Heres a good daytrading indicator fibx please open .cs file

misalto

• 3 weeks later...

@Jane

Hi Jane.You poor thing! So sorry to hear about your near crash of NT/PC. No doubt, those sort of things can be worrisome.

Yes most of Jason Wireman's indicators can be very resource heavy. My take on the indicator comparison is that Dynamic Fibonacci Extensions is less cpu intensive and has configurability advantages that only, as we so fondly call you,a Fib Queen can love.

It still catches overlapping Fib ext points which is the main aim of Jaycluster,so essentially the customization and high configurability options weigh in favor of FibX IMO. Here are some resource guides that you might find helpful.

CDA_DFibX-LICENSE-AGREEMENT-AND-RELEASE-NOTES.pdf

0.12 Mb

http://limelinx.com/fq3yi

JAYCLUSTERMETHODOLOGY.pdf

1.78 Mb

http://limelinx.com/gcoa

Cheers Jane.

WOW Cash.

Thanks so much, will try it and report my findings.

One big fault of Jay cluster ( forgot to mention ) is that it only shows extensions and not retracements- meaning- using that- you will always try to go against the market and not with the current legs.

In a strong trend/ move- you will get crushed, that is imho- the problems with these automatic indicators.

Thanks

Traderbeauty-Jane

Just wanted to mention one more fact-

you will make much more going WITH the legs direction than AGAINST.

Let me explain.

Lets say that we have a classic situation of higher highs and higher lows and no complications for now.

Lets assume that the trend upward is not strong and you got a signal at the 1.272 extension to go short- you can easily do that if you want to make the extra points BUT... you are raising your risk because the normally the most you can get ( on a classic case ) is back to the 61.8 retracement where you need to go long again. The problem is that the market might continue up from the 38 fib - which happens a lot of times leaving you hurt and pissed lol.

On the other hand going long from the 61.8 is going to give you much more because normally the target is 1.272 extension or more.

Most of the moves you get 1,6 or 1.9 and in extreme case even 2.6 which cannot even be compared to what you would make on trying to short.

This is just a general observation and only my humble opinion.

Another very important observation is that you should give much more weight to the current legs and much less to the history ( as per fib extension) ; even if you have a cluster .

There were so many times when i saw a confluence of extensions and symmetry and old resistance and i could swear that the market will go down from there- and guess what-... it just kept going upward lol.

The only extension that might change the direction of the market or at least SIGNAL us about a potential direction change is a FIB DIVERGENCE- which is anything LESS than 1.272.

For example- a 1.112 will most likely take us down to a .886 retracement ( which is also almost always equal to a symmetry to the tick ) but that also means that the trend is weak now, it DOES NOT mean that the direction has changes and in this case you should still go long if you get a signal at that location.

The only one that normally is causing a change of direction and i dare to say 80% of the times is when the market goes only 1 tick above ( bellow for a down) the previous high and then starts to go down.

This is the strongest reversal signal ( again in my humble opinion ...) and its even stronger than a double top, because all the breakout traders that went long on that breakout upward will try to bail out causing a very strong down continuation.

Hope it helps

Trderbeauty-Jane