ptop

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot make it work. I get the following error message>

the fcm you are trying to connect to is not authorized to use ninja trader with cqg

If I use the AMP license in NT V22, then it allows live orders but it does not connect to cqg.

If I use the Dorman license, it doesn't even allow live orders.

In both cases, I cannot connect to cqg or continuum

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Maybe the rithmic certificate is not up to date with v22 and you need a more current version of NT or at least get a new certificate file. (RithmicCertificate.pk12 found in C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin)

Can't try myself because the emu has always error connectiong to port 80/socket error for me.

Edited by k33

Has anyone tried NT7 educated with either Dorman futures (NT broker) or AMP futures to trade a live account ? Any issues with license verification or establishing the connection on live account?

Dorman futures charge you depending on the type of NT7 you have (Direct, lease or licensed). I don´t think they have a specific charge for the educated version. I guess if you use the educated version, they will charge the highest fee, which is the direct version fee. Anyone has tried with Dorman?

Edited by trim

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried NT7 educated with either Dorman futures (NT broker) or AMP futures to trade a live account ? Any issues with license verification or establishing the connection on live account?

Dorman futures charge you depending on the type of NT7 you have (Direct, lease or licensed). I don´t think they have a specific charge for the educated version. I guess if you use the educated version, they will charge the highest fee, which is the direct version fee. Anyone has tried with Dorman?

Direct version is free if I am mistaken

• 2 weeks later...

The direct version is not longer available with AMP. If I use the educated version, AMP charges for the DOM that I don´t use. Anyone has an old license for the Direct version that is registered with CQG? Or any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

No that is not correct. Direct version is free but doesn't have all the functionality of the full version - example, ATM, OCO. AMP is not taking on any new Ninjatrader clients so new clients can't get direct edition or fully licensed Ninja with AMP anymore, you'd have to go through Ninjatrader Brokerage. If you had a license with AMP (direct or fully licensed) before the start of Ninjatrader brokerage (there's a specific date in 2015 when AMP wasn't allowing new Ninja customers, can't remember what the exact date is) you can still trade Ninja with AMP.

If I had to do it all over again, I would not have gone with Ninja.

Edited by flipper26

No that is not correct. Direct version is free but doesn't have all the functionality of the full version - example, ATM, OCO. AMP is not taking on any new Ninjatrader clients so new clients can't get direct edition or fully licensed Ninja with AMP anymore, you'd have to go through Ninjatrader Brokerage. If you had a license with AMP (direct or fully licensed) before the start of Ninjatrader brokerage (there's a specific date in 2015 when AMP wasn't allowing new Ninja customers, can't remember what the exact date is) you can still trade Ninja with AMP.

If I had to do it all over again, I would not have gone with Ninja.

Can the educated version of Ninja be used with AMP if opening an account as a new client? Post #665 mentions that AMP charges for the DOM...is this the case with lifetime license holders of Ninja as well?

What can you share with us on that, mate?

Cheers!

Mick

My biggest issues by far are performance and support. Other platforms have standard features (ex. footprint, market profile) that in Ninja require 3rd party add-ons. Have always had issues with performance in Ninja - the DOM lags as compared to say ****** which presents issues with order execution. My workspace and chart regularly freeze or crash (some improvement on 64 bit but still unacceptable) and is untradeable during periods of high volatility. I run one workspace with max 10 charts (daily, 60 min, 15 min are pretty basic), and whenever possible have my indicators set to update on bar close, as "true". Every so often I have a workspace become corrupt and have to spend the time to recreate it. I’ve gone through various forums, suggestions on the Ninja support site to change anything I can to improve performance but haven’t been able to see any significant improvements.

I run a computer dedicated to trading only, lots of memory and power so none of this should be an issue. I've done troubleshooting on my internet connection/provider, router, had servicemen come in and don't have problems on other applications so I believe the issue is Ninja although they deny it. Ninja being single-threaded rather than multi-threaded doesn’t help with performance either.

Some of these issues may be dealt with in NT8 but I’ve dealt with these problems for years now and who knows how NT8 will perform when it is ever finally released. For the time, education, money, frustration invested all these years in Ninja, I just feel I’d be better off if I went with a different platform when I was starting out.

On their support forums you rarely find an answer to a problem, they always ask people to send in log and trace files so you can't troubleshoot anything yourself (for common problems) and have to wait to go through support. When you do deal with support they frequently ask to have access to your computer (I don't like to give anyone access to my computer even if they are support) and then they snoop around outside the areas they should be looking (know this for a fact).

With this new brokerage business they no longer allow Canadians whereas long-time business partners AMP and Optimus did. I also heard their Brokerage support was poor but can't speak to this personally.

You could try to set the number of bars/days to be shown to the minimum you need for each timeframe and use slower refreshrates for the chart for the higher timeframes like 1s and above.

Maybe you use a badly written resource hog indicator as well (i found that some versions of jtrealstats use much cpu). Overall, especially when using several different instruments the same time, i would subscribe to what you are saying. But then again there are so many so useful tools available for NT7 that i would use it with not so many charts open for trading and do the longer timeframe work on some other charting platform.

Edited by k33

thanks @k33, I have done all that with the bars, timeframes, anything you can think of. Like I said I've been through a number of forums, ninja support, etc, and have made adjustments to my computer settings, ninja settings, chart settings, etc. Wherever possible I am also using indicators from BMT where the coders have re-written the code to reduce the CPU load. I've been playing around with this for years. In my opinion I shouldn't have to be doing all this work to make the software run efficiently.

Hello II experts, please help -

I have a 32 bit version of the educ@ted NT7v22 working fine. I installed it on 64bit Win7 and I get the following error in orange in the log tab. I am using the latest 5.06 Emu and I have the same working copy of NTConfig.xml from the 32-bit machine.

Default Unable to load server side config file. The underlying connection was closed. The connection was closed unexpectedly.

After I connect to Rithmic, I get another error in yellow -

Connection Unable to connect to Ninja Trader data server (6 4.2 0 2.1 1 8.1 7 9/ 31 654): A connection attempt failed because ...

I can connect to Rithmic fine. But the chart doesn't have any historic data and the Reload All Historic Data is greyed out.

I do not get these errors in the log of 32 bit machine and everything works on the 32bit machine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with 64bit install?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by goldeneagle
fixed typos

My biggest issues by far are performance and support. Other platforms have standard features (ex. footprint, market profile) that in Ninja require 3rd party add-ons. Have always had issues with performance in Ninja - the DOM lags as compared to say ****** which presents issues with order execution. My workspace and chart regularly freeze or crash (some improvement on 64 bit but still unacceptable) and is untradeable during periods of high volatility. I run one workspace with max 10 charts (daily, 60 min, 15 min are pretty basic), and whenever possible have my indicators set to update on bar close, as "true". Every so often I have a workspace become corrupt and have to spend the time to recreate it. I’ve gone through various forums, suggestions on the Ninja support site to change anything I can to improve performance but haven’t been able to see any significant improvements.

I run a computer dedicated to trading only, lots of memory and power so none of this should be an issue. I've done troubleshooting on my internet connection/provider, router, had servicemen come in and don't have problems on other applications so I believe the issue is Ninja although they deny it. Ninja being single-threaded rather than multi-threaded doesn’t help with performance either.

Some of these issues may be dealt with in NT8 but I’ve dealt with these problems for years now and who knows how NT8 will perform when it is ever finally released. For the time, education, money, frustration invested all these years in Ninja, I just feel I’d be better off if I went with a different platform when I was starting out.

On their support forums you rarely find an answer to a problem, they always ask people to send in log and trace files so you can't troubleshoot anything yourself (for common problems) and have to wait to go through support. When you do deal with support they frequently ask to have access to your computer (I don't like to give anyone access to my computer even if they are support) and then they snoop around outside the areas they should be looking (know this for a fact).

With this new brokerage business they no longer allow Canadians whereas long-time business partners AMP and Optimus did. I also heard their Brokerage support was poor but can't speak to this personally.

Re: NT DOM performance, if you are on AMP/CQG you could just pay extra $10 for 2nd login and run CQG trader instead of NT DOM side by side with NT charting. CQGT doesn't have lagging issues, at least I haven't noticed any.

I have an update on the above NT7 issue -

It doesn't seem to be problem with 32 vs 64 bit Windows.

My current educ@ted installation is on Windows XP.

When I tried to install it on Windows 7 64 bit, I have the above issue.

I also tried it on windows 7 32 bit, the problem is the same as the 64 bit issue above.

Is there a difference in the way the educ@ted NT7 works on Windows XP versus Windows 7.

Please advise. Thanks!