New Ninjatrader

ptop

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The site is up and running on my end. If you choose "Forex" you will get FXCM stream that is pretty much unlimited. If you choose "Futures" you'll get NinjaTrader's brokerage streaming data for only 2 wks and for only one demo trial per user's IP. This information was provided to me by someone from NinjaTrader's brokerage.

May I ask what version of Ninjatrader you use? v31 or v22?

The site is up and running on my end. If you choose "Forex" you will get FXCM stream that is pretty much unlimited. If you choose "Futures" you'll get NinjaTrader's brokerage streaming data for only 2 wks and for only one demo trial per user's IP. This information was provided to me by someone from NinjaTrader's brokerage.

Try to update the certificate is not installed, or if the restore it.

https://[email protected]/file/crk650

Thanks for you replay ivan, but I don't know how to update the certificate. I downloaded the last ninjatrader ntconfig file and put it on the emu folder but have the same problem.

If sameone knows something about how to fix it I am grateful.

Thanks again

Thanks for you replay ivan, but I don't know how to update the certificate. I downloaded the last ninjatrader ntconfig file and put it on the emu folder but have the same problem.

If sameone knows something about how to fix it I am grateful.

Thanks again

I contacted AMP futures customers service and they said me that the problem is releated to the critical update of the end of February. So I have to update to the last version. If nobody has the solution it will be impossible to connect NT.22 with amp futures and cqg data anymore.

Thanks for your feedback

I contacted AMP futures customers service and they said me that the problem is releated to the critical update of the end of February. So I have to update to the last version. If nobody has the solution it will be impossible to connect NT.22 with amp futures and cqg data anymore.

Thanks for your feedback

Guess I'm in the same boat as you having open a funded account with AMP futures and there was some confusion when they announced the 'NinjaTrader will no longer be available for new customers after March 10, 2015' Back then I didn't realised that one had to be not only be an AMP customer but also a Ninjatrader one as well (owning or purchase a Free Direct Edition, Leased, Single/Multi broker license). If you have the Ninjatrader platform in any form (apart from the one used here and simulated) before the dateline , you can upgrade to V31 and trade Live and sim. What Ninjatrader is trying to do is to nudge customers from other brokerages who have been so used to trading in the Ninjatrader platform to move their accounts and join them. Even if you have used other platforms to trade live or simulated (eg Ninjatrader) you cannot join AMP Futures now and trade with the upgraded v31 Ninja7 or Ninja8. That is unintinkable! But AMP Futures has given as an option just. They are giving you a free MultiCharts.net Special edition with most of the bells and whistles and more of Ninjatrader and Sierra Chart combined. Free dom, chart trader and market profile (didn't see any order flow yet apart from ****** trading) and all the other standard indicators and automated strategies which is so much easier to use, for their clients. They claim to have subsidized it but without increase in their fees. Ninjatrader platform was written in C# and Multicharts.net in C++ but their trading strategies are both written in C#.. correct me if I'm wrong. At present Ninjatrader seems to be supported by an awesome lot of vendors as this forum shows and if there's a way of converting Ninjascript to MultiCharts.net custom indicators/systems then you could still hold on to your AMP account. Or if you are trading without the lag some of these standard indicators/systems give Multicharts.net a chance.. it is awesome.. Check it out http://[email protected]/platforms/@mpmc-net-free/ and the video https://@mpfutures.adobeconnect.com/p5m3mjqootg/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal . Or else welcome to the world of Ninjatrader Brokerage. Or unless this forum can come back with an answer.

Hi,

I am having problem with the NT. When I go to the Indicator option(After right-click on the chart), my NT crashes. It does not even bring up the indicator screen.

I have checked the LOG, the Trace files. All the DLLs and indicators compiles.

I have tried to clean the cache, Log and Trace (i.e. Delete all the files from these DIRs). Then restarting the computer and going into NT.

Sometime, it works that it allows me to go into the indicator screen, but lately, it crashes most of the time.

I would love someone to help me please.

I am using NT 7.22

Thanks in Advance

Edited by nkp9999

to Stefco :

Multicharts could be a good alternative but not having a drawing custom profile range makes it worthless to me.

Yeah at present it doesn't have that extensive support from 3rd party vendors compare with NT as what this forum shows.

I suppose for a start it has a Dom, chart trader, market profile and even orderflow integrated in

You still can have GDI drawings and Custom toolbars but you have to be a good C# programmer. I'm still in the learning stage so its a bit like

starting again and having invested a lot of time and effort into trying to creating your own trading strategy with NT and getting the right mindset to trade it.

And with the help of this great forum, its educators and moderator, I'm not ready to move on. Maybe MC could make a good backup platform and it has a good strategy backtesting.

But you can't help wondering that NT is trying to nudge customers from other brokers to join them if you do not have an active key before a certain dateline and eventually forced

us to upgrade to NT8 and its not that straightforward to convert NT7 to NT8 indicators and strategies. As iksak just said.. hard times in front of us.

Yeah at present it doesn't have that extensive support from 3rd party vendors compare with NT as what this forum shows.

I suppose for a start it has a Dom, chart trader, market profile and even orderflow integrated in

You still can have GDI drawings and Custom toolbars but you have to be a good C# programmer. I'm still in the learning stage so its a bit like

starting again and having invested a lot of time and effort into trying to creating your own trading strategy with NT and getting the right mindset to trade it.

And with the help of this great forum, its educators and moderator, I'm not ready to move on. Maybe MC could make a good backup platform and it has a good strategy backtesting.

But you can't help wondering that NT is trying to nudge customers from other brokers to join them if you do not have an active key before a certain dateline and eventually forced

us to upgrade to NT8 and its not that straightforward to convert NT7 to NT8 indicators and strategies. As iksak just said.. hard times in front of us.

Same situation here, I dont like their business and I dont like the idea that I have to go where my trading platform tell me to go, having looked at alot of platforms, starting to think that the only alternative to me at the moment is Sierra.

p.s.

Doesn anyone knows how to get the Ninja v.31 offline installer ?

Edited by melauf

Ninj@Tr@der 7.0.1@@@.31

Register at http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData for the free live data.

Download the Ninjatrade .31 from the next page and install it. Open the Ninjatrader and insert the username and password you have received on the email registered on the above link. Once Ninjatrader is up and running, connect to the data feed - NinjaTrader Continuum. Check if you are getting the price data on one of the chart with latest series. Keep the Ninjatrader running.

Now download the patch from the below link. (you can download it before the above process as well).

https://www.sendspace.com/file/b3t986 The password of the rar file is written as the part of the name of the file.

Extract the zip file but don't follow the Readme.txt now.

Now change the Licence key by copying the Licence key from the Readme.txt and paste it into Ninjatrader. Now disconnect the data feed and reconnect the datafeed. The datafeed should get connected. Once the data feed is connected, check if you are getting the price data on a chart of latest series of any instrument. Then disconnect the datafeed and exit Ninjatrader.

Now copy dll & NTConfig.xml from newExpire2099 folder to bin64 and bin folders in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\" (replace files if ask) and start the Ninjatrader once again, connect the datafeed and check if the price data is getting updated on a chart of latest series of any instrument.

I have checked up to this stage and seen that Live Trading Box was enabled while starting the Ninjatrader. Once again started the NinjaTrader while typing this post, connected to the data feed and checked that the price data is getting updated on the chart. I have increased the number of days at each of the above stages to check if the new historical data is being downloaded and shown on the chart. I could not see live data as the market is closed today.

I would like to request the members to check if other features, which are not working in the free demo version, are working with this patched file.

I am looking forward to hearing back the comments and suggestions of the members.

Ninj@Tr@der 7.0.1@@@.31

I would like to request the members to check if other features, which are not working in the free demo version, are working with this patched file.

I am looking forward to hearing back the comments and suggestions of the members.

It's getting connected to live data server but historical data backfilled on charts not working.