thaomoua

Finally got this working. Removed dll files using remove ninjascript assembly and deleted theIndicator then added all files to a zip. then imported it, then copied CS file \bin\Custom\Indicator and compiled it as suggested by thaomoua. Worked perfect, downloaded all data and you can change it from automatic to manual and select the COT data you want displayed since sometimes as mentioned above it gives you the not supported.

thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...