REQ- Please educate this great indi---Order Flow Oscillator

Alexxx76

LisaAkira- what livermore said might be the catch, if you followed my advice- meaning- delete the CS file, re- compile any indicator to make sure your ninja is clear, then put the cs file back and compile again- no need to restart ninja.

if that does not work then just go to amp and get a free ( normally 30 day extendable ) free no charge cqg data from amp futures. they are really good.

Mine is working perfect.

One thing i noticed - many times the Market order traders are mistaken and do the wrong thing so you might want to wait and get in at the next signal when everything is lined up.

Traderbeauty-Jane

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LisaAkira- what livermore said might be the catch, if you followed my advice- meaning- delete the CS file, re- compile any indicator to make sure your ninja is clear, then put the cs file back and compile again- no need to restart ninja.

if that does not work then just go to amp and get a free ( normally 30 day extendable ) free no charge cqg data from amp futures. they are really good.

Mine is working perfect.

One thing i noticed - many times the Market order traders are mistaken and do the wrong thing so you might want to wait and get in at the next signal when everything is lined up.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Jane---so i understand...

Get a ampfutures account, then i can use cqg data with NT for free?

CQG has level 2 data?

Do I need to deposit 500. with ampfutures to get CQG data?

Thank you Jane!! :)

"Jane---so i understand...

CQG has level 2 data?

Thank you Jane!! "

You can subscribe a demo account for two weeks. Link: http://www.globalfutures.com/platforms/ninjatrader.asp

Yes, the demo offers L2 data

Jane---so i understand...

CQG has level 2 data?

Thank you Jane!! :)

Lisa

All you have to do is go there- to amp futures and ask for a ninja demo, they dont ask for a deposit or anything, just your name and email.

its all automatic- once you fill up the short form you get an email with a ninja trial key and 10 minutes later you get a cqg trial key which you plug into ninja- after 20 or 30 days when that expires they send you an email and if you want to extend just click on the link and within 10 minutes you get a new key.

i dont think there is a limit to how many times you can extend.

hope it helps

Traderbeauty-Jane

Lisa

All you have to do is go there- to amp futures and ask for a ninja demo, they dont ask for a deposit or anything, just your name and email.

its all automatic- once you fill up the short form you get an email with a ninja trial key and 10 minutes later you get a cqg trial key which you plug into ninja- after 20 or 30 days when that expires they send you an email and if you want to extend just click on the link and within 10 minutes you get a new key.

i dont think there is a limit to how many times you can extend.

hope it helps

Traderbeauty-Jane

OMG Ms Jane!! Thank you!!

I didn't think it would work when they sent me a NT7 License Key, since I have a "legit" key! BUT it worked beautifully!!

Arigato to you and @Livermore!! =D>:">:x

Everybody- Regarding this indicator-

Just a quick observation-

i tried it on a 5 tick chart YM and it was not doing a good job, but then i tried on a 2 tick CL chart and its incredible in many times-

A lot of times in the CL i want to know if i can enter at a consolidation or a previous resistance/ support and this indi gave me the correct answer almost all the time.

the reason why imho is very simple- the YM has a lot of market orders but also apparently many limit once that control the moves.

The CL on the other hand seems like being controlled by almost market orders and hardly any limit orders and since this indicator is showing us a picture that is composed only by the MARKET orders - its very accurate on the CL and so go on the YM, so lets take advantage where we can.

hope it helps

Traderbeauty-Jane

The indicator is actually a true order flow indicator, it simply adds up the limit orders on either side of the last traded price and plots a ratio- delta, ladder etc are trade flow indicators (showing orders that have executed)

So , just to confirm that this indi is based in the ratio of the Limit orders on the Dom of the last traded price right? not the market orders hitting the bids n offers?

Another question is what is the good way to utilize this indi practically?

The indicator shows the cumulative ratio of LIMIT orders.

For 6E a ratio of 1.5 announce an imminent short term reversal (limit orders barrier) of 10-15 pips.

Track the ratio at recent HH or LL.

Don't use the ratio on news when the market is conducted by market orders.

4-500 orders on a single level on 6E (and a total ratio > 2) means a potential strong reversal with an error of 3-4 pips.

The indicator shows the cumulative ratio of LIMIT orders.

For 6E a ratio of 1.5 announce an imminent short term reversal (limit orders barrier) of 10-15 pips.

Track the ratio at recent HH or LL.

Don't use the ratio on news when the market is conducted by market orders.

4-500 orders on a single level on 6E (and a total ratio > 2) means a potential strong reversal with an error of 3-4 pips.

So this indicator is giving us data on LIMIT orders and not Market?

Edited by LisaAkira

Order Book Oscillator

http:// wh1t mark devel0pment.c0m/order-book-oscillator/

Looking for a tool beyond price action and traded volume to confirm your next trade entry? Many scalpers, myself included, use Level II depth of market order book volume as a key go/no-go filter before placing a trade. This indicator calculates order book volume cumulative bid/ask ratio in real-time and plots the values in a “candlegram” format . . . a cross between a candle and a histogram for easy identification. Similar to a candle bar, the “candlegram” wick informs you about the extreme intrabar moves in the oscillator.

Features

Displays cumulative bid/ask ratio for up to five levels of the order book volume.

Realtime indicator for use on live data or market replay.

Candlegram bars show value at the close of bar while the wicks show intrabar extreme moves.

Candlegram color and width attributes can be modified.

Can be used with the NinjaTrader ChartTrader and eliminates the need to monitor and compute ratio values on the DOM.

Extreme values can help predict market reversals.

Usage Suggestions

The Order Book Oscillator (OBO) is best used on small interval bars for trend or counter-trend scalp trading.

Avoid or defer entries that do not coincide with the direction of the OBO.

Each market and time frame will have it own characteristics so plan on spending time to observe the OBO over different market condition before trading.

Like any oscillator, its important to focus on transitions from high extremes and momentum reversals when the oscillator crosses the zero line.

Generally, ratio values between +/- O.5 are noise unless transitioning from an opposite extreme.

Values between 0.5 and 2.5 indicate bias in the direction of the oscillator.

Extreme values at values at 2.5 often suggest a price reversal is imminent.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Everybody- Regarding this indicator-

Just a quick observation-

i tried it on a 5 tick chart YM and it was not doing a good job, but then i tried on a 2 tick CL chart and its incredible in many times-

A lot of times in the CL i want to know if i can enter at a consolidation or a previous resistance/ support and this indi gave me the correct answer almost all the time.

the reason why imho is very simple- the YM has a lot of market orders but also apparently many limit once that control the moves.

The CL on the other hand seems like being controlled by almost market orders and hardly any limit orders and since this indicator is showing us a picture that is composed only by the MARKET orders - its very accurate on the CL and so go on the YM, so lets take advantage where we can.

hope it helps

Traderbeauty-Jane

Jane i am not getting your context. How can this calculate market orders?

This is order book oscillator which is basically composed of limit orders right? So it shud work well with mkts with more limit orders.

Btw i havent known any method of calculating the Market orders before they execute (unlike limit orders). If there did existed one, it wud be a holy grail.

Regards,

SA

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...